All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

You can turn the gophers losing the last 4 games in the Big 10 into a massive love fest.

I just don't have your skill.

Oh, and 2 for 8 and 1 rebound is impossible.

How about their 24-8 record?

How about their 24-8 record?
I said nothing about that. Love the 24-8 record.

I was talking McDaniels and his horrible attitude and play. The sensitivity is astonishing sometimes.

I said nothing about that. Love the 24-8 record.

I was talking McDaniels and his horrible attitude and play. The sensitivity is astonishing sometimes.

Not as astonishing as your constant whining. You'd think the Wolves were 8-24 not the other way around. You very seldom watch any of the games but you scour the Box Scores to find something to whine about.😆

We're all aware of that you haven't mentioned the record. Why would you? Think that's what Gopher in NYC was getting at too. You seem to only come out to bitch about something, but remain silent when the Wolves win.

Except of course to complain about how all the Wolves players didn't live up to your standards.

It's your right to post what you want but when someone points out your constant whining you usually complain about the sensitivity of the people pointing it out.

You're amazingly sensitive aren't you?😇

Last edited:

Not as astonishing as your constant whining. You'd think the Wolves were 8-24 not the other way around. You very seldom watch any of the games but you scour the Box Scores to find something to whine about.😆

We're all aware of that you haven't mentioned the record. Why would you? Think that's what Gopher in NYC was getting at too. You seem to only come out to bitch about something, but remain silent when the Wolves win.

Except of course to complain about how all the Wolves players didn't live up to your standards.

It's your right to post what you want but when someone points out your constant whining you usually complain about the sensitivity of the people pointing it out.

You're amazingly sensitive aren't you?😇
Where was my last whine outside of McDaniels?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I whined about one player. His name is Jaden McDaniels. He's playing like azz.

Where was my last whine outside of McDaniels?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I whined about one player. His name is Jaden McDaniels. He's playing like azz.
My biggest whine is playing Kyle at the 3

Wolves host the Pelicans tonight. N.O. coming in with a 4 game winning streak. Would like to see McLaughlin get more playing time myself.

New Orleans will play on short rest after cruising to a 112-85 home win against the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday night. Seven players scored in double figures for the Pelicans, led by veteran guard CJ McCollum with 16 points on 6-of-11 shooting.

The Pelicans have won eight of 11 games since Dec. 11.

“It starts with our defense,” New Orleans coach Willie Green said. “When we can get stops and rebound, that’s our best basketball.”

Defense also has been key to the Timberwolves’ success during the first few months of the season. Minnesota is allowing 107.5 points per game, which is the fewest in the NBA.

The Timberwolves are looking to bounce back from a 112-106 road loss against the New York Knicks on New Year’s Day. Minnesota’s Anthony Edwards scored 35 points on 11-of-21 shooting, and Karl-Anthony Towns finished with 29 points in a losing effort.

“We were flat in the first half,” Timberwolves coach Chris Finch said. “I don’t know what it was. We didn’t have our best game. Didn’t have our ‘A’ game. But I was pleased that we fought back into the game even when we got down big..

Minnesota’s Jordan McLaughlin played a total of eight minutes in the previous three contests against New Orleans, but he could see more playing time on Wednesday night. McLaughlin helped spark a 12-0 run on Monday en route to scoring a season-high nine points. He has drawn praise from coaches and teammates for his contributions off the bench.

The 27-year-old from the University of Southern California has appeared in 198 games over parts of five seasons with Minnesota.

“He’s now played in three of the last handful of games, and every single time he’s come in and had a super positive impact,” Finch said. “We still believe (that ninth player in the rotation) could be situational, but if somebody comes in and takes it, then somebody comes and takes it. And it looks like ‘J-Mac’ is on his way to doing that right now.”..

Wolves down by 13 to Pelicans at the half.

They have limited their turnovers and only Gobert has 3 fouls. That said they are being heavily out rebounded by N.O. and being outshot by them too. Looks like the Wolves are finally gonna lose 2 in a row.

Last edited:

Wolves down by 13 to Pelicans at the half.

They have kept limited their turnovers and only Gobert has 3 fouls. That said they are being heavily out rebounded by N.O. and being outshot by them too. Looks like the Wolves are finally gonna lost 2 in a row.
Gotta do better than 5-16 from three, and getting doubled up on rebounds 11-22.

Jaden.....always doing stupid schit

10 points per game, 2 rebounds per game, 1 assist per game

Plays good defense, but is always fouling and getting bullied

28 million per season for this.

I'm not sold.
Not one rebound tonight, NOT ONE!

I know, 24-9

The Timberwolves don’t look like the same lean, mean machine over the past week and a half. They’re 2-3 in the five games played after Christmas. In that time, their defense has slipped and their offense has been especially sloppy.

The slippage culminated in a loss Wednesday against New Orleans in which Minnesota wasn’t competitive en route to suffering consecutive losses for the first time all season.

“We gotta get our desperation back. That’s the first goal. I think we gotta play better. We haven’t played with a lot of pop or purpose since we went to Sacramento. We’ve kinda been maybe in second gear since then,” Wolves coach Chris Finch said. “So this performance had been coming for a while in that sense that we just hadn’t been very sharp. There’s gonna be lots of waves of adversity. There’s adversity in the game, there’s adversity in the season, and this is just another one.

