All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

saw a stat that the Vikes are outscoring their opponents in the 2nd and 4th quarters. that was one of the biggest problems under Zim - giving up too many points late in the 1st half and late in the game. Just improving on that area can make a big difference - and so far, it seems to be working.

at being a contender
A contender for what? Winning the Super Bowl? They are likely to make the play-offs and any team in the NFC that makes it has a shot, IMO. Can they beat KC or Buffalo? No, probably not. But I'd still be glad to take a shot.

A contender for what? Winning the Super Bowl? They are likely to make the play-offs and any team in the NFC that makes it has a shot, IMO. Can they beat KC or Buffalo? No, probably not. But I'd still be glad to take a shot.
I could see this team missing the playoffs, unless the NFC North is so bad Vikings just need to be .500

While not the norm, the 2021 Bengals provide a template. They got in as a Division winner #4 seed, survived the WC Round at home vs the Raiders then went on the road and beat the #1 (Titans) and #2 (Chiefs) in succession.

In the SB, they had the ball late with a chance to take the lead vs the Rams.

Anyone in the Tournament has a shot.

While not the norm, the 2021 Bengals provide a template. They got in as a Division winner #4 seed, survived the WC Round at home vs the Raiders then went on the road and beat the #1 (Titans) and #2 (Chiefs) in succession.

Wouldnt surprise me if they went 3-8.
I normally share Minnesota fan pessimism. But I've watched enough other NFC teams to say all the remaining NFC opponents suck as much or more than the Vikings. We'll win at least 5 or 6 more unless there are major injuries.

Yep. They got hot with decent, not great team. They're back to looking very pedestrian now. I don't think Cousins is Joe Burrow, so the Vikings run will likely end in the Divisional round instead of the Super Bowl, but you never know.

saw a stat that the Vikes are outscoring their opponents in the 2nd and 4th quarters. that was one of the biggest problems under Zim - giving up too many points late in the 1st half and late in the game. Just improving on that area can make a big difference - and so far, it seems to be working.
Good to know. But I dont believe they haven't scored a TD in the 3rd quarter yet this season.

Yep. They got hot with decent, not great team. They're back to looking very pedestrian now. I don't think Cousins is Joe Burrow, so the Vikings run will likely end in the Divisional round instead of the Super Bowl, but you never know.
Also injuries always play a big part, week to week even.

I listen to a few good NFL podcasts and one guy I listen to that I like a lot talks often about "winning the middle 8"; the last 4 mins of the first half and the first 4 mins of the second half. Says that's a huge deal for Belichick, which shows in his success obviously.

If the Vikings continue to improve as the season goes on, which is certainly a decent possibility, they could be a tough out by January.

Seems to be some gathering smoke over the potential of the Vikings signing FA WR Odell Beckham JR. Hmmmm.... an interesting move, that's for sure.

I believe OBJ is not going to be set to play until late November/early December. Still could be a good move.

I normally share Minnesota fan pessimism. But I've watched enough other NFC teams to say all the remaining NFC opponents except Philadelphia suck as much or more than the Vikings. We'll win at least 5 or 6 more unless there are major injuries.
FIFY.

They're going to have the #1 seed clinched with two games to go.

I have no idea why Miami would do this and if we’d have what they want but I’d rather add him than another WR.

I have no idea why Miami would do this and if we’d have what they want but I’d rather add him than another WR.

If I'm not mistaken, he just doesn't have many catches this year and he's NEVER blocked anyone in his life. He's a receiver, plain and simple, albeit a pretty good one. When you aren't even remotely a threat as a blocker, it makes it a lot easier on the defense to defend the offense when you're on the field

Seems to be some gathering smoke over the potential of the Vikings signing FA WR Odell Beckham JR. Hmmmm.... an interesting move, that's for sure.

some guy on Twitter today was claiming that OBJ was in the Twin Cities. I don't think he has many relatives still living in MN, so if he's in town, it most likely involves something with the Vikings.

(just in case people don't know, his mother grew up in Windom, MN in the SW part of the state. She was the greatest female track athlete in MN HS history.)

Pretty good player, but they gave up a lot for a guy that has been injured a lot in his career. A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024 I think? That's a boatload really. Carolina really planning on reloading next year, but they're still going to need a QB

If I'm not mistaken, he just doesn't have many catches this year and he's NEVER blocked anyone in his life. He's a receiver, plain and simple, albeit a pretty good one. When you aren't even remotely a threat as a blocker, it makes it a lot easier on the defense to defend the offense when you're on the field
The more I looked into it, you're probably right. He is essentially a WR so might as well go get an actual WR instead, especially if it's cheaper.

LaFleur is always pissed at the refs. They just were called for an obvious illegal contact that negated a fumble recovery TD.

Top Bottom