All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Last night's game was a perfect example of who's paying attention and who isn't. If you watched the game all the way through, you'd be concerned about how they were neck and neck until the end of the 3rd Quarter. A team that was playing without 4 of their starters. Including both Irving and Luca! And how Anthony Edwards didn't get a FG after the 1st Quarter.

Though if you only saw the 4th Quarter or the final score you're thinking "Damn Wolves really took care of business!"

Most of the National Commentators and even one of the local TV guys fell into the later category. Much better than "The Wolves won't last" that we had to put up with the last few weeks.

Are people under the impression that the Wolves are the only team in the NBA who sometimes has close games against bad teams? We're over halfway through the season, at this point their record says what they are, an elite team.

Reading on here for weeks now and yes, people are under that impression. Even more so that good teams don't give up big leads!

They are both wrong headed. There have always been close games between good and bad teams. Anybody who pays attention has also seen over the last 2-3 weeks that giving up a big lead is a regular occurrence too.

Though anybody who watched last night's Wolves/Mavericks game from the beginning and saw that the Mavericks only were gonna be able to play a single guy from their top 5 was definitely concerned at the Half.

They are still the best team in the Western Conference and they will be there at the end.

Even all the "playing Gobert and Towns together will never work!" people should know that by now.

Was only able to catch the first half last night. They obviously got better as the game went on. Don’t think Edwards was too into it last night. In hindsight, rather he be like that than take the night off and not play at all. Nice little insurance policy if the game were to stay tight in the 4th period.

The Wolves are contenders but why are people concerned about the Wolves? Anyone paying attention should be.

"Minnesota started the season 24-7, but once the calendar flipped to Jan. 1 they've been staggered, going 9-7 in 16 games. Nine teams in the West have better winning percentages than the Wolves since Jan. 1. "

But...but....they are still in first place. :rolleyes:

I'm in the camp that they 100% need to get some help or we are wasting a rare moment in Timberwolves history. Being a buyer and not a seller.

They better do something to ensure they get the home-court advantage. That is going to be huge.

Anyone getting worked up over last nights game, or really any games in the middle of the season, have you paid any attention to the NBA or the middle of the season of any sport?

They knew Dallas was rolling out the C squad and slept walked through that game. Outside of big games, like at OKC on Monday, these guys are playing at like 80% in the regular season.

Denver lost 29 games in the regular season last year, and weren't even challenged in the playoffs. Golden State lost 29 the year before, the Bucks 26 in a shortened season before that, and they are all NBA champions.

Thinking this Wolves team isn't a contender is absurd. They didn't have Naz and McDaniels last postseason and still would have likely ended up in the Western Conference finals if they would have beat the Lakers in the play in game.

The Wolves will be one of the favorites to win it all once the playoffs start. Get over your Minnesota insecurities.

Get over your ..insecurities.

You telling everybody else to get over their insecurities. Now THAT is funny. :LOL:

Let's see, first talk about last night's game as the only game people are talking about and then pivot to the mediocre record over that last 4-5 weeks as being routine in all sports.

All because you are terrified of admitting that they could use some shooting and ballhandlng help for the bench? Seriously. How thin skinned can you be?

Does that moronic, pardon me, idiotic stuff, work on the Politics and Current Events Board? Or over there do you just type Biden or Trump instead of Finch and everybody genuflects in your direction?

You telling everybody else to get over their insecurities. Now THAT is funny. :LOL:

Let's see, first talk about last night's game as the only game people are talking about and then pivot to the mediocre record over that last 4-5 weeks as being routine in all sports.

All because you are terrified of admitting that they could use some shooting and ballhandlng help for the bench? Seriously. How thin skinned can you be?

Does that moronic, pardon me, idiotic stuff, work on the Politics and Current Events Board? Or over there do you just type Biden or Trump instead of Finch and everybody genuflects in your direction?

Lol I think you need to take another long sabbatical from this board.

And why am I terrified about admitting they could using some ball handling and shooting to help the bench? If they do it, do you think I'm going to be mad? If they are concerned about Conley for the rest of the season, they should do it, but it needs to be another similar pass first PG like Conley.

But the Wolves just beat the 2nd best team in the West on the road without Conley too.

You guys continue to be focused on the Wolves flaws, when every other team has flaws too. The Wolves also have strengths that no one else in the league has. And that's why they'll be just fine come playoff time.

@Slim Tubby literally said many people think this last night on the previous page.
I didn't see that.... I saw the pessimism post which I get being a ticket holder for many years. I won't speak for him though.

I will say this one last time. It should be considered a criminal act if the Wolves don't take advantage of being in the vaulted position of being able to be buyers. We have rarely seen this. Get a shooter or a ball handler. Toss a few 2nd rounders around if needed. Trade anyone who barely plays. Just do it. Standing pat is criminal.

Lol I think you need to take another long sabbatical from this board.

And why am I terrified about admitting they could using some ball handling and shooting to help the bench? ..

The sabbatical line again huh? For a troll you seem to have no imagination at all. :p

"Hey guys! I told him he needed a sabbatical again. Ain't I clever?" Even Mpls shows more imagination than you do.

Good. You believe they need a ball handler/shooter for the bench. Anybody who has watched the NBA for years now knows that you can't plan on not getting any injuries or into any foul trouble throughout the playoffs.

Sorry you weren't able to come out and say it pages back.

