All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Love Herro. Not getting him without picks included.
You're probably right but McDaniels and Anderson would be great fits on that MIA roster considering they have other outside shooters.

Jamiche was right about the contracts. I thought Jaden's new deal went into effect this year. Bogdanovic from DET would also be a tremendous addition and will likely get moved.

You're probably right but McDaniels and Anderson would be great fits on that MIA roster considering they have other outside shooters.

Jamiche was right about the contracts. I thought Jaden's new deal went into effect this year. Bogdanovic from DET would also be a tremendous addition and will likely get moved.

Ah, so you're the one that GWG is so upset with.;)

Ah, so you're the one that GWG is so upset with.;)
I don't necessarily disagree with GWG. We must have a damn good roster to have our current record. I just think you can always look for ways to improve. That's tough to do when you want to add a "win now" piece without sacrificing our long-term objectives. It's more fun to play with others's toys. 😉

I don't necessarily disagree with GWG. We must have a damn good roster to have our current record. I just think you can always look for ways to improve. That's tough to do when you want to add a "win now" piece without sacrificing our long-term objectives. It's more fun to play with others's toys. 😉

Nobody is disagreeing with him on that. You were the first one in quite awhile to talk about trading a starter. Everybody else is talking about bench and role players.

He played in 6 of 20 playoff games totaling 3 points over 17 minutes almost all during scrub time.

He did absolutely nothing to move the needle of their championship team.

Denver won because they didn't mess with their core during the season. It was the same with the Warriors before that, and the Bucks the year before that.
First off, I never said we should blow up the roster. We need depth and that's what is going to happen. Not taking advantage of better players being moved/released is crazy.

Reggie averaged 8 points and just under 4 assists in 19 minutes a game before the playoffs. He's getting 11 points and 4 assists this year. Good pick up for sure.

It boils down to you thinking they can win a championship standing pat. I don't, unless they make a move.

First off, I never said we should blow up the roster. We need depth and that's what is going to happen. Not taking advantage of better players being moved/released is crazy.

Reggie averaged 8 points and just under 4 assists in 19 minutes a game before the playoffs. He's getting 11 points and 4 assists this year. Good pick up for sure.

It boils down to you thinking they can win a championship standing pat. I don't, unless they make a move.

Reggie didn't play in the playoffs. If you want to argue they trade Shake Milton and/or a 2nd rounder to get a slight upgrade over McLaughlin then sure that's possible. That player won't change how they do in the playoffs.

They've said since last year they want to see how this team does playing together for a full season. So far they are 32-13 and #1 in the west. They're not trading any of their core including Kyle Anderson who everyone including Ant and Gobert say is the leader of their team. Continuity matters in basketball.

This team will win if Ant and the rest of the kids grow up enough to win. Not because of any trade they make.

I agree, it was sarcasm.

The Wolves are through their toughest part of the schedule, are tied for the 2nd best record in the league, and on pace to win more games than Denver did last season.

They were the only team that gave Denver a battle in last years playoffs and that was without Naz and McDaniels. If they play anyone else in the first two rounds they probably end up in the WC finals a year ago, especially if they had those two.

The Wolves can do nothing and still will be one of the favorites to win it all. A few bumps in January doesn't change that. People need to relax.
I totally disagree. We literally can't score in game after game at the end of games. That's when the defense really stiffens up. That's playoff basketball at the end of games.

I don't see how we score enough in the playoffs.

Wolves hold on for road victory over Brooklyn Nets

NEW YORK – Once upon a time, the Timberwolves had a functioning late-game offense.

They started the season among the league leaders in clutch-time offensive numbers, but when the calendar turned to 2024, the Wolves became one of the worst, 28th in offensive clutch-time efficiency.

Their fourth-quarter offense again evaded them for most of Wednesday, but they squeaked out a 96-94 victory over the Nets.

