All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Nordo rap time- A chip a chair and a chance. The vikes go to the dance. Cousins throws the ball and pa is on the call and the fans clap their hands. Wrap sho!!!!

Now is the time fire the DC. I know it will never happen, but when you have another guy on staff that can do it (Pettine), why not give it a shot?

Agreed.

The Vikes have a 1 game lead on the 49ers for the 2nd seed, but SF has a better NFC record, they would likely have the tie-breaker. They finish at Sea, vs Wash, at LV & vs Ari.
they'll win their next 2 at home. Lots of factors come into play of how the last 2 games go

Now is the time fire the DC. I know it will never happen, but when you have another guy on staff that can do it (Pettine), why not give it a shot?
That won't happen. But O'Connell at least needs to demand they blitz once on a while instead of sitting back and getting picked apart.

Last edited:

I've seen enough the past few weeks. The Vikes have given up 460 yards per game the past 4 weeks, are 2-2 in those games, and have been outscored 102 to 86. They are toast. The defense has completely fallen apart. Assuming they eventually clinch the division, their first game playoff opponent will likely be either Dallas (if the Vikes get the 3rd seed) or San Francisco (if they get the 2 seed then play the best winner of the first round). They will be one and done.

That won't happen. But Coyle at least needs to demand they blitz once on a while instead of sitting back and getting picked apart.
i thought Coyle's job was to get Fleck to pass more, but how its blitzing? FFS

Lions getting a lot of credit right now.

Vikings gave them that game. Eliminate the mistakes, Vikings may still win that game, regardless of the "oh-lay" defense

The F'd up jump pass was the play of the game. Make that play (or don't call it) and there's a 50/50 chance the Vikings win.
Yes!
And the blown coverage on the first TD.
And the fake punt that should have been stuffed.

Lions getting a lot of credit right now.

Vikings gave them that game. Eliminate the mistakes, Vikings may still win that game, regardless of the "oh-lay" defense
Hockenson drops a sure first down catch.

The illegal hit on Goff was marginal at best. That was third down.

Jefferson came back for a sliding catch and was a yard short

The fake punt

The fumble on the goal line.

4th and 1 and we get stuffed.

Those things have all gone our way this year. We had a lot of them go against us yesterday.

Yes!
And the blown coverage on the first TD.
And the fake punt that should have been stuffed.
We play a soft shell and play our safeties way deep. That's why the middle is always wide open.

So how the hell do you get beat over the top twice for easy pitch and catch touchdowns?

Hockenson drops a sure first down catch.

The illegal hit on Goff was marginal at best. That was third down.

Jefferson came back for a sliding catch and was a yard short

The fake punt

The fumble on the goal line.

4th and 1 and we get stuffed.

Those things have all gone our way this year. We had a lot of them go against us yesterday.

That's the problem with having a totally effed up defense. The effed up defense leaves no margin for error for when the normally clutch offense sputters or for bad bounces. Cousins and Jefferson have carried the team this year but their backs are getting tired.

The defense is now officially the worst in the NFL in terms of YPG.

That's the problem with having a totally effed up defense. The effed up defense leaves no margin for error for when the normally clutch offense sputters or for bad bounces. Cousins and Jefferson have carried the team this year but their backs are getting tired.

The defense is now officially the worst in the NFL in terms of YPG.
That's why they have to gamble on bringing pressure and get sacks and turnovers. Sure you might give up an 80 yard touchdown, but giving it up in 15 yard chunks isn't working any better.

I've seen enough the past few weeks. The Vikes have given up 460 yards per game the past 4 weeks, are 2-2 in those games, and have been outscored 102 to 86. They are toast. The defense has completely fallen apart. Assuming they eventually clinch the division, their first game playoff opponent will likely be either Dallas (if the Vikes get the 3rd seed) or San Francisco (if they get the 2 seed then play the best winner of the first round). They will be one and done.
The Vikings won't be playing Dallas or San Fran in the first round.

Possible but still not likely. I figure they will lose at least once and I'm not sure if 9-8 is enough.
No it's a long shot but some of the teams ahead of them have not looked all that great lately. They're playing with some high confidence.

Possible but still not likely. I figure they will lose at least once and I'm not sure if 9-8 is enough.
That Giants/Commandos Tie might be what holds the Lions out. They beat both them so would have had a Tiebreaker advantage. Now no matter what, they will still be at least 1/2 game behind those teams at the end of this week.

so far, O'Connell has done pretty well for a rookie head coach. Sunday was not his best outing.

I think the more interesting/concerning issue is Kwesi. In his (brief) time as GM, he has made a lot of trades. Some seemed to work - Hockenson, for instance. but the draft did not provide much help, with the top two picks both out for the season with injuries. Ingram at Guard has been shaky.

so is Kwesi the guy to rebuilt this roster on the fly?

as noted, the owners put him in a tough situation - telling him he couldn't do a full re-build. so they've tried to patch things together on defense and the results have not been pretty.

it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next off-season.

We play a soft shell and play our safeties way deep. That's why the middle is always wide open.

So how the hell do you get beat over the top twice for easy pitch and catch touchdowns?
Play action and satires the bite like crazy. Plus they just ain’t very good.

so far, O'Connell has done pretty well for a rookie head coach. Sunday was not his best outing.

I think the more interesting/concerning issue is Kwesi. In his (brief) time as GM, he has made a lot of trades. Some seemed to work - Hockenson, for instance. but the draft did not provide much help, with the top two picks both out for the season with injuries. Ingram at Guard has been shaky.

so is Kwesi the guy to rebuilt this roster on the fly?

as noted, the owners put him in a tough situation - telling him he couldn't do a full re-build. so they've tried to patch things together on defense and the results have not been pretty.

it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next off-season.
You are correct. A look back at the draft isn't kind to the Vikings. A lot of good players at positions of need were available, and it looks like we got very little overall.

S Kyle Hamilton
C Tyler Lindebaum
DT - Jordan Davis
CB Kair Elam
WR - Christian Watson

You are correct. A look back at the draft isn't kind to the Vikings. A lot of good players at positions of need were available, and it looks like we got very little overall.

S Kyle Hamilton
C Tyler Lindebaum
DT - Jordan Davis
CB Kair Elam
WR - Christian Watson
I want to puke!

Next year, we are all going to say we could have had Watson or Jameson Williams on the other side of JJ.

Top Bottom