“But we gotta fix it. We gotta get our physicality back, gotta get our defense back, we gotta get our identity back — which is being more physical, being bigger.”..

“When you get a little success, sometimes you forget what got you there. You get complimented from everybody, but it can soften you up a little bit,” Wolves center Rudy Gobert said. “When you get smacked, when you lose, it does the opposite. It’s on us, win or lose, to be able to learn that we have to bring that every night if you want to be the best team that we can be.”

Conley noted the Wolves have received
“a lot of positive press” over the past month. Not only can that make the Wolves complacent, it can also paint a target on their backs. No longer are they always the ones with something to prove, but opponents are coming in every night trying to make a statement against the team atop the standings.

“They want to see what we’re made of. They want to see who we are. And we can’t let all that positivity on things we’ve had go our way the last couple of months make us complacent,” Conley said. “Because what got us here was the fact that we weren’t seen as the No. 1 team. We’re a team with an underdog mentality, go out there and fight every night and do what we do. We’ve got to grab onto that and find that again..

Just saw on PTI, that OKC has 15 first round draft picks over the next 7 years 😳

My gut tells me our 3rd loss in a row tonight. Too many turnovers, poor shooting and overall lack of urgency. I hope they prove me wrong but HOU can bring the lumber on defense.

Might be the biggest win of the year to stop the skid. And they did it in blowout fashion.

25-9 Wolves beat the 17-16 Rockets 122-95. Wolves not only outscored Houston, they outshot and out rebounded them. Had 31 assists to the Rockets 18.

Edwards had 24pts and 5 assists, Towns had 22, 8 RB and 6 assists, McDaniels and Reid both had 16 pts and Gobert had 13pts, 12 RB, 2 steals, 2 blocks and a single turnover.

Rockets may be a force...down the road. They have little depth, and Eason and Dickhead Dilon Brooks are out. Good game to get back on track. McDaniels can earn his money by getting back to clamping down on Luka and those of his ilk.

No matter what else happened through the season, the Rockets competed. They have struggled at times offensively. They even had some poor defensive nights. But they fought.
On Friday, they got off to a fast and misleadingly easy start. The Timberwolves pushed back. The Rockets crumbled.

Whether they faded into a sulk when they could not make the shots that had fallen early on Friday and for several weeks, or if they could not stand up to a bigger, stronger team, the Rockets did little to get in the Timberwolves’ way as Minnesota rolled to a 33-point lead and a 122-95 win at Toyota Center.

The Timberwolves played as if determined to break a 10-game losing streak, rather than the season-long two-game skid they brought to town. The Rockets played as if they did not know they could hit back.

“I think they bullied us,” Rockets coach Ime Udoka said. “May not have anything to do with our offense, but I thought it was our worst game from a standpoint of matching physicality and competitiveness and toughness.”
The Rockets started well, making 7 of their first 10 shots against the top defense in the NBA. But when those shots began missing, the energy and intensity slipped, and then disappeared.

“We weren’t giving a lot of effort on defense,” Rockets guard Jalen Green said. “Coach said it too at halftime, that we were letting offense affect our defense. Yeah, that’s what was going on.”
The Rockets went from making 50% of their shots in the first quarter to 31.8% in the second quarter. But it was not until the second half that they were most unable to match the Timberwolves’ energy and physicality..

No matter what else happened through the season, the Rockets competed. They have struggled at times offensively. They even had some poor defensive nights. But they fought.
On Friday, they got off to a fast and misleadingly easy start. The Timberwolves pushed back. The Rockets crumbled.

Whether they faded into a sulk when they could not make the shots that had fallen early on Friday and for several weeks, or if they could not stand up to a bigger, stronger team, the Rockets did little to get in the Timberwolves’ way as Minnesota rolled to a 33-point lead and a 122-95 win at Toyota Center.

The Timberwolves played as if determined to break a 10-game losing streak, rather than the season-long two-game skid they brought to town. The Rockets played as if they did not know they could hit back.

“I think they bullied us,” Rockets coach Ime Udoka said. “May not have anything to do with our offense, but I thought it was our worst game from a standpoint of matching physicality and competitiveness and toughness.”
The Rockets started well, making 7 of their first 10 shots against the top defense in the NBA. But when those shots began missing, the energy and intensity slipped, and then disappeared.

“We weren’t giving a lot of effort on defense,” Rockets guard Jalen Green said. “Coach said it too at halftime, that we were letting offense affect our defense. Yeah, that’s what was going on.”
The Rockets went from making 50% of their shots in the first quarter to 31.8% in the second quarter. But it was not until the second half that they were most unable to match the Timberwolves’ energy and physicality..

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Bully them. I felt the increased physical play has been the biggest improvement from last season. Seems to have disappeared a bit lately until last night.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Bully them. I felt the increased physical play has been the biggest improvement from last season. Seems to have disappeared a bit lately until last night.

Yep, that's how they should play. Irritating thing is playing that way is so dependent on the refs. When they call it close or even worse when it's one-sided the other way, the Wolves can't play that way. They drive to the hoop and get fouled? Nothing is called but it is on the other end. And they don't have enough 3-pt shooters to get them out of trouble.

Afraid that unless they get a good 3pt shooter or they play very well on their nationally televised games that's not gonna change.

Top Bottom