All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

LaFleur is always pissed at the refs. They just were called for an obvious illegal contact that negated a fumble recovery TD.
The pack is totally done. Their offense looks like the gophers.

They go to Buffalo next week. 3-5

And it's the prime night game for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Rodgers is a b!tch, and his team is coming apart.

If only the Packers had an actual leader at QB. What they have instead, is a prima dona who casts blame on his receivers.

Maybe stop doing drugs, suppress the ego, stop blaming others, and lead your team.

Packer fans aren't OK. Imagine when they have to go through their Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder phase.

The pack is totally done. Their offense looks like the gophers.

They go to Buffalo next week. 3-5

And it's the prime night game for everyone to see.
I'm not ready to say they are totally done, especially in terms of the Wild Card with 3 getting in, but certainly trending in the wrong direction. Understatement.

With regard to the NFC North, Green Bay in addition to the Bills also has to play the Eagles along with Cowboys, Titans, Rams and Dolphins. If the Vikings go 6-5 the rest of the way, the Cheesers would have to go 8-2, just to tie for 1st place and it then would come down to tiebreakers.

Minnesota is already 3-0 vs the Division.

Last edited:

Saw a meme going around about how Green Bay also started 3-3 in 2010 when they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

:sneaky:

Of course, that season their 1st loss was at Chicago (who won the division) and 2nd and 3rd losses were both in OT.

EDIT: oop, that must've been older than I realized since they are now in fact 3-4.

Saw a meme going around about how Green Bay also started 3-3 in 2010 when they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

:sneaky:

Of course, that season their 1st loss was at Chicago (who won the division) and 2nd and 3rd losses were both in OT.

EDIT: oop, that must've been older than I realized since they are now in fact 3-4.
Listening to the Packers post game on radio yesterday, the announcer indicated they just finished a 4 game stretch that at the beginning it looked like GB would be the favorites by a TD (minimum) for each game:

NE @ home
NYG @ London
Jets @ home
Wash @ DC

They wound up being only 4.5 vs the Commies, but indeed were favored by more than a 7 pts against the others.

Even their last W, against the Pats they were 10 pt favorites, playing a 2nd string rookie QB in Lambeau. They needed 70 minutes (OT) to pull that one off.

I wonder when the last time that any NFL team has lost in consecutive weeks (or games) to the Giants and Jets.

The pass on the last play was thrown by the qb. Fitting!!!

No comments on the Oli Udoh situation? Not good, Oli... not good..

Oli Udoh Arrested In Miami
I have watched I think all but 2 Vikings games since 1998, since blackouts were no longer a thing. I am not minimizing his transgressions, but the news to me is that Minnesota had someone by the name of Oli Udoh on the roster.

From the article, he plays on the Offensive Line.

Vikings need to trade for an inside linebacker and/or a corner

can we cut anyone to make room?
Not really. Most cuts eat cap room in the current year. They can re-structure someone like Harrison Smith or Dalvin but that just kicks the can and eats cap room for next year. They might do that though.

Who's Sam Ehlinger?
The former Texas QB. Didn't realize he was in the NFL. Just looked it up, and Colts are saying he's starting the rest of the season. So they traded a third round pick for Ryan, then fully guaranteed the remaining two years on his contract at $24mil and $29mil in 22/23, just to sit him on the bench and pay him a bunch of money to hold a clipboard? If you're a Colts fan, I guess at least they didn't agree to the terms that the Broncos did with Russell Wilson; that should make you feel better.

The former Texas QB. Didn't realize he was in the NFL. Just looked it up, and Colts are saying he's starting the rest of the season. So they traded a third round pick for Ryan, then fully guaranteed the remaining two years on his contract at $24mil and $29mil in 22/23, just to sit him on the bench and pay him a bunch of money to hold a clipboard? If you're a Colts fan, I guess at least they didn't agree to the terms that the Broncos did with Russell Wilson; that should make you feel better.
As a Broncos fan, it doesn't. But at least Hackett will be fired after the bye week. Hopefully Sean Peyton can fix Russ.

I have watched I think all but 2 Vikings games since 1998, since blackouts were no longer a thing. I am not minimizing his transgressions, but the news to me is that Minnesota had someone by the name of Oli Udoh on the roster.

From the article, he plays on the Offensive Line.
You must not have paid very close attention, because he started every game but one last year and played almost every snap in those 16 games.

They have almost no cap room. I don't expect any moves. Certainly not impact ones.
they can restructure guys and create money. Kendricks would be a good start. Cook, etc.

You must not have paid very close attention, because he started every game but one last year and played almost every snap in those 16 games.
and he played it poorly! You tended to notice him.

For the past 15 years my viewing is via DVR. Start viewing about 1.5 hrs after kickoff and zip ahead after every play & commercial. OLinemen don't get their name called out during live action, and if they get called for a penalty I am moving onto the next play.

That's on me that his name sounded "vaguely familiar". Multiple choice though it would have been just a random guess as to whether he was starter, backup, practice squader, or training camp casualty.

If my life depended on it I couldn't name the current Viking punter either. However, I know their punters for the SB Teams in the 70s were Mike Eischied and Neil Clabo. Pre VHS even.

Had to look it up for their 1969 team. Backup QB Bob Lee was also the Punter. I was only a year old then.

Top Bottom