The Nets erased a 17-point second half deficit on the back of sloppy Wolves offense (eight fourth-quarter turnovers) and tied the game 94-94 on two Cam Johnson free throws with 1 minute, 11 seconds left. The Wolves re-took the lead on a Karl-Anthony Towns lob pass to Rudy Gobert for a dunk with 58.1 seconds left. The Wolves still had that two-point lead after an Anthony Edwards miss before Jaden McDaniels fouled Mikal Bridges with 2.4 seconds left. But Bridges missed the first free throw, and then was called for a lane violation on the second.

That saved the Wolves from themselves.

Towns had 27 points. Edwards had 24 while Cam Thomas had 25 for the Nets...

I totally disagree. We literally can't score in game after game at the end of games. That's when the defense really stiffens up. That's playoff basketball at the end of games.

I don't see how we score enough in the playoffs.

Can't score so much at the end of games that they're 32-13 and #1 in the west.

They've struggled at the end of games when Ant has struggled. They're not trading Ant. He will need to grow up. If he does, they will win.

This is like arguing with my dad and drunk uncles.

Can't score so much at the end of games that they're 32-13 and #1 in the west.

They've struggled at the end of games when Ant has struggled. They're not trading Ant. He will need to grow up. If he does, they will win.

This is like arguing with my dad and drunk uncles.
Yep, and the Vikings were 13-4 last year and then the playoffs came.

The wolves have been playing like azz for many games in a row now. I appreciate your optimism.

The wolves have been playing like azz for many games in a row now. I appreciate your optimism.
7-3 in the last 10 games. I would say the T-wolves have come a long way if “fans” are complaining about this stretch.

Nobody is disagreeing with him on that. You were the first one in quite awhile to talk about trading a starter. Everybody else is talking about bench and role players.
I'm not really advocating for us to trade a starter. I just don't think we are going to get an actual playoff contributor or difference maker offering up a combo of bench players and 2nds. Just thinking outside the box a little.

Reggie didn't play in the playoffs. If you want to argue they trade Shake Milton and/or a 2nd rounder to get a slight upgrade over McLaughlin then sure that's possible. That player won't change how they do in the playoffs.

They've said since last year they want to see how this team does playing together for a full season. So far they are 32-13 and #1 in the west. They're not trading any of their core including Kyle Anderson who everyone including Ant and Gobert say is the leader of their team. Continuity matters in basketball.

This team will win if Ant and the rest of the kids grow up enough to win. Not because of any trade they make.
They got Reggie for depth and he did well for them. Then they tightened the roster for the playoffs. Now, he's playing 20 minutes a game. Good move in every way.

I've been saying for pages that they need bench help (as have several others). I haven't once said they should trade starters. Not sure what you're talking about.

They should do whatever it takes to win now. That's why they traded for Rudy. Not to wait for Ant and the rest to grow up. Last year was supposed to be this year. This year was supposed to be title hopefuls. No one in charge wants to wait till next year. They have to add more and they will. Hopefully it's enough.

Tonight was another poorly played game. They need more.

7-3 in the last 10 games. I would say the T-wolves have come a long way if “fans” are complaining about this stretch.
True. Which is why they should take advantage of a situation they aren't normally in.

The Vikings got to 13-4 with smoke and mirrors last year. The Wolves have gotten to #1 in the west by playing at about 80% of what they are capable of playing.

They're still a young team that will take it up another notch or two when the playoffs come, with their current roster.

They got Reggie for depth and he did well for them. Then they tightened the roster for the playoffs. Now, he's playing 20 minutes a game. Good move in every way.

I've been saying for pages that they need bench help (as have several others). I haven't once said they should trade starters. Not sure what you're talking about.

They should do whatever it takes to win now. That's why they traded for Rudy. Not to wait for Ant and the rest to grow up. Last year was supposed to be this year. This year was supposed to be title hopefuls. No one in charge wants to wait till next year. They have to add more and they will. Hopefully it's enough.

