All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I'm not disagreeing about that take at all i just don't know what the wolves can do about that haha. Personally the only moves they should make if they make any at all would be to dump milton and brown and just get in two pieces who are at the same level. Maybe the new guys can hit a shot when they see the floor.

If they won't do that then just don't do anything. Bring in a new bench coach who can light a fire in the 4th quarter.

(y) I amended my post. I meant getting someone off the waiver wire. Don't think they can get anybody worthwhile in a trade.

Last edited:

You know why. It's transparent. You're a troll because you respond to things that aren't being said. You constantly create straw man arguments so you can respond to them.

The Political Board trolls would be proud of what you're doing.

What are you talking about? A lot of people on this board have suggested trading players currently in the rotation. I'm saying they won't and that they have enough to win a NBA championship as is.

How terrible and trollish of me.

What are you talking about? A lot of people on this board have suggested trading players currently in the rotation.

You were saying? Oh, see that you went from people are talking about trading starters and "breaking up" the team to now saying "rotation" players. Nice try troll.:drink:

"It's transparent. You're a troll because you respond to things that aren't being said. You constantly create straw man arguments so you can respond to them."

wish the nba would flex games on national tv or nba tv like the NFL does...okc and New Orleans play tonight and the Portland/San Antonio game is on nba tv instead

You were saying? Oh, see that you went from people are talking about trading starters and "breaking up" the team to now saying "rotation" players. Nice try troll.:drink:

"It's transparent. You're a troll because you respond to things that aren't being said. You constantly create straw man arguments so you can respond to them."

Yeah no one has talked about trading McDaniels, Slo Mo, or others to add more shooting to the rotation. Those guys are core rotation players.

Even though there are pages of it, I just made it all up.

You continue to show why you're one of the most thin skinned posters on this site.

And Denver didn't trade anyone to pickup Reggie, and he still had nothing to do with their dominant finals run last year.

The Wolves aren't trading the following:

Ant
Kat
Rudy
McDaniels
Naz
Conley
Slo Mo
And most likely not NAW.

If they make any moves to the roster it will be outside of that group.
No shit. You should actually read the thread. You'll see that almost everyone has been writing that.....over and over again. No wonder your uncles drink when arguing with you.

Oh, Reggie obviously did help them if he was getting 19 minutes a game before the playoffs and now is getting 23 minutes. You understand that players can help a team outside of the playoffs right?

You are all over the place here. First you claimed that the Wolves have the best lineup in the league and are legit championship contenders. Then, you state that Ant and the other younger players need to grow up first. Then, you claim that any smaller moves won't help them win a championship. I've been constant. The Wolves should, and need to, make a move to help the bench if they want to be serious about making a championship run. The biggest rumored trade (and the one that makes the most sense) is Detroit sending Markus Morris to the Wolves for Milton, Jones Jr. and 2nd rounders. That would be an incredible pickup for the Wolves. A legit PG that can get them anywhere from 15-20+ minutes. He would absolutely help them in the playoffs.

The wolves really will only be able to swap out milton type of players for another guy at the same level or trade anderson and milton for a slightly better JMac. Neither will move the needle a whole lot and will just be making moves to make moves.
Totally disagree. Milton, Jones Jr., and Minott hardly play. Getting a solid player for any combo of them would be a smart move. A move like that is very possible with teams unloading expiring contracts.

What are you talking about? A lot of people on this board have suggested trading players currently in the rotation. I'm saying they won't and that they have enough to win a NBA championship as is.

How terrible and trollish of me.
You're not a troll. You just are making up arguments that aren't there. The Wolves need help and will make a move/moves to address that. We have smart people in charge now.

No shit. You should actually read the thread. You'll see that almost everyone has been writing that.....over and over again. No wonder your uncles drink when arguing with you.

Oh, Reggie obviously did help them if he was getting 19 minutes a game before the playoffs and now is getting 23 minutes. You understand that players can help a team outside of the playoffs right?

