All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

In the 4th Quarter, we had Rudy, Naz, Kyle, Milton and McGlaughlin on the court together in crunchtime and that is when the entire game changed.

Can we trade Finch for Pops?

Pops? WTF?.... He's a senile, demented old bastard. Should have left the game years ago.

A change at the helm may not be a bad way to go though, it'll be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.

Pops? WTF?.... He's a senile, demented old bastard. Should have left the game years ago.

A change at the helm may not be a bad way to go though, it'll be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out.
Finch's trade value is plummeting so a demented old bastard might be fair value at this point.

Such a dumb team at the end of games. Point Ant casually dribbles into the trap and makes Towns take a rushed shot. The McDaniels foul was common for him. He doesn't seem to have any idea what's happening.

Tough one coming up @ OKC. They are on a 5 game win streak, 4 of which were on the road. They play @ Detroit tonight and then head home to host the Wolves.

In the 4th Quarter, we had Rudy, Naz, Kyle, Milton and McGlaughlin on the court together in crunchtime and that is when the entire game changed.

Can we trade Finch for Pops?

That's the main problem, not Finch. Milton and McLaughlin have no business being in the NBA. Unless it as the 14th and 15th guys for scrimmages. They can't really shoot well and they can't handle or distribute the ball on a NBA level.

Once we knew that there would be no Conley, their only dependable PG, no one should have been surprised about a close game or a loss. Got fooled in the 1st Quarter, but just angry at the end. Edwards is not a PG. Not yet at least. Finch's scheme comes into play here. Standing 4 guys in the perimeter and having Edwards or Towns drive and then kick the ball out for 3. That only works if you have 4 guys out there who can hit that 3. Or if they can get an Embid, Tatum or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander whistle.

The Wolves never do.

Staring around 12/12/23 the rest of the NBA caught on to the fact that the Wolves don't have those choices. So they pack the middle and hack away or rebound the miss.

That's the main problem, not Finch. Milton and McLaughlin have no business being in the NBA. Unless it as the 14th and 15th guys for scrimmages. They can't really shoot well and they can't handle or distribute the ball on a NBA level.

Once we knew that there would be no Conley, their only dependable PG, no one should have been surprised about a close game or a loss. Got fooled in the 1st Quarter, but just angry at the end. Edwards is not a PG. Not yet at least. Finch's scheme comes into play here. Standing 4 guys in the perimeter and having Edwards or Towns drive and then kick the ball out for 3. That only works if you have 4 guys out there who can hit that 3. Or if they can get an Embid, Tatum or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander whistle.

The Wolves never do.

Staring around 12/12/23 the rest of the NBA caught on to the fact that the Wolves don't have those choices. So they pack the middle and hack away or rebound the miss.
There are circumstances like injury or foul trouble, but we should always have at least two (2) of Rudy, Ant and KAT on the court at all times due to our offensive deficiencies IMO.

I was being facetious about getting rid of Finch but I do hold the coach responsible for our player rotations. McDaniels' lack of basketball IQ drives me crazy, too.

The Wolves never do.

This is where our good buddy McDaniels comes into play. He literally can't score other than an open three, or a a run out on the break. Those tend to dry up in the 4th quarter. You can't go to Gobert, Conley or McDaniels for a bucket when the defense picks up in the 4th. They crowd Towns, and then it's up to ANT. ANT can piss me off at times, but he needs more help. A three that can break someone down or dribble even a little would be huge. A point guard who does more than run the show is needed in the fourth quarter, also.

McDaniels starts his 140 million contract or whatever it is next year. I just don't know how that is going to work, because he doesn't score nearly enough.

There are circumstances like injury or foul trouble, but we should always have at least two (2) of Rudy, Ant and KAT on the court at all times due to our offensive deficiencies IMO.

I was being facetious about getting rid of Finch but I do hold the coach responsible for our player rotations. McDaniels' lack of basketball IQ drives me crazy, too.

At some point coaching has to be held responsible. Since Finch arrived pretty much the entire roster changed except for KAT/Ant. Reid and McDaniels were also on the roster, but their roles have changed/increased.

Despite changing everyone else out, the 4th quarter meltdowns have remained consistent under Finch's leadership.

Tough one coming up @ OKC. They are on a 5 game win streak, 4 of which were on the road. They play @ Detroit tonight and then head home to host the Wolves.

The Thunder are no longer on a 5-game winning streak. In another no one saw that coming game, the 6-40 Detroit Pistons beat now 32-14 OKC today. By 16.

How? Maybe because Detroit had a single TO and the Refs only gave Gilgeous-Alexander 5 free throws.

The Thunder are no longer on a 5-game winning streak. In another no one saw that coming game, the 6-40 Detroit Pistons beat now 32-14 OKC today. By 16.

How? Maybe because Detroit had a single TO and the Refs only gave Gilgeous-Alexander 5 free throws.

And here I was going to put in my post, “and probably 6”, but declined.

Read that it’s the first time in 25 attempts that the Pistons beat a team with a .500 or better record.

Don't count on a win tonight. Below is from Allan Horton at Wolves Radio:
https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio

"Chris Finch says Mike Conley (hamstring) is OUT tonight vs. Thunder. It’s the 4th time in 5 games Wolves have been without their starting PG."

Jon Kawczyński was on Barrerio this afternoon. He talked about how desperately the Wolves need another ball handler, shooter and how they have to quit turning the ball over.

Just hope that Finch doesn't try to prove a point to management again that they need to get him a PG who can handle the ball and shoot for the bench.

We've missed dunks, close in shots, and bunnies. So damn frustrating. We are playing good defense tonight.

77-73 OKC at the end of 3. Closer than I thought it'd be without Conley.

Minnesota Bench: 13 pts thru 3

OKC Bench: 18

Top Bottom