All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Rockets may be a force...down the road. They have little depth, and Eason and Dickhead Dilon Brooks are out. Good game to get back on track. McDaniels can earn his money by getting back to clamping down on Luka and those of his ilk.

You might be right. They beat 2 bad teams right before playing the Wolves. Then last night they beat the Buck 112-108. A Bucks team with Giannis, Lillard, Lopez and Middleton all playing.

Wolves are down in Dallas tonight.

With 3:36 left in the 3rd Quarter the Mavericks got their 1st team foul of the quarter.

Towns and Gobert, with 4 calls and Edwards with 3 were on the bench for the Wolves. It's now 91-82 Dallas after 3. Towns has been on the court for 15 minutes. Gobert for 23. Doncic for 31.

Looks like it's gonna be a win for Dallas.

Wolves lose to Dallas in Dallas 115-108. They actually had a 104-100 lead with 4 minutes left. They out rebounded the Mavericks, but Dallas out shot them.

McDaniels was awful. Towns was very good but spent too much time on the bench with fouls. He played 27 minutes to 39 for both Irving and Luka.

Wolves lose to Dallas in Dallas 115-108. They actually had a 104-100 lead with 4 minutes left. They out rebounded the Mavericks, but Dallas out shot them.

McDaniels was awful. Towns was very good but spent too much time on the bench with fouls. He played 27 minutes to 39 for both Irving and Luka.

McDaniels was 1-10 with 2 boards in 37 minutes

Is this guy hurt, because he's been brutal all year long.

He is killing the wolves.

Last edited:

McDaniels was 1-10 with 2 boards in 37 minutes

Is this guy hurt, because he's been brutal all year long.

He is killing the wolves.

Tonight he had help doing that from McLaughlin, Alexander-Walker and for a couple of quarters at least, the refs.

Tonight he had help doing that from McLaughlin, Alexander-Walker and for a couple of quarters at least, the refs.
McLaughlin and Walker are backups and not much and never will be. They both played 13 minutes.

We signed McDaniels to a monster contract. It's going to average 28 million a year.

I think this was a massive mistake. What the hell is going on?

Last edited:

We signed McDaniels to a monster contract. It's going to average 28 million a year.

I think this was a massive mistake. What the hell is going on?
Really? You haven't mentioned that before.

What did you think of the way the refs called the game?

Really? You haven't mentioned that before.

What did you think of the way the refs called the game?
Yep, I think I mention it after almost every single game.

He's killing the wolves.

25-10, though

Did not know this. Still, as posted earlier, thought they had lost it in the 3rd Quarter.

But put the Wolves in clutch situations — the score within five points over the final five minutes of the game — and all of those numbers skyrocket. The Wolves’ 11-3 record in those situations is the best in the NBA with a winning percentage of .786. Their defensive rating sinks to 101.0, though that ranks sixth in the league in the clutch. They are second in rebounding percentage (.558), second in effective field-goal percentage (.613), third in field-goal percentage (.521) and 11th in offensive rating (117.2). Even their turnover percentage improves slightly to 15.2, good for 25th in the clutch.

When the Timberwolves lost the lead late and fell to the Mavericks, it snapped a streak of 25 straight games in which the Wolves had won when leading in the fourth, an astounding run in a league geared toward offense to such a degree that deficits can disappear in the blink of an eye.

“Normally we’ve been winning those games, but today we didn’t,” coach Chris Finch said.

While fans expressed frustration at Towns’ shot selection, Gobert’s turnovers and Edwards’ lack of involvement late, the players seemed more bewildered that they let this one get away. They trailed by nine points heading into the fourth and still had not cut into that deficit in the first three minutes of the period. But then Towns and Edwards orchestrated a 19-4 run to surge in front.

The two stars scored all 19 of the points, hitting 7 of 9 shots, including four 3s to stun the crowd. Towns was 3 of 5, with two 3s and a three-point play in the run..

(REDACTED),:LOL: who was 1 of 10 on the night, missed a 3. Towns missed two 3s, at least one of which felt a little rushed, and Gobert committed two costly turnovers during a 15-2 closing run by the Mavericks.

