All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Looks like a night for big scoring. Embid has 65 with 3:01 left in the game. A single 3 pointer and 19 from the Free Throw line.

Towns has 53, Embid ended-up with 70 as Philly beat San Antonio 133-123.

Last edited:

Timberwolves lead Charlotte 107-92 after 3 quarters.

Towns has 58.

I’m sorry giving the ball to KAT to drive to the hoop and hope for a foul is crazy. Refs hate him and it’s at the end of the game. No way he’s getting a call there. There was so much flailing you couldn’t tell if there was a foul.

Absolute Horrific Loss!

Holy Flipping Defense!

It's unraveling.

I’m sorry giving the ball to KAT to drive to the hoop and hope for a foul is crazy. Refs hate him and it’s at the end of the game. No way he’s getting a call there. There was so much flailing you couldn’t tell if there was a foul.
The guy mad 10 of 16 from deep and Finch wants him driving to the hoop. That’s moronic.

Absolutely embarrassing loss. Really disappointing on so many levels. Team can’t let this be a season defining loss though it could be if they don’t get their shit together.

Howl Wolves!!

What is it about KAT? His stats were amazing, fantastic shooting night and scores 62...but that the same time his plus/minus was zero! Some players have a great night and drive their team to big wins, KAT scores 62 and the team loses. Weird.

What is it about KAT? His stats were amazing, fantastic shooting night and scores 62...but that the same time his plus/minus was zero! Some players have a great night and drive their team to big wins, KAT scores 62 and the team loses. Weird.

His critics have said for years and years (dating back to his UK days) that he’s not a winner. Hard to argue based on the fact he’s never won.

Really disappointing last few days. Hope we aren’t about to slide.

Howl Wolves!!

His critics have said for years and years (dating back to his UK days) that he’s not a winner. Hard to argue based on the fact he’s never won.

Really disappointing last few days. Hope we aren’t about to slide.

Howl Wolves!!
Great shooting night, but he didn't do anything on defense. He rarely puts together a complete game.

Unfortunately, I was at the game. The outcome felt inevitable, even when the wolves were up by 15. Charlotte recognized KAT's narcissism and set the perfect trap for him. The loss was on KAT, Finch (failure to sit KAT in the third when he started playing one on five ball) and Ant for playing a strangely passive aggressive basketball game.

There has been something off about this team the last five or six games. My sense is that last night will either be a pivot back to the excellence of the first 35 or so games of the season or the spiral that has never been far from the back of our minds.

The cliche about it being a players' league is true. Finch is now using the kind of harsh language in the post game pressers that sounds like he's trying to get through to players who are no longer listening. What happens going forward will mostly be up to Ant, KAT, Rudy and Conley. We'll see....

Unfortunately, I was at the game. The outcome felt inevitable, even when the wolves were up by 15. Charlotte recognized KAT's narcissism and set the perfect trap for him. The loss was on KAT, Finch (failure to sit KAT in the third when he started playing one on five ball) and Ant for playing a strangely passive aggressive basketball game.

There has been something off about this team the last five or six games. My sense is that last night will either be a pivot back to the excellence of the first 35 or so games of the season or the spiral that has never been far from the back of our minds.

The cliche about it being a players' league is true. Finch is now using the kind of harsh language in the post game pressers that sounds like he's trying to get through to players who are no longer listening. What happens going forward will mostly be up to Ant, KAT, Rudy and Conley. We'll see....
Yep. Up 12 and I knew we were toast. Ant decided he wanted his and forced it. Kat forced it. No one played any defense. Even Rudy was super slow with help defense. Just a terrible loss in every way.

late in the 1st half, Towns was shooting 14 of 16 on FGA, 8-8 on 3pt att.

ended the game 21 of 35 FGA, 10-15 on 3pt.

so - starting late in the 1st half and for the rest of the game, he shot 7 of 19 FGA, 2-7 on 3pt.

but he got his points!

FWIW - while watching the Wolves, I was also watching a HS Boys BB game on my phone. both teams had great ball movement - passing the ball, finding the open man, getting good shots. I wish I could show that game tape to the Wolves and say - this is what it looks like when you play as a team - not as 5 individuals each looking to get "his" points.

Rumor I like...

Detroit sends Alec Burks to the Wolves for Jones Jr., Shake Milton, and a 2025 2nd round pick (Utah).

Kyle Lowery has been traded to Charlotte. I assume he will be released. Wolves could use him!

Rumor I like...

Detroit sends Alec Burks to the Wolves for Jones Jr., Shake Milton, and a 2025 2nd round pick (Utah).

Kyle Lowery has been traded to Charlotte. I assume he will be released. Wolves could use him!
Lowry is toast. I'm not sure that Burks gives the wolves anything more than JMac other than some size. I suppose it will depend on what it will take to pry Jones out of the Wizards' hands close to the trading deadline.

Two weeks ago I thought they needed somebody to fill a hole (backup pg) and I would have been fine if they did nothing. Now I think they might need a real change. It will be interesting to see how the next week goes.

Any chance JMac is the odd guy out given his contract? It’s a lot to pay for a guy that is only really great at defense. KAT and Rudy seem to be able to coexist, so maybe JMac is the contract that has to go.

Any chance JMac is the odd guy out given his contract? It’s a lot to pay for a guy that is only really great at defense. KAT and Rudy seem to be able to coexist, so maybe JMac is the contract that has to go.
He barely makes $2 million and it expires at the end of the season, so I doubt he is going anywhere unless it's a trade for a pg. Plus, he's barely good enough to be in the league imo.

Lowry is toast. I'm not sure that Burks gives the wolves anything more than JMac other than some size. I suppose it will depend on what it will take to pry Jones out of the Wizards' hands close to the trading deadline.

Two weeks ago I thought they needed somebody to fill a hole (backup pg) and I would have been fine if they did nothing. Now I think they might need a real change. It will be interesting to see how the next week goes.
Burks is a wing who can still shoot. Light years better than JMac.

Wolves absolutely need to do something.

No matter how they act or what they say, it's never gonna change. Go get a guy who can play the point and can shoot 'cuz the disparity is not gonna change.

Wolves-Hornets game had 10 missed calls in final 2 minutes

Three of the incorrect calls favored Minnesota and six favored Charlotte, including a missed shooting foul that would've given Karl-Anthony Towns a chance to give the Timberwolves a lead with less than five seconds left. One foul against the Hornets was assigned to the incorrect player (Brandon Miller instead of P.J. Washington).

In all, the Hornets should've been whistled for two shooting fouls, two travels/double dribble, a loose ball foul and a personal foul. The Wolves got away with two shooting fouls as well as an offensive foul on the final possession of the game..

The complaining about the PG position and the ability to shoot is interesting when the team has multiple PGs, and are 3rd in the league in 3 point shooting.

Top Bottom