All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

wasn't pretty. Wolves had some messy offensive possessions down the stretch, but managed to pull it out. now they get a nice break. 2nd round could begin as early as May 4th - but if the Lakers could push it to a 7th game, the next round would not start until May 6th or 7th. So the Wolves will get at least a week or possibly more.

wonder what the word is on Fitch. Looked like he was grabbing his knee after the collision.

This season is so fun. I don’t want it to end.

ANT is amazing. Only 22 and he’s OURS!!

Howl Wolves!!
The last time the Wolves advanced in the Playoffs you and I had adjacent seats.

That was TWENTY years ago.

Luckily, Finch won't have to guard any of the Nuggets, assuming they finish off the Lakers. j/k

I do hope he's OK to resume his duties from the bench. Maybe they can come up with some sort of cart/scooter for him.
He may have also fractured his patella (that was the first thing I thought when I saw the collision). The standard protocol is surgery in the next few days and the leg will be immobilized in a brace for six to twelve weeks depending on the severity of the injury. A year or so of PT. I'm not sure it would be safe for him to be on the sideline. He's not going to be able to get out of the way of anything.

The last time the Wolves advanced in the Playoffs you and I had adjacent seats.

That was TWENTY years ago.

Best game in Wolves history! It was an honor to randomly sit next to you in the last row of the Target Center!

Howl Wolves!!

He may have also fractured his patella (that was the first thing I thought when I saw the collision). The standard protocol is surgery in the next few days and the leg will be immobilized in a brace for six to twelve weeks depending on the severity of the injury. A year or so of PT. I'm not sure it would be safe for him to be on the sideline. He's not going to be able to get out of the way of anything.

FFS….

🤦🏻‍♂️

What a shame if he’s not on sidelines.

Love Finchy.

Yikes.

Maybe they can come up with a headset type thing, like football coaches? I'm only half kidding.

Yikes.

Maybe they can come up with a headset type thing, like football coaches? I'm only half kidding.
How bout a Hannibal Lecter type set-up, except with movement from waist up and no constriction of mouth. Thinking outside the box here--it would really suck if he's unable to be a physical part of the rest of these playoffs.

How bout a Hannibal Lecter type set-up, except with movement from waist up and no constriction of mouth. Thinking outside the box here--it would really suck if he's unable to be a physical part of the rest of these playoffs.
How about just move a foldeing chair and put in a recliner. At least at Target Center. Everywhere else, get him in a Walmart Scooter!

TNT on going fishing. I laugh every time at this stuff.

Murray, pg for the nuggets, has a calf strain and is questionable tonight.

Even if Finch can be present at the games, he'll be in pain and on medication. I can't see any way this works. The sports gods have done it to us again. 20 years ago it was the injury to Cassell during the playoffs. 27 years ago it was the injury to Eric Harris in the Clemson game.

Wolves win last night and sweep the Suns in Phoenix 122-116. Only negative as has been mentioned, was Finch's knee injury.

- Durant had a good night. He got 33 on only 17 shots from the floor and 9 free throw attempts. Booker had a great night, he got 49. Twenty of those points were from the line. Means he had a great night of flopping and whining too.

- Beal again was awful.

- Nobody else was really a factor.

For the Timberwolves Edwards had a monster night. 40 pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and only 2 turnovers and that was while playing 41 mutes.

- Towns also had a great night. 28 pts, 10 rebounds and no turnovers. He played 39 minutes.

- McDaniels got 18. Gobert and the bench didn't add much.

- The big stat may have been that the Wolves only had 9 turnovers all night and Gobert had 4 of them.

KFAN actually broadcast the game. We started by trying to listen to it and watch the game but there was a 7-10 second delay between the TV and radio broadcast. Turned it off then listened to Grant Hill telling us how great the Suns were playing. Took that for about a quarter before we muted it.

Wolves win last night and sweep the Suns in Phoenix 122-116. Only negative as has been mentioned, was Finch's knee injury.

- Durant had a good night. He got 33 on only 17 shots from the floor and 9 free throw attempts. Booker had a great night, he got 49. Twenty of those points were from the line. Means he had a great night of flopping and whining too.

- Beal again was awful.

- Nobody else was really a factor.

For the Timberwolves Edwards had a monster night. 40 pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assists and only 2 turnovers and that was while playing 41 mutes.

- Towns also had a great night. 28 pts, 10 rebounds and no turnovers. He played 39 minutes.

- McDaniels got 18. Gobert and the bench didn't add much.

- The big stat may have been that the Wolves only had 9 turnovers all night and Gobert had 4 of them.

KFAN actually broadcast the game. We started by trying to listen to it and watch the game but there was a 7-10 second delay between the TV and radio broadcast. Turned it off then listened to Grant Hill telling us how great the Suns were playing. Took that for about a quarter before we muted it.

Grant just loves him some Suns.

Top Bottom