All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Rosen's issues were just as much, or more, off the field and attitude and leadership struggles. Kid just didn't endear himself to his teammates very much. He was an arrogant entitled SoCal dickhead.

I remember back at the beginning of the 2019 draft, I REALLY wanted the Cardinals to draft Nick Bosa at #1 overall and give Rosen another year. Instead, they went with Kyler Murray and dumped Rosen for a pick that ended up being Andy Isabella at the end of the 2nd round, which hasn't worked out much either.

Going back, I still would have preferred they went with an elite RUSH like Nick Bosa (went #2 behind Murray) over Kyler Murray. I still don't see the Murray experiment going very well for the Cardinals. Cardinals are 4-7 and could very well be underdogs in each of their remaining games.

A house-cleaning is in order in Phoenix, it'll be interesting to see who is left standing next spring

It's really hard to watch this AZ Cardinals offense and NOT think that it runs a lot more smoothly and efficiently with Colt McCoy at QB than Kyler Murray. The players just seem to have more faith in McCoy when he's under center.

You are correct. A look back at the draft isn't kind to the Vikings. A lot of good players at positions of need were available, and it looks like we got very little overall.

S Kyle Hamilton
C Tyler Lindebaum
DT - Jordan Davis
CB Kair Elam
WR - Christian Watson

Pretty early to write off this year's draft. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Cine, Booth, Ingram, and even A. Evans end up being starters by sometime in the 2023 season, with Ty Chandler, Lowe, Muse and Nailor, possibly even Asamoah, being contributors.

Trading for Hockenson was a really good move for what they gave up.

Getting Cine and Booth back for next season, if they're 100%, will be like adding a pair of late 1st round picks to their 2023 draft class. And they should be mentally ready to go in their second training camp.

I want to puke!

Next year, we are all going to say we could have had Watson or Jameson Williams on the other side of JJ.
Wasted energy. Can't control it.

Those guys could flop and/or get injured.

30 NFL Franchises passed on Tom Brady as many as 6 times.

Wasted energy. Can't control it.

Those guys could flop and/or get injured.

30 NFL Franchises passed on Tom Brady as many as 6 times.
Can't control who you draft?

Can't control who you draft?
Fans can't control it. Wasted energy on your part by fretting over "what might have been", but go ahead and give yourself anguish if Watson or Williams flourish.

Fans can't control it. Wasted energy on your part by fretting over "what might have been", but go ahead and give yourself anguish if Watson or Williams flourish.
So I can't control who they draft. I never had a clue.

So I can't control who they draft. I never had a clue.
If you specifically can't control the draft, then letting it eat you up to so "you want to puke" is wasted energy. That is what I was trying to convey.

Go ahead though. That or take some Rolaids.

If you specifically can't control the draft, then letting it eat you up to so "you want to puke" is wasted energy. That is what I was trying to convey.

Go ahead though. That or take some Rolaids.
I'm indifferent to the point that the loss last night had zero emotional attachment. That might be worse.

You can't control it, bud!

Last edited:

Don’t “major” in the minors as my first sales manager liked to tell me.

It's really hard to watch this AZ Cardinals offense and NOT think that it runs a lot more smoothly and efficiently with Colt McCoy at QB than Kyler Murray. The players just seem to have more faith in McCoy when he's under center.

If that's true the Cardinals are really bad and really screwed.

Couple of series aside, McCoy got them into the end zone once and got sacked 6 times. While that Cardinal defense sacked Jones once.

Looks like giving Murray that contract and bringing in a failed College Head Coach were both very bad ideas.

Defenses win championships I’ve been told. Maybe next year

Point differential is not at all just defense.

I agree, without question, that our defense is awful.

I would absolutely fire Donatell. But KOC has said he will retain play-calling duties.

I want to puke!

Next year, we are all going to say we could have had Watson or Jameson Williams on the other side of JJ.
What happens to Theilen and KJO next year?

Also you never know with Reagor. Drafted one ahead of JJ.

Pretty early to write off this year's draft. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Cine, Booth, Ingram, and even A. Evans end up being starters by sometime in the 2023 season, with Ty Chandler, Lowe, Muse and Nailor, possibly even Asamoah, being contributors.

Trading for Hockenson was a really good move for what they gave up.

Getting Cine and Booth back for next season, if they're 100%, will be like adding a pair of late 1st round picks to their 2023 draft class. And they should be mentally ready to go in their second training camp.
Agree early .... but man Evans looks so much better than Booth, this year. For whatever little that may be worth, with how soft Donatell's defense is.

The scary thing for me is that Darrisaw and Evans both, separately got 2nd concussions the first game they were respectively back!

That feels like if they get another concussion, might they have to call it a career? No idea

WTF!

That level of sickening bad luck can't just be Vikings curse?? Does our medical staff need to be fired, for clearing them too early?

The scary thing for me is that Darrisaw and Evans both, separately got 2nd concussions the first game they were respectively back!

That feels like if they get another concussion, might they have to call it a career? No idea

WTF!

That level of sickening bad luck can't just be Vikings curse?? Does our medical staff need to be fired, for clearing them too early?
Tanner Morgan got a 2nd concussion shortly after returning as well. It's the nature of the beast.

Every player is subject to a concussion every game, whether they had one recently or not.

I think you're much more vulnerable to get another one if you've had one recently, though.

I think you're much more vulnerable to get another one if you've had one recently, though.
Without a doubt that's correct.

I don't recall Evans 2nd concussion, but seeing the collision that Darrisaw was involved with in the Patriots game I would have been surprised if he wasn't concussed, regardless whether or not he had a recent incident.

Same with Morgan, he got blasted in the Nebraska game. Was the Illinois hit still lingering? Perhaps, but I think that one on it's own would have knocked him out.

Without a doubt that's correct.

I don't recall Evans 2nd concussion, but seeing the collision that Darrisaw was involved with in the Patriots game I would have been surprised if he wasn't concussed, regardless whether or not he had a recent incident.

Same with Morgan, he got blasted in the Nebraska game. Was the Illinois hit still lingering? Perhaps, but I think that one on it's own would have knocked him out.
Fair points.

Obviously it's a spectrum. Every game, every guy takes hard hits. Your brain matter is having force applied to it every time, from smashing into your skull. Just a matter of if the impact was enough to give you symptoms immediately or not.

Looks like giving Murray that contract and bringing in a failed College Head Coach were both very bad ideas.
You mean going 35-40 as a college head coach while having Patrick Mahomes as your quarterback doesn’t instill confidence? That dude must be insanely good at interviewing.

Dennis Green was not too proud to replace his offensive coordinator after one season. We'll see what Kevin and Kwesi do with Grandpa Defense. They'd have to admit they made an error in hiring him in the first place.

Dennis Green was not too proud to replace his offensive coordinator after one season. We'll see what Kevin and Kwesi do with Grandpa Defense. They'd have to admit they made an error in hiring him in the first place.
I don't know if Wikipedia is accurate, but it lists Jack Burns as Off Coord/QB Coach for both the 1992 & 1993 seasons. Brian Billick took the reigns in 1994.

Sorry, not meant to call you out. I was just curious who it was before Billick.

I dislike our defensive playcalling but our corners are atrocious. They are Wassawa Serwanga bad.

Top Bottom