All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Disagree. I'm impressed by how often they are right, especially when having to make or not make split second calls on the best athletes in the world. They are no worse than fat umpires calling balls and strikes from a thirty degree angle and sixty year old refs trying to keep up with NFL players on a large field.

NBA refs are very easily criticized but I think they get it right more often than their peers in other sports.

Having said that.....

The wall between gambling and pro sports has completely disappeared. Officials in all of the major sports are the weak link because they make far less than the players while heavily impacting the games. Are our games clean?

In my mind would help immensely if nba officials would slide intentionally around the court to improve their line of sight. As is they stand like statues

Last night there was a play where a sixer player drove the lane and obviously kicked the ball out of bounds. However the refs gave the ball to Philly. Wolves challenged and the call was quickly reversed, but jim Pete marveled how all three officials could miss that. There was no Wolves player close to the ball.

See this repeat too often imo. Maybe we watch different games. 🙂

Last edited:

In my mind would help immensely if nba officials would slide intentionally around the court to improve their line of sight. As is they stand like statues

Last night there was a play where a sixer player drove the lane and obviously kicked the ball out of bounds. However the refs gave the ball to Philly. Wolves challenged and the call was quickly reversed, but jim Pete marveled how all three officials could miss that. There was no Wolves player close to the ball.

See this repeat too often imo. Maybe we watch different games. 🙂
Didn't say they were perfect. They definitely miss calls and the less experienced ones can lose their composure.

Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis played on while teammate LeBron James didn't in the Timberwolves' 118-111 victory before 18,024 fans Thursday night at Target Center.

The Wolves trailed very early and led late after they turned a four-point lead after three quarters into a seven-point victory.

The Wolves led by as many as 11 points with as little as 4:38 remaining on a night when Anthony Edwards scored 27 points and had seven rebounds and five assists.

Karl-Anthony Towns had 21 points and six rebounds while fellow starters Jaden McDaniels, Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley all scored in double figures, too.

The Wolves have won 10 of their past 12 games and are now 12-1 at home this season..

Prince went 2-for-2 on threes before halftime, making yet another desperate one just before half's end. He offered another gesture toward the sellout crowd before his Lakers went into intermission trailing just 63-59 after the Wolves had led by as many as nine points.

"We loved him," Finch said. "He was so professional. He was really good with a young crew. He had great insight in the film room, brought energy positively, connected with the guys. He and Ant [Edwards] had a great relationship when Ant first got here, a good vet for him.

"It was a tough one to see him go because he was really great. When things first started to get around here, he was instrumental in that second unit's identity. He took pride in that and that was important for us."

That was a very losable game. As we've said 8-10 times this year, playing only well enough to win is an important progression from last year's playing just well enough to lose.

I don't miss DLo a bit.
Conely had a couple of late plays that DLO doesnt make. Im not sure conelys presence on this team is given enough credit

KAT getting rid of all the silliness is an amazing revelation this season. Whoever told me he would and be a much better player on this board and I doubted you I apologize. Do you also happen to know the lottery numbers for Saturdays drawing?

KAT getting rid of all the silliness is an amazing revelation this season. Whoever told me he would and be a much better player on this board and I doubted you I apologize. Do you also happen to know the lottery numbers for Saturdays drawing?
I doubted him.

What a win! Without KAT and we get a huge road win!!
ANT: 34/10/5
Gobert: 21/17
Conley: 12/9/7

McDaniels amazing D down the stretch.

Howl Wolves!!

Starting this tough 16 game stretch I bet my son 20 bucks that Wolves wouldn't go 8-8. Now 5-2. Not looking good for me.
Money isnt a big deal, it's the bragging rights. And I'm unfortunately going to have to listen to a lot of bragging for some time. 🙄

I may be suffering from a mild cognitive impairment because I can’t remember if I mentioned that this is a fk’n marvelous basketball team.

Yep on a night when Towns didn't play and the bench, Brown, Reid, McLaughlin, Milton and Alexander-Walker gave the team a grand total of 13 points, the starting 5 gave the Wolves a 110-98 victory out in Sacramento.

Starting this tough 16 game stretch I bet my son 20 bucks that Wolves wouldn't go 8-8. Now 5-2. Not looking good for me.
Money isnt a big deal, it's the bragging rights. And I'm unfortunately going to have to listen to a lot of bragging for some time. 🙄
Ah, the prodigal son 😇

So does 🐜 have a chance to be MVP if the Wolves win the West?

I’m assuming All-NBA will happen barring an injury or a colossal collapse.

Last edited:

So does 🐜 have a chance to be MVP if the Wolves win the West?

I’m assuming All-NBA Wii happen barring an injury or a colossal collapse.

He should. Watch and see if the Wolves get a few more national broadcasts. Then if everybody stays healthy and they play well in those games, Edwards will really have a good chance at MVP IMHO at least.

Oddly, for a team tied for the best record in the NBA, they've looked badly in a couple of them.

The MVP is probably Embiid's to lose at this point.
While he's a lock to be an All Star, I wouldn't be surprised if Edward's only makes the team as a reserve.

While he's a lock to be an All Star, I wouldn't be surprised if Edward's only makes the team as a reserve.

Ant and/or Karl should have a shot at 2nd team all NBA. Going to be hard to argue with Doncic, Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Embiid as first team (Although SGA staking a claim.)

Last edited:

He should. Watch and see if the Wolves get a few more national broadcasts. Then if everybody stays healthy and they play well in those games, Edwards will really have a good chance at MVP IMHO at least.

Oddly, for a team tied for the best record in the NBA, they've looked badly in a couple of them.
I’m hoping for the national telecasts, so I can see all the commotion for myself and erase those nightmares from my salad days.

It would be cool for him to get the spotlight he deserves.

Yeah, this is going to be a little rough. After each of the 5 wins he has called and I have had to listen to him discuss how he is going to spend the 20 bucks.
A sack of two thousand pennies and you’ll get the last laugh.
A magnanimous winner he will not be.
A parents’ job is never done.
I really thought it was a slam dunk bet in my favor.
I think most people did, as the NBA’s Christmas schedule attests to.

That's probably true. Though even if Edwards was being touted coast-to-coast and averaged 36-10-5 the rest of the way all true Minnesotans would be saying that he didn't deserve it.;)

Timberwolves (22-6) are down in Oklahoma tonight to face the Thunder (18-9). Towns for the Wolves and Giddey and Wiliams are all game time decisions.

One other note. Last night Miami, without Jimmy Butler, beat Philadelphia, without Embiid. Couple of real warriors huh?

Timberwolves (22-6) are down in Oklahoma tonight to face the Thunder (18-9). Towns for the Wolves and Giddey and Wiliams are all game time decisions.

One other note. Last night Miami, without Jimmy Butler, beat Philadelphia, without Embiid. Couple of real warriors huh?

All three players are playing tonight. They are all starting too.

Thunder a step ahead of us all night. Credit to them. No shame in losing to that team, hopefully lessons learned that will make us better.

Top Bottom