All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Feels like Ant had 7 of his 8 rebounds in the first half.

Would have been fun to see 3 guys with a double-double.

Just got back from the game, absolutely incredible!!! Wolves fans were high fiving each other all over the arena. Chants of Wolves in 4 could be heard throughout the corridor on the way out.

This team has been constructed beautifully and it shows in the playoffs.

Our ball movement was incredible tonight, including ANT and KAT.

KAT made some dumb fouls as usual but he was high energy early and played big.

Howl Wolves!!

Wolves had a 6pt halftime lead and dominated the 3rd Quarter to win 126-109. Recorded the ESPN post game to see how they explained away this victory.

- Gobert had 14 rebounds and Towns had 13 to combine for 27. The Suns, as a team, had 28. Explains the Wolves scoring dominance in the paint 58 to 36. Also the 2nd chance point spread at 19-8 for the Wolves.

- Edwards had a great game leading the team in scoring getting 36PT along with 9RB and 5 assists.

- After Edwards, Gobert had 19, Towns 18, Alexander-Walker 16, Conley 15 and Naz Reid 13.

- Beal 28, Durant 25 and Booker 23 for the Suns. Gordon getting 11 was the only other Sun in double figures. No Phoenix player had more than 7 rebounds either.

Just got back from the game, absolutely incredible!!! Wolves fans were high fiving each other all over the arena. Chants of Wolves in 4 could be heard throughout the corridor on the way out.

This team has been constructed beautifully and it shows in the playoffs.

Our ball movement was incredible tonight, including ANT and KAT.

KAT made some dumb fouls as usual but he was high energy early and played big.

Howl Wolves!!
That 3 that he hit and just admired it like an artist that had just completed a painting was so funny.
And when Edwards crashed in on a layup and flexed. Ha!

Minnesota fans not knowing how to react to having a legit championship contender to cheer for:

I have to preface this post by saying that MN sports fans are not allowed to have championship teams.

However, if we ever were allowed to have a championship team (which we are not!) the team might look like the current version of the Timberwolves. The wolves have talent, depth, health, coaching, focus, cohesion, an apparent love of defense and an "it" player.

Thirteen to go.

let's see how desperate Phoenix comes out on Sunday. The Suns have talent - but I get the sense that they value talent more than 'grit.' Don't get me wrong - Wolves have plenty of talent. but the Wolves also have guys who buy into the team concept and are more willing to accept their roles as part of the team.

so how gritty is Phoenix willing to be?

What was pointed out by an ESPN analyst is that the Suns will never be true contenders until they get a legit PG to orchestrate their offense.

What was pointed out by an ESPN analyst is that the Suns will never be true contenders until they get a legit PG to orchestrate their offense.
You mean like Chris Paul? They are now in worse salary cap hell than the wolves. Who would want Bradley Beal making that kind of money. Durant is only interested in playing when things are easy. Booker is a good two guard but struggles to facilitate offense for the team vs his own offense. This is the most fun I’ve ever had as a 38 year Minnesota sports fan. I was too young to remember 1991.

You mean like Chris Paul? They are now in worse salary cap hell than the wolves. Who would want Bradley Beal making that kind of money. Durant is only interested in playing when things are easy. Booker is a good two guard but struggles to facilitate offense for the team vs his own offense. This is the most fun I’ve ever had as a 38 year Minnesota sports fan. I was too young to remember 1991.

Whoa kiddo.

I personally think Beal was a horrible acquisition and agree with your other points as well.

I was relaying the thoughts of someone else - that’s all. I also think a PG like Conley, who doesn’t have to be in the limelight, would make them a much more effective and efficient offense.

Nothin I said should detract from your joy; it was an innocuous comment on a message board. If it does, then my sage wisdom to you, as someone whose got an “Andy Jackson” on you in the age department, is buckle up buttercup for your 50s, you’re in the worry free zone of life now.

To quote that noted philosopher, Arlo Givens, “Getting old ain’t for pvssys.”

Last edited:

Whoa kiddo.

I personally think Beal was a horrible acquisition and agree with your other points as well.