The first one came with the score tied at 106. Towns got a great block on Irving at the rim and McDaniels played terrific defense on Irving to force a stop when Gobert grabbed the ball under the rim. But Irving sneaked up on Gobert and ripped the ball out of his hands and finished the possession with a corner 3 for a 109-106 Dallas lead..

Last edited:

The treacherous portion of the Timberwolves’ schedule continues Tuesday, as Minnesota travels to Orlando, Fla., to face the resurgent Magic.

Orlando features a bevy of young star players, ranging from Paolo Banchero to Franz Wagner to … Jalen Suggs.

The St. Paul product’s emergence into that core is a positive turn in Year 3 of the 22-year-old guard’s career.

The first two years of Suggs’ career, after the guard was selected No. 5 overall in the 2021 draft, were marred by injuries and inconsistency..

You should watch the games themselves Box Score.
I watch most all the games.

Does 1-10 and 2 boards in 37 minutes look better watching it, or just reading the box score.

It sucks either way, my friend.

I watch most all the games.

Does 1-10 and 2 boards in 37 minutes look better watching it, or just reading the box score.

It sucks either way, my friend.

Then what did you think about how the refs called the game in the 1st half and into the 3rd Quarter? And why do you keep ignoring the question?

Then what did you think about how the refs called the game in the 1st half and into the 3rd Quarter? And why do you keep ignoring the question?
I guess I didn't notice. Minnesota had 22 fouls for the game and Dallas had 19

I don't know if you notice, but when the other teams stars just go off on us......we tend to foul. I noticed Luka and Kyrie taking it the paint all game.

What did I miss?

I guess I didn't notice. Minnesota had 22 fouls for the game and Dallas had 19

I don't know if you notice, but when the other teams stars just go off on us......we tend to foul. I noticed Luka and Kyrie taking it the paint all game.

What did I miss?

It's okay Box Score, it's okay.:)

Blowout at the half and Ant has barely played..........he can rest some, get the starters out and play the bench.

The only negative is I think Minnott and Miller were sent down.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- — Karl-Anthony Towns scored 23 of his 28 points in the first half and the Minnesota Timberwolves led from start to finish Tuesday night in a 113-92 win over the Orlando Magic.

Rudy Gobert had 21 points and 12 rebounds and the Western Conference-leading Timberwolves (26-10) won easily despite getting only six points and three assists from leading scorer Anthony Edwards.

Moritz Wagner led the Magic (21-16) with 21 points and seven rebounds. Jalen Suggs had 20 points and five rebounds and Paolo Banchero had 18 points on 8 for 22 shooting.

Towns made all five of his 3-points shots and finished with six rebounds and five assists.

Edwards, who came into the game averaging 26.8 points per game, was called for his third foul early in the second quarter and played only eight minutes in the first half. He took only seven shots and did not score in double figures for the first time this season.

Jaden McDaniels had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Timberwolves, who shot 54% for the game.

Towns dunked on Wagner and they called timeout. Our whole bench got up and was pointing at Wagner. What was up with that? Was he running his mouth?

Towns dunked on Wagner and they called timeout. Our whole bench got up and was pointing at Wagner. What was up with that? Was he running his mouth?

I didn't get that. Didn't hear an explanation for it either.

What about McDaniels' night?

McDaniels had a damn good night. that should happen most every night.

Don't expect many Wolves to have a good game tomorrow night. They fly to Boston to play the Celtics, the team with the rest record in the NBA. Who had the night off tonight.

Hopefully Edwards, who's foul trouble tonight limited him to only 26 minutes, will have great night.

Otherwise that brutal 16 game stretch will end with a 9-7 record rather than 10-6.

Don't expect many Wolves to have a good game tomorrow night. They fly to Boston to play the Celtics, the team with the rest record in the NBA. Who had the night off tonight.

Hopefully Edwards, who's foul trouble tonight limited him to only 26 minutes, will have great night.

Otherwise that brutal 16 game stretch will end with a 9-7 record rather than 10-6.
Plus, weather problems had them staying in Orlando on Tuesday, flying out on game day instead.

Top Bottom