All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

^^^^^^^^^^^^ and we've played a lot of low end qb's

So sad.

By the way, we are missing a few posters today.

They need to gut the roster badly, but the Wilfs won't allow it. That's bad ownership. You need to let the people you hire do what's best for the team.
Maybe, but that’s the problem with letting lame duck staffs stick around like they did. They went 7-9 and 8-9 the last 2 seasons and contacts were put in place in order for the current front office and coaches to keep their jobs and win now not for the betterment of the franchise.

Maybe, but that’s the problem with letting lame duck staffs stick around like they did. They went 7-9 and 8-9 the last 2 seasons and contacts were put in place in order for the current front office and coaches to keep their jobs and win now not for the betterment of the franchise.
We are going to be screwed.

I'm still pissed we traded the 12th pick away last year. We moved way, way back........and it looks like none of them will pan out.

We're gunna get rocked in the playoffs.

Hey Danielle Hunter, weren't you bitching about your money situation while not playing.

Well, give a bunch of it back.
I think the change in scheme is a big reason for him not doing much. My guess is he’ll ask for a trade.

Maybe I’m Kwesi. Maybe I’m Kwesi Probably. Sing it Nordo! Vikes bites

And the old GM signed all the fossils to new contracts cause he had to win last year to keep his job. The decision is gonna set back the franchise. And yes the draft of defensive players has been terrible.
I was saying this over and over again the last 2 years of the Spielman era. When you set up a “win to keep your job” situation, it’s not going to benefit you in the long term. Then, reports are that the Wilfs wouldn’t let the new guy(s) blow it up. What was the term- “reload while remaining competitive” or something? The NFL is devoid of top end teams this year. It’s the Eagles, Chiefs, and maybe Bills? There is never a better year for a mediocre team to make a run in the playoffs, so I’m not saying it’s impossible. But this D is going to get torched by a decent team in the playoffs. Can the offense keep up?

I just can’t get over that pass on the goal line to end the half. The plane was to have your running back throw the ball to a tight end who has caught 17 passes all season. That was the option chosen as opposed throwing the ball using you’re $40million quarterback to the best WR in the league or one of the other good WR’s you have on the team.

I just can’t get over that pass on the goal line to end the half. The plane was to have your running back throw the ball to a tight end who has caught 17 passes all season. That was the option chosen as opposed throwing the ball using you’re $40million quarterback to the best WR in the league or one of the other good WR’s you have on the team.
and if youre going to do that play, it should be on third or fourth down after you've already been stuffed 2 or 3 times

KOC had his worst game as a HC and cost his team a chance at pulling this one out. The defensive performance didn’t help (maybe an in season change at the DC should happen) either, but his decision making was not good today.
His blunders today were:
- Going for it on 4th down after the Detroit penalty
- challenging the Jefferson sideline catch that didn’t get a first down
- The Goalline call to have Dalvin throw it. If what the announcers said was true then this is way worse than anything else
- Going for two
- The onside kick.

He chased points all day rather then taking what was given and given the defensive performance I can somewhat understand, but he really hasn’t done that all year, so why start now. The DC should be changed immediately and maybe that will help.

Sorry but the Vikings have to be the worse 10-3 team in nfl history

The Vikings are overachieving like hell this year, that's no secret. The beneficiaries of a shitload of luck. No, they won't make it very far in the playoffs, not with that defense.

But isn't this better than the alternative? How much would underachieving suck, and losing every break and bounce of the ball? It would be the longest season ever.

Year one of KOC and the new GM, a division title and making the playoffs, even if they get bounced in the first round? I can live with that.

The Vikings are overachieving like hell this year, that's no secret. The beneficiaries of a shitload of luck. No, they won't make it very far in the playoffs, not with that defense.

But isn't this better than the alternative? How much would underachieving suck, and losing every break and bounce of the ball? It would be the longest season ever.

Year one of KOC and the new GM, a division title and making the playoffs, even if they get bounced in the first round? I can live with that.
We’ve lived with their failure since they came into the league. Sorry but until they finally win a Super Bowl I will always expect the inevitable. They will find a way to disappoint

If Harrison Smith played, then they don't get get that silly TD to a wide open receiver. Then they don't feel the need to go for 2 and it's 14-14 going into the half.

The game comes down to two plays, then, both of which (as is normally the case) are "if they work, you're a genius, if they don't, then you're a moron":
- the wacky Dalvin Cook fake-run to a jump shot pass to Mundt
- the wacky starting RT Sewell is split out wide and then goes in motion and then they throw him the ball.

Theirs worked, ours didn't. And ours didn't work in the worst way possible.

Even if we just don't fumble it, we probably still find a way to score. Then we're talking that we're up 21-14 going into half.

Never know

The absolute worst we can do this point is 10-7.

We still get into the playoffs, and almost surely still win the division unless the Lions go undefeated here on out? Not sure what the 10-7 tiebreaker would be there, since we split with them.

Regardless, more than likely we win the division and play at least the wild-card round at home.

Those who are trying to assert that it's guaranteed we lose that first playoff game, at home:

if we win, you don't get to post in the Vikings 2023 In-Season thread. At all. You're out

The absolute worst we can do this point is 10-7.

We still get into the playoffs, and almost surely still win the division unless the Lions go undefeated here on out? Not sure what the 10-7 tiebreaker would be there, since we split with them.

Regardless, more than likely we win the division and play at least the wild-card round at home.

Those who are trying to assert that it's guaranteed we lose that first playoff game, at home:

if we win, you don't get to post in the Vikings 2023 In-Season thread. At all. You're out
Lions would have a better Division Record at 5-1 then the Vikings 3-3 in the Detroit wins out, Minnesota loses out scenario. That is the 2nd tie breaker after head-to-head.

If Harrison Smith played, then they don't get get that silly TD to a wide open receiver. Then they don't feel the need to go for 2 and it's 14-14 going into the half.

The game comes down to two plays, then, both of which (as is normally the case) are "if they work, you're a genius, if they don't, then you're a moron":
- the wacky Dalvin Cook fake-run to a jump shot pass to Mundt
- the wacky starting RT Sewell is split out wide and then goes in motion and then they throw him the ball.

Theirs worked, ours didn't. And ours didn't work in the worst way possible.

Even if we just don't fumble it, we probably still find a way to score. Then we're talking that we're up 21-14 going into half.

Never know

Also the Lions successful fake punt was a game shifter.

We’ve lived with their failure since they came into the league. Sorry but until they finally win a Super Bowl I will always expect the inevitable. They will find a way to disappoint
If you are expecting failure then it seems by definition impossible for the Vikings to disappoint you.

Lions would have a better Division Record at 5-1 then the Vikings 3-3 in the Detroit wins out, Minnesota loses out scenario. That is the 2nd tie breaker after head-to-head.

The Vikings could very easily win the last 4 games. The division is not in doubt. The only question is what their seeding will be. They'll handle the Colts this weekend to close out the NFC North, then we'll see what happens after that.

If you are expecting failure then it seems by definition impossible for the Vikings to disappoint you.
It’s Minnesota sports. Disappointment has been the theme since 91’

The Vikings could very easily win the last 4 games. The division is not in doubt. The only question is what their seeding will be. They'll handle the Colts this weekend to close out the NFC North, then we'll see what happens after that.
Agreed.

The Vikes have a 1 game lead on the 49ers for the 2nd seed, but SF has a better NFC record, they would likely have the tie-breaker. They finish at Sea, vs Wash, at LV & vs Ari.

Top Bottom