I was relaying the thoughts of someone else - that’s all. I also think a PG like Connolly, who doesn’t have to be in the limelight, would make them a much more effective and efficient offense.

Nothin I said should detract from your joy; it was an innocuous comment on a message board. If it does, then my sage wisdom to you, as someone whose got an “Andy Jackson” on you in the age department, is buckle up buttercup for your 50s, you’re in the worry free zone of life now.

C o n l e y
C'mon man, it's the playoffs.

Whoa kiddo.

I was relaying the thoughts of someone else - that’s all. I also think a PG like Conley, who doesn’t have to be in the limelight, would make them a much more effective and efficient offense.

I think ParkingLot's age is irrelevant. Excellence doesn't happen very often around here. The Vikings manage to look like something about once a decade, the Twins once a generation, the Wild once and the timberwolves drowned one good season in fifteen years of contemptuous failure.

What we've got now is ridiculously fun. The bandwagon is filling up by the minute and that's fine.

I told my wife this morning that I'm not missing a minute of this, however long it lasts. Absent a medical emergency, social engagements and other obligations will be worked around the playoffs. She's known me for a while. She understands.

BTW, you are absolutely right. Growing old is not for p***ies.

I'm 68 yrs old. my first NBA memories involve watching Bill Russell play for the Celtics on a black-and-white TV. I remember when the NBA finals were shown on tape-delay on weeknights because CBS didn't want to pre-empt their regularly scheduled programs for pro basketball. (from 1979-81)

so this whole thing of MN having a relevant NBA team is a new experience. (other than that one year with Garnett, until Sam Cassell injured himself doing the "big balls" dance)

I'm taking this game-by-game. trying to keep expectations in check. repeat after me: the next game is the only game. there are no other games.....

I think ParkingLot's age is irrelevant. Excellence doesn't happen very often around here. The Vikings manage to look like something about once a decade, the Twins once a generation, the Wild once and the timberwolves drowned one good season in fifteen years of contemptuous failure.

What we've got now is ridiculously fun. The bandwagon is filling up by the minute and that's fine.

I told my wife this morning that I'm not missing a minute of this, however long it lasts. Absent a medical emergency, social engagements and other obligations will be worked around the playoffs. She's known me for a while. She understands.

BTW, you are absolutely right. Growing old is not for p***ies.

FYI - the age comment is a inside joke between me and Lot - that’s why it was specifically addressed to him😀

I’m glad you’re enjoying the ride and hoping you get to see a playoff game in person.

I'm 68 yrs old. my first NBA memories involve watching Bill Russell play for the Celtics on a black-and-white TV. I remember when the NBA finals were shown on tape-delay on weeknights because CBS didn't want to pre-empt their regularly scheduled programs for pro basketball. (from 1979-81)

so this whole thing of MN having a relevant NBA team is a new experience. (other than that one year with Garnett, until Sam Cassell injured himself doing the "big balls" dance)

I'm taking this game-by-game. trying to keep expectations in check. repeat after me: the next game is the only game. there are no other games.....

Tape delays and 3 to make 2 before the Bird & Magic changed everything.

Last edited:

Man, Stephen A is overbearing.

Well, Lakers are up at half once again.....
Lakers win and force another game in Denver. Nice.

Last edited:

Don't want to get ahead of things, but Wolves-Nuggets has all the looks of a classic knock-down, drag-out series.
As with you, trying not to get ahead of myself, but thinking back to last year's first round series against the Nuggets, when the T-Wolves played them as tough as anyone on their run to the championship. . .
* No Naz Reid
* No Jaden McDaniel
* Gobert and Anderson's dust up had just occurred
* NAW taking McDaniel's spot in the starting lineup, which made the team lean on Jaylen Nowell and Austin Rivers for bench minutes in the backcourt
* No Naz meant more reliance on Taurean Prince and Kyle Anderson
* No Monte Morris, with Jordan McLaughlin only playing in two games for a total of 14 minutes which meant Minnesota Mike averaged nearly 37 minutes in the series

It's going to be a hell of a series.

Top Bottom