All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Miranda may be a butcher in the field, but the guy can hit.

You can look at the Twins and envision a lineup that includes Royce Lewis, Miranda, Kirilloff and Larnach along with Buxton, Arraez and Polanco. maybe put Spencer Steer at 3rd?

I'd buy that for a dollar!
What about Correa?

Fun. At least that was a hit to score the two runs.

Must say I have no idea why they didn’t walk Gimenez to pitch to Reyes, but all that would have done was delay the execution a few minutes.

What an absolute shit show.

Cleveland with a 2nd straight walk off homer. Beat the Twins 5-3.

Just gross. Is this just conditioning us so we're used to it come October when they get neutered by the Yankees or Astros?

Hey NYC can I bring up another trade. When will the twins learn never to trade away catchers. The Matt Capps for Wilson Ramos trade was a disaster as well.
Rip away. My boycott starts tomorrow - no watching live telecasts or comments from me in July - I watched Archer load the bases and shut uf off today.
Enjoy your July - I know I will 🥳🎉🍻

Pathetic bullpen along with pathetic pitching choices by the manager.

Rip away. My boycott starts tomorrow - no watching live telecasts or comments from me in July - I watched Archer load the bases and shut uf off today.
Enjoy your July - I know I will 🥳🎉🍻
honestly after years of this from all Minnesota teams I don’t feel sad anymore I get joy and some sort of satisfaction out of this craziness. I smiled when the homerun happen.

To your archer point he was lost today and couldn’t find the zone. 🎇🧨🎆

Maybe Rocco Bald-Dummy should head off to Kansas with Dorothy. No heart, no courage and no brain. Maybe the Wizard can help him out.

Maybe Rocco Bald-Dummy should head off to Kansas with Dorothy. No heart, no courage and no brain. Maybe the Wizard can help him out.
Funny way for Johnson to board the plane and never come back. If they had any guts, they'd have Rocco board a plane for somewhere else, too.

I can't even look at the guy anymore.

Hey NYC can I bring up another trade. When will the twins learn never to trade away catchers. The Matt Capps for Wilson Ramos trade was a disaster as well.
To be fair here, the catchers they traded away this offseason haven’t done much either.

To be fair here, the catchers they traded away this offseason haven’t done much either.
That is fair but man this whole catching on your knees to get a couple of strikes and having no chance to throw out bases runners is an issue. Granted they have much bigger issues than Jeffers being a below average catcher.

If we use either Duffy or Moran last night, we win the game.

Fire Rocco. Fire Falvey. Let Toby and Thad see the ship the rest of the way down.

the bullpen has been bad.

but Rocco can only choose from the pitchers he has available. This mess is on Falvey.

If you're choosing from a pile of turds, you're going to choose a turd. so Rocco is sitting there wondering "which turd should I choose?"

and then he gets stuck facing the media after the game, when he'd probably like to tell everyone "What the F am I supposed to do with this collection