@Slim Tubby literally said many people think this last night on the previous page.
A contender to do what? Make the playoffs? Get the #1 Seed and home court advantage in the West? Win a playoff series? Make the WC Finals? Make the NBA Finals? Or should we be striving to actually win a Title?

There are many people that don't believe this team is a true contender for an NBA Title. Lack of previous playoff success, ballhandling, bench depth and outside shooting have all been mentioned. Whether it's Charles Barkley, Shaq or numerous other NBA media sources, these weaknesses have been identified as their concerns.

We're all excited by what they have accomplished thus far but to suggest nothing proactive needs to be done to further strengthen our chances is short-sided. How many opportunities like this have we had in our franchise history? Maybe you'll be satisfied with a win in the First Round of the playoffs but adding other pieces to bolster their roster is something every well run team in the league is constantly doing.

The Wolves are 2-3 (.400) this season without Mike Conley and that includes losses against garbage teams (CHA & SAS) and a win against an equally pathetic WAS. They are 32-11 (.744) with him. This isn't rocket science or being dissatisfied...we have very definitive weakness that should be addressed.

A contender to do what? Make the playoffs? Get the #1 Seed and home court advantage in the West? Win a playoff series? Make the WC Finals? Make the NBA Finals? Or should we be striving to actually win a Title?

There are many people that don't believe this team is a true contender for an NBA Title. Lack of previous playoff success, ballhandling, bench depth and outside shooting have all been mentioned. Whether it's Charles Barkley, Shaq or numerous other NBA media sources, these weaknesses have been identified as their concerns.

We're all excited by what they have accomplished thus far but to suggest nothing proactive needs to be done to further strengthen our chances is short-sided. How many opportunities like this have we had in our franchise history? Maybe you'll be satisfied with a win in the First Round of the playoffs but adding other pieces to bolster their roster is something every well run team in the league is constantly doing.

The Wolves are 2-3 (.400) this season without Mike Conley and that includes losses against garbage teams (CHA & SAS) and a win against an equally pathetic WAS. They are 32-11 (.744) with him. This isn't rocket science or being dissatisfied...we have very definitive weakness that should be addressed.

And the 'many people who don't think this team is a true contender for a NBA title' is exactly who I am talking about. Thinking that is absurd.

Conley has been beat up a little, he's getting old, but obviously he's fine otherwise he wouldn't have played against a scrub Dallas team last night. 32-11 with Conley, and missing other pieces at times, and they're not a NBA Title contender? A few bad games in the middle of the season aren't changing my opinion, every team goes through it.

To you and the others, the Wolves are a NBA title contender without making a move? Yes or no?

My answer is yes.

And the 'many people who don't think this team is a true contender for a NBA title' is exactly who I am talking about. Thinking that is absurd.

Conley has been beat up a little, he's getting old, but obviously he's fine otherwise he wouldn't have played against a scrub Dallas team last night. 32-11 with Conley, and missing other pieces at times, and they're not a NBA Title contender? A few bad games in the middle of the season aren't changing my opinion, every team goes through it.

To you and the others, the Wolves are a NBA title contender without making a move? Yes or no?

My answer is yes.
HELL NO

Just so I am clear........HELL NO!

I see Rudy is a game time decision. What’s going on with him?

Edit; ankle sprain

Last edited:

Anthony Edwards left the court grabbing his right knee. He back in the game.

Last edited:

A fourth quarter collapse where we can't stop anyone and can't score..............HMM

Will Ant ever figure it out?

Last edited:

Ant being incredibly immature way too often.
Jaden being Jaden.....at the end he fouls with 3 seconds on the shot clock in between the turnovers and misses.

Conley has been horrible lately........1-9 tonight.

Ant with the horrific fourth quarter.

Yet, the game was right there.

MAKE A TRADE FOR SOME OFFENSE!

Who thought the Gophers would be better at finishing games than the Wolves right now?

I am not a hard-core Wolves fan. I watch parts of games. so take this for what it's worth.

I have a hard time seeing this group win a 7-game series against a tough opponent. just too many late-game breakdowns. to be sure, I think the raw talent is there to make a playoff run - but outside of Conley and Gobert, I don't think the maturity or the court sense is there.

Imagine it's game 6 or game 7 of a playoff series, and a call goes against KAT or Ant? they go into a mental melt-down while the other team runs off a quick 10 points - and that's the game.

to be blunt - I think there are too many players in this group that think about themselves 1st and the team 2nd. that is not a formula for a title run.

I did see a tweet the other day that the Wolves have allegedly tried to trade for Tyus Jones. If they could land a legitimate PG, that would improve my opinion of their playoff chances.

Jaden being Jaden.....at the end he fouls with 3 seconds on the shot clock in between the turnovers and misses.

Conley has been horrible lately........1-9 tonight.

Ant with the horrific fourth quarter.

Yet, the game was right there.

MAKE A TRADE FOR SOME OFFENSE!
Conely has got to be getting worn down. Everyone ragged on Thibs for his minutes, turns out finch is the same guy.

Conely has got to be getting worn down. Everyone ragged on Thibs for his minutes, turns out finch is the same guy.
Is he getting worn down, or is he just old?

I think it's sort of natural.

Conley is another who can run the offense but isn't made for scoring in the 4th quarter.

It's why I want another point guard.

Top Bottom