You are all over the place here. First you claimed that the Wolves have the best lineup in the league and are legit championship contenders. Then, you state that Ant and the other younger players need to grow up first. Then, you claim that any smaller moves won't help them win a championship. I've been constant. The Wolves should, and need to, make a move to help the bench if they want to be serious about making a championship run. The biggest rumored trade (and the one that makes the most sense) is Detroit sending Markus Morris to the Wolves for Milton, Jones Jr. and 2nd rounders. That would be an incredible pickup for the Wolves. A legit PG that can get them anywhere from 15-20+ minutes. He would absolutely help them in the playoffs.

You keep bringing up this season with Reggie. What has Denver won this season? They won without him playing in the playoffs last season. They have a worse record than the Wolves with him playing this season.

I'm not all over the place. The flaws you and others are concerned about with this team are a combination of Ant, Kat, and the other young players immaturity. They will work that out themselves or with better coaching if they are going to win. They already have veteran leadership in Conley, Rudy, and Slo Mo. They have veteran 3 and D guys that they signed in the offseason that don't even play.

You and others keep saying they need to pick up a veteran player to strengthen the bench, but that player will have to play over someone to make a difference. So who are they playing over? They're not going to a consistent 10 man rotation, if they wanted to, they would play Brown Jr, and Shake more.

You keep bringing up this season with Reggie. What has Denver won this season? They won without him playing in the playoffs last season. They have a worse record than the Wolves with him playing this season.

I'm not all over the place. The flaws you and others are concerned about with this team are a combination of Ant, Kat, and the other young players immaturity. They will work that out themselves or with better coaching if they are going to win. They already have veteran leadership in Conley, Rudy, and Slo Mo. They have veteran 3 and D guys that they signed in the offseason that don't even play.

You and others keep saying they need to pick up a veteran player to strengthen the bench, but that player will have to play over someone to make a difference. So who are they playing over? They're not going to a consistent 10 man rotation, if they wanted to, they would play Brown Jr, and Shake more.
It's not that hard... A PG comes in and automatically gets the back-up spot. They don't have a legit back-up right now. Milton was supposed to be that guy. He's not. Jmac is a bad option as well, otherwise he would have secured that spot by now.

They could use shooting as well, as a few have mentioned. That player would take minutes from a few players. If he shoots well, he keeps those minutes.

Yeah no one has talked about trading McDaniels, Slo Mo, or others to add more shooting to the rotation. Those guys are core rotation players.

:ROFLMAO:

McDaniels? How far back did you go? Since the salary problems have came up how many posts have advocated that? How about complaining about all the posts saying Gobert and Towns won't be "able to play together" or how the Wolves will never win "with both Pek and Rubio hurt"?:cheer:

"Oh, see that you went from people are talking about trading starters and "breaking up" the team to now saying "rotation" players"

You know for a guy who loves being a troll you're really bad at it.

That is trolling.
I feel that trolling is when someone doesn't actually believe what they are saying. Or, exaggerate what they are saying to get a reaction. GW really believes he is right (which he isn't of course). Depends on the definition I guess

I feel that trolling is when someone doesn't actually believe what they are saying. Or, exaggerate what they are saying to get a reaction. GW really believes he is right (which he isn't of course). Depends on the definition I guess

Understandable, but when he keeps changing what he's complaining about and never admitting that "yeah, i was wrong about that" that's either someone with a massively sensitive ego or a troll.

Or both.

It's not that hard... A PG comes in and automatically gets the back-up spot. They don't have a legit back-up right now. Milton was supposed to be that guy. He's not. Jmac is a bad option as well, otherwise he would have secured that spot by now.

They could use shooting as well, as a few have mentioned. That player would take minutes from a few players. If he shoots well, he keeps those minutes.

Jmac has been playing 13 min per game this month. Even if they upgrade over Jmac, that player is not going to play much in the playoffs.

Everyone in the Wolves rotation shoots at or over 37% from 3 except Rudy and Slo Mo. So does Troy Brown Jr who doesn't play anymore. So they have shooters already that they aren't even using.

Your proposed moves are fringe moves that do nothing to change the outcome of the Wolves playoff chances, which is what I've been saying. They are going to live or die by the 8 man core they've already assembled.

Jmac has been playing 13 min per game this month. Even if they upgrade over Jmac, that player is not going to play much in the playoffs.

