All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

O’Connell deserves a lot of blame so far. Horrible call on 4th down and then that. It was 1st down. Stupidity at its finest.

So this teams gonna go 13-4 this season and it’s gonna look so different next year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I could see smith, Peterson, hunter, Kendrick’s all being gone. Not sure about Z Smith and his contract, but it appears the last two years are not guaranteed so he could be gone too.

So this teams gonna go 13-4 this season and it’s gonna look so different next year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I could see smith, Peterson, hunter, Kendrick’s all being gone. Not sure about Z Smith and his contract, but it appears the last two years are not guaranteed so he could be gone too.
Smith isn’t going anywhere. Too much dead money to cut, too expensive to trade. His absence today has lead to those 2 long TDs by the Lions.

Are we just not going to send extras guys once in awhile. Zero pass rush. It’s not even hard. Donatell has to go this offseason.

Those highly paid DE’s (or OLBs now I suppose) have gotten zero pressure today. Goff has all day. Playing well against the run, but no pass rush.

Are we just not going to send extras guys once in awhile. Zero pass rush. It’s not even hard. Donatell has to go this offseason.
Just beat me to it. They are getting no pressure, so you at least have to occasionally bring extra guys to keep them honest.

It’s an analytics thing. If you get it, a TD and PAT gives you the lead. And the chances of getting the 2pt conversion in 1 of 2 chances is pretty good.

I get it. The PAT is a 79.4% chance of success. If you kick the PAT it's a 7pt deficit and you're only a TD and a PAT from tying it.

I get it. The PAT is a 79.4% chance of success. If you kick the PAT it's a 7pt deficit and you're only a TD and a PAT from tying it.
The object is to win. Going for two gives you a better chance to take the lead.

Correct. We are gonna play soft zone coverage. At the snap we are gonna be 5 yards deep and then drop back to 7-10 yards no matter the down or distance. The slant for the touchdown was just terrible as DB just kept giving ground even when in the end zone. Just terrible defensive personal and terrible play callingz

Correct. We are gonna play soft zone coverage. At the snap we are gonna be 5 yards deep and then drop back to 7-10 yards no matter the down or distance. The slant for the touchdown was just terrible as DB just kept giving ground even when in the end zone. Just terrible defensive personal and terrible play callingz
Soft zone with zero pressure is the worst possible scenario unless it’s like 3rd and 15.

Interesting that Detroit has no problem sending pressure.

There it is again. 3rd and 9 playing soft man and you back peddle yourself out of the play allowing for an easy pitch and catch.

Well yeah if you look at it after the fact.

With our kicker, the chances of getting 1 out of 2 two point conversions is about equal as him making both PATs.

Nope, the actual number is 27 out of 32, 84.3%

The point though is moot the Vikings Defense can't stop Detroit anyway.

The object is to win. Going for two gives you a better chance to take the lead.
Going for it there is fucking moronic.

Along with the 4th down call in the 1st qtr, and the jump pass call on 1st and goal just before half. Idiotic.

KOC cant do much about the defensive personnel.

But he absolutely made bad calls aa a head coach today.

Top Bottom