All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I happened to catch a small piece of where they had AHC Mike Pettine on KFAN yesterday, and he was saying Z has the most QB hurries in the league and Hunter the 2nd most???

Sorry - but what a crock of s___. What a completely worthless stat, then. Who gives a crap if you "hurry" the QB, if the QB makes the play anyway, or if it not a time where we actually need to get pressure on the QB?

And those were probably the very limited times when we blitz!

Does literally anyone think that when we just bring 4 DL, that we have anything close to resembling an elite pass rush in the league? I would guess one of the worst.

Reusse on his podcast pointed out this interesting stat. KOC has now lost to the Lions as much as Tice (8-0) & Childress (8-1), COMBINED.

Reusse on his podcast pointed out this interesting stat. KOC has now lost to the Lions as much as Tice (8-0) & Childress (8-1), COMBINED.
Of course Reusse pointed that out.... SMH...

And if the Vikings beat the Packers and Bears in the next few weeks, KOC will have swept the Packers and Bears, will Reusse tell us how many times previous coaches swept the Packers and Bears in the same year?

Probably not. The media goal here for the past 30 years has been to dump on the local teams.

I don't know if Wikipedia is accurate, but it lists Jack Burns as Off Coord/QB Coach for both the 1992 & 1993 seasons. Brian Billick took the reigns in 1994.

Sorry, not meant to call you out. I was just curious who it was before Billick.
My bad memory; thanks for the correction. Seems Denny gave him two years.

And if the Vikings beat the Packers and Bears in the next few weeks, KOC will have swept the Packers and Bears, will Reusse tell us how many times previous coaches swept the Packers and Bears in the same year?
Listening to the podcast it was in no way a shot at KOC. It was pointing out how Tice and Childress were propped up by dominating the Lions.

They also really helped Bud Grant make it to Canton.

I suspect KOC will lose to the Lions many times. I think they are solid and own the Rams 1st Round pick. Currently they have the best scoring differential in the NFC North, and a QB that has been to the Super Bowl.

The 49ers taking down the Seahawks greatly helped their Wild Card aspirations. Also didn't help the Vikings with trying to attain the 2 seed.

Listening to the podcast it was in no way a shot at KOC. It was pointing out how Tice and Childress were propped up by dominating the Lions.

They also really helped Bud Grant make it to Canton.

I suspect KOC will lose to the Lions many times. I think they are solid and own the Rams 1st Round pick. Currently they have the best scoring differential in the NFC North, and a QB that has been to the Super Bowl.

The 49ers taking down the Seahawks greatly helped their Wild Card aspirations. Also didn't help the Vikings with trying to attain the 2 seed.
How funny would it be if Washington and Giants tied again, giving a middle finger to any other Wildcard hopeful?

Regardless if we're #2 or #3, we'd face one of those at USBS in a rematch.

the point is that the Lions have been really bad for a long time. To the extent where the Vikings could look at the schedule most years and count on two wins over the Lions.

If the Lions improve to the point where they become a threat, that changes the equation in the division.

some numbers:
Vikings all-time vs the Lions: 80-41-2 (.659 winning percentage)
80 wins the most vs any opponent

only teams that the Vikes have a higher winning percentage against:
Jacksonville Jaguars 6-1 (.857)
Cleveland Browns 11-5 (.688)

BTW - Vikes have a .533 winning percentage vs the Bears.
--vs the Packers - .471

Was that easy! 17-0 Colts. Before the end of the 1st. Damn.

So on 3rd and 2 we are gonna trick them and hand it off to our full back on a sweep. Then on 4th and 2 we are just gonna run right up the middle. Don’t like either of the calls but maybe they need to be done in reverse.

You can’t make it up. Fullback sweep and then don’t do a QB sneak when you need inches.

So on 3rd and 2 we are gonna trick them and hand it off to our full back on a sweep. Then on 4th and 2 we are just gonna run right up the middle. Don’t like either of the calls but maybe they need to be done in reverse.
Correction: 4th and inches

At what point do you fire Donatell in season? This Colts offense is putrid, and making them look silly.

Cook is way down the list of problems this team has. Could they get a cheaper option that’s about as good? Sure, but again, way down the list.
I agree. But getting a cheaper option can also help solve a few of the other problems.

Top Bottom