Everyone in the Wolves rotation shoots at or over 37% from 3 except Rudy and Slo Mo. So does Troy Brown Jr who doesn't play anymore. So they have shooters already that they aren't even using.

Your proposed moves are fringe moves that do nothing to change the outcome of the Wolves playoff chances, which is what I've been saying. They are going to live or die by the 8 man core they've already assembled.
JMac to the end of the bench if they get a pg. Simple as that. The replacement pg will play in the playoffs if they perform well enough. Always depends on the player of course, but the right move could make an impact.

Have no idea if this could actually happen. Kinda doubt it but the feeling is out there about the Wolves ball handling and bench.

In this piece, I focus on 10 teams, five in each conference, that could benefit from making a swap. I’ve selected these teams based on how they’ve performed over the last 20 games, or since Dec. 12..

Minnesota Timberwolves (second, 31-13)

What they need: Ball security. Even with one of the steadiest starting point guards in the league in their starting lineup in Mike Conley, the Timberwolves have been awful taking care of the basketball all season. The Timberwolves are dead last in field goal attempts per game, and since Dec. 12, they are also dead last in turnover percentage. Minnesota is having a fantastic season, but it has a troublesome weak spot.

Who they should target: Detroit Pistons point guard Monté Morris. It’s been a lost season for Morris due to a quad injury, but he finally made his season debut, finding three assists in 11 minutes. In true Morris fashion, he had no turnovers; Morris annually compiles elite assist-turnover ratios. If Morris is healthy and can find his rhythm after not playing for months, he can help a team’s bench and provide insurance. That is especially important for a team that starts a 36-year-old small guard and has a history of unserious postseason basketball.

Have no idea if this could actually happen. Kinda doubt it but the feeling is out there about the Wolves ball handling and bench.

In this piece, I focus on 10 teams, five in each conference, that could benefit from making a swap. I’ve selected these teams based on how they’ve performed over the last 20 games, or since Dec. 12..

What they need: Ball security. Even with one of the steadiest starting point guards in the league in their starting lineup in Mike Conley, the Timberwolves have been awful taking care of the basketball all season. The Timberwolves are dead last in field goal attempts per game, and since Dec. 12, they are also dead last in turnover percentage. Minnesota is having a fantastic season, but it has a troublesome weak spot.

Who they should target: Detroit Pistons point guard Monté Morris. It’s been a lost season for Morris due to a quad injury, but he finally made his season debut, finding three assists in 11 minutes. In true Morris fashion, he had no turnovers; Morris annually compiles elite assist-turnover ratios. If Morris is healthy and can find his rhythm after not playing for months, he can help a team’s bench and provide insurance. That is especially important for a team that starts a 36-year-old small guard and has a history of unserious postseason basketball.

Hmmmm.

JMac to the end of the bench if they get a pg. Simple as that. The replacement pg will play in the playoffs if they perform well enough. Always depends on the player of course, but the right move could make an impact.

Maybe, and JMac would go to the end of the bench, but he's player 9 right now. And the Wolves will likely shorten their bench further for the playoffs, meaning a player like NAW will likely see a reduced role, let alone any backup PG they get.

Maybe, and JMac would go to the end of the bench, but he's player 9 right now. And the Wolves will likely shorten their bench further for the playoffs, meaning a player like NAW will likely see a reduced role, let alone any backup PG they get.
Imo...if they make the Morris (or like) trade, they go 9 deep. That is ideal.

Imo...if they make the Morris (or like) trade, they go 9 deep. That is ideal.

Why is 9 ideal? Look at the playoff teams that made a deep run last year. They pretty much all had 8 man rotations, but the top 6 logged the majority of the minutes, and 7 and 8 saw a much more limited role.

Id argue trading kyle for a shooter would un-clog the paint and provide more spacing, leading to less turnovers.

Mackey said today the team is ranked 7th in points per 100 possessions without kyle

Naz, NAW, Anderson and new guy will all see minutes. Starters will still get as theirs.
Why is 9 ideal? Look at the playoff teams that made a deep run last year. They pretty much all had 8 man rotations, but the top 6 logged the majority of the minutes, and 7 and 8 saw a much more limited role.

Top Bottom