All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Then he went 6 for 12 for 43 yards with no Touchdowns an 1 interception in the first half. Not sure how the 7 sacks for -34 yards broke down, The differences between the halves were unreal and certainly reflected in the score.

Fan fact....sacks count as negative rushing yards for a QB in the NCAA.....but not in the NFL. I believe the NFL has this one right.

Fan fact....sacks count as negative rushing yards for a QB in the NCAA.....but not in the NFL. I believe the NFL has this one right.

The question was how the sacks broke down by halves. Not where the yardage went.

You got the answer to that fun fact?

In all that the refs did a wonderful job of explaining what happened and yet didn’t explain why it happened. Why did you possibly think a player struggling for yards had his forward progress stopped. Why did you miss a clear fumble in what was not even that large of a pile. How in Buffalo Minnesota game can the refs see a fumbled snap amongst 10 bodies and yet on this play with like 5 people around the ball you can’t see a clear fumble.

Souhan: Kirk Cousins makes NFL history and breaks his mold in Vikings comeback victory

In one epic afternoon, Kirk Cousins won his first division title, threw for a career-high passing yards, hand-crafted the biggest comeback in NFL history and set a record for the gaudiest jacket ever worn by a guy who thinks that khaki is a little too risque for public display.

"My wife dresses me," he said. "She put it out last night and I looked at her and said, 'I don't know.'" She nodded, said, 'You've got to do it.' So here we are."

Saturday, Cousins threw touchdowns to four receivers as the Vikings overcame a 33-point deficit to beat the Indianapolis Colts 39-36 in overtime at U.S. Bank Stadium. He finished with 460 passing yards, including 417 after halftime — a total that would rank as the seventh-most passing yards he had accumulated in any game.

This season, the former Quirk Cousins has earned the nickname "Clutch," trading in his accountant's green eyeshade for a quick-draw holster. The Vikings are 10-0 this season in one-score games, and two of those victories — at Buffalo five weeks ago, and Sunday against the Colts — rank among the most dramatic in franchise history.

"I'm a fan of football, and walking off the field, someone said it was the largest comeback," Cousins said. "I thought of Frank Reich and the Bills and I thought, 'It couldn't have been bigger than that.' "

In the playoffs of the 1992 season, Reich led the Bills to a victory after they trailed Warren Moon and the Oilers by 32 points. Last month, Reich was fired by as Colts coach and replaced by Jeff Saturday, who on Saturday became the victim of the comeback that trumped Reich's.

Cousins was 4 when that game was played. He has seen it.

Skol Vikes!!

Watching the Buffalo game and apparently the nfl is just fine with snowballs being thrown at Dolphins players during the game in the end zone.

What a whackass game.

Okay, I hate to nitpick, and JJ is just plain out of this world, but after the GW FG, he appears to be another player who doesn't know how OT works in the NFL. There were 3 seconds left, everyone starts celebrating, except JJ, and you can see him holding up 3 fingers to indicate "aren't there still 3 seconds left?" The puzzled look on his face is classic.

NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!! SKOL!!!!!

Crazy game, thank god l was busy for first three quarters, then turned it off when we turned the ball over late. Luckily my Dad called me after the Dalvin screen pass and I could enjoy the ending.

If nothing else the Vikings are super entertaining this year.

Why???? Game was tied.

This is why you go to the games! I know a lot of folks have strong opinions about not going to NFL games more and more, the home TV experience is so much better than it ever has been, etc.

But you never know when you're going to see history. It's why I love going to the games. Minneapolis Miracle, yesterday's game against Indy, even this ending between Raiders-Patriots....

Memories that can last a lifetime, it's hard to beat.

Seems like national media doesnt want to give Kirko any cred.

Dude is dropping dimes. I think hes playing great. Taking hits, standing in the pocket. Still holds on to the ball at times for too long

Top Bottom