All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

That last play the cowboys ran should automatically eliminate Kellen Moore from the head coach discussion. That was bizarre.
That was inexplicable. The Cowboys have to perpetually be the most over-hyped team in the NFL with little substance. I laughed at that penalty during the last SF drive by Randy Gregory. You have an unreliable dude like that playing on your team, I can’t say you should be surprised when he makes an absolute bone-headed mistake.

Last edited:

That was inexplicable. The Cowboys have to perpetually be the most over-hyped team in the NFL with little substance. I laughed at that penalty during the last SF drive by Randy Gregory. You have an unreliable dude like that playing on your team, I can’t say you should be surprised when he makes an absolute bone-headed mistake.
Something else that was weird......They never showed Jerry in his suite at the end. I'm stunned.

Trevon Diggs has to be the most overrated player in the league. He leads the league in INT but is average in just about every other area. He actually gave up the most yards of any CB this year.

It sounds like the Vikings requested to talk to Kellen Moore, Todd Bowles, Leslie Frazier, and Jonathon Gannon.

Frazier and Bowles meet the Rooney rule requirements. Frazier is a token interview, right? No way they bring him back.

Any other people confirmed?
Interviewing Frazier is a joke. 0% chance he's hired. He doesn't need "interview experience."

Trevon Diggs has to be the most overrated player in the league. He leads the league in INT but is average in just about every other area. He actually gave up the most yards of any CB this year.
Jerry Jones has the distinct ability to find the guys that are the easiest to root against.

Since they won the SB in 1995, in the past 26 seasons they’ve won 4 wildcard playoff games, and nothing past the wildcard round.

Pretty lousy weekend of football overall. The expansion to 7 teams stinks, neither conference's last team in had any business being in the tournament. Heck, Philly dumped Pedersen, traded Wentz and Ertz and still stumbled in, though no doubt they are better off at QB going forward.

Any word on if the Vikings are actually going to interview Catherine Raiche? I read a little bit about her yesterday and she seems quite impressive. Can't imagine that a member of the old boys club NFL would hire a 33 year old woman to run their team. It would be a gutsy move.

That last play the cowboys ran should automatically eliminate Kellen Moore from the head coach discussion. That was bizarre.
I get the basic idea: everyone in the stadium thinks you're going to take two shots at the Hail Mary from 41. So run a QB draw, get a chunk of yards, stop the clock, and get 1, more realistic, shot at a closer distance.

It was just a completely bungled execution. Dak needed to hand the ball to a ref, not his center, like they said on TV. If he had slide down like 5 yards earlier, that probably would've given them the extra second, as well.

Felt bad for the umpire. Sprinted his ass off from like 30 yards behind the play and nearly knocked Dak over, trying to get at the ball to touch it and get out of the way.

I love cowboys fans. Although, to be fair, I wanted to do this after the Iowa game.

I get the basic idea: everyone in the stadium thinks you're going to take two shots at the Hail Mary from 41. So run a QB draw, get a chunk of yards, stop the clock, and get 1, more realistic, shot at a closer distance.

It was just a completely bungled execution. Dak needed to hand the ball to a ref, not his center, like they said on TV. If he had slide down like 5 yards earlier, that probably would've given them the extra second, as well.

Felt bad for the umpire. Sprinted his ass off from like 30 yards behind the play and nearly knocked Dak over, trying to get at the ball to touch it and get out of the way.
The problem is that play only works if excecution is run at 100%. Anything less than that, and your season is over. During the regular season, fine. But if your season hangs in the balance, just too risky. They needed another 3 seconds or so on the clock to make it a viable call. Throw a quick out to the sideline to get closer or throw two bombs in the end zone and hope for a catch or a penalty.

Any word on if the Vikings are actually going to interview Catherine Raiche? I read a little bit about her yesterday and she seems quite impressive. Can't imagine that a member of the old boys club NFL would hire a 33 year old woman to run their team. It would be a gutsy move.
Maybe the Vikings version of Brad Pitt in "Moneyball"?????

Guessing he would rather take over Jacksonville?
Why? Because he played QB there? The organization is mostly a mess. Yes they have Trevor Lawrence, but I'd still rather coach the Vikings, easily.

Regardless of gender, I'm not sure I want to hire a 33 year-old who's worked in the NFL less than 5 years to be GM. Would Assistant GM be a promotion from her current position?

Regardless of gender, I'm not sure I want to hire a 33 year-old who's worked in the NFL less than 5 years to be GM. Would Assistant GM be a promotion from her current position?
She's more qualified to be a GM than Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones were when they appointed themselves as GM.

I can't support Moore for HC in any fashion at all. Just too inexperienced, hasn't exactly worked under rock star HC's previously, and honestly Dak is still barely a middle of the pack QB. He could use another handful of years before he's ready.

I can't support Moore for HC in any fashion at all. Just too inexperienced, hasn't exactly worked under rock star HC's previously, and honestly Dak is still barely a middle of the pack QB. He could use another handful of years before he's ready.

Moore was at the top of my list but that has changed due to many of the things you mentioned. The Cowboys also have a ton of talent on offense, but play so undisciplined. That ultimately falls on the HC, but the coordinators also play a role.

I think Brian Daboll is now the coordinator that I want the most.

Why? Because he played QB there? The organization is mostly a mess. Yes they have Trevor Lawrence, but I'd still rather coach the Vikings, easily.
Yeah, he has pretty strong ties to the area. They are kind of a blank slate in terms building your own thing. They likely have more reasonable expectations. Not paying the state income tax is nice and they don't have an absolute conundrum at the QB position.

MN is a good job but I think for Leftwich, Jacksonville is better.

Moore was at the top of my list but that has changed due to many of the things you mentioned. The Cowboys also have a ton of talent on offense, but play so undisciplined. That ultimately falls on the HC, but the coordinators also play a role.

I think Brian Daboll is now the coordinator that I want the most.
Leftwich is mine. Neither he or Daboll is on the list as of now....

Top Bottom