Tonight was another poorly played game. They need more.

And Denver didn't trade anyone to pickup Reggie, and he still had nothing to do with their dominant finals run last year.

The Wolves aren't trading the following:

Ant
Kat
Rudy
McDaniels
Naz
Conley
Slo Mo
And most likely not NAW.

If they make any moves to the roster it will be outside of that group.

And Denver didn't trade anyone to pickup Reggie, and he still had nothing to do with their dominant finals run last year.

The Wolves aren't trading the following:

Ant
Kat
Rudy
McDaniels
Naz
Conley
Slo Mo
And most likely not NAW.

If they make any moves to the roster it will be outside of that group.
No!!!!

Trade Slo Mo! For the love of Marbury, trade Slo mo

No!!!!

Trade Slo Mo! For the love of Marbury, trade Slo mo

They're not trading the leader of their 1st place team in the middle of the season. He's like the Wolves poor man version of Draymond Green.

Last edited:

I'm not really advocating for us to trade a starter. I just don't think we are going to get an actual playoff contributor or difference maker offering up a combo of bench players and 2nds. Just thinking outside the box a little.

With their future draft pick situation then you were advocating trading a starter. Don't be so afraid of offending the troll. His real drunk uncles would be proud of you. Think outside the box a little.

With their future draft pick situation then you were advocating trading a starter. Don't be so afraid of offending the troll. His real drunk uncles would be proud of you. Think outside the box a little.

You think I'm a troll because I think the 1st place Wolves aren't going to trade one of their main rotation pieces in the middle of the season? Most teams in the Wolves position in the past don't shake up the roster for a reason.

Lighten up.

When the Wolves beat the Nets last night by 2, Towns didn't get his first Free Throws until the 2:47 mark of the 4th Quarter! The bench gave the Wolves a grand total of 16 pts. The Wolves have put together a great record and a great starting 5.

They are gonna finish high up in the Western Conference. Should do well in the playoffs too. Though you have to be an idiot, troll or drunk to think they'll win the NBA Championship without some scoring from the bench or a player who the refs actually will reward when they get fouled.,

Last edited:

The wolves really will only be able to swap out milton type of players for another guy at the same level or trade anderson and milton for a slightly better JMac. Neither will move the needle a whole lot and will just be making moves to make moves.

You think I'm a troll because..

You know why. It's transparent. You're a troll because you respond to things that aren't being said. You constantly create straw man arguments so you can respond to them.

The Political Board trolls would be proud of what you're doing.

Last edited:

The wolves really will only be able to swap out milton type of players for another guy at the same level or trade anderson and milton for a slightly better JMac. Neither will move the needle a whole lot and will just be making moves to make moves.

Why do you think the needle needs to be moved "a whole lot"? They are on top of the Western Conference and have the 2nd best record in the NBA. They don't need a whole lot to make them better. They need the refs to call the game evenly and give Towns and Edwards the same calls that they give Embid, Tatum, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander et al.

Or they can get a bench player on waivers who can get them 9-12 points a game consistently. Not sure that's gonna happen.

Do think that they'll never get a fair shake from the refs.

Last edited:

Why do you think the needle needs to be moved "a whole lot"? They are on top of the Western Conference and have the 2nd best record in the NBA. They don't need a whole lot to make them better. They need the refs to call the game evenly and give Towns and Edwards the same calls that they give Embid, Tatum, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander et al.

Or they can get a bench player on waivers who can get them 9-12 points a game consistently. Not sure that's gonna happen.

Do think that they'll never get a fair shake from the refs.
I'm not disagreeing about that take at all i just don't know what the wolves can do about that haha. Personally the only moves they should make if they make any at all would be to dump milton and brown and just get in two pieces who are at the same level. Maybe the new guys can hit a shot when they see the floor.

If they won't do that then just don't do anything. Bring in a new bench coach who can light a fire in the 4th quarter.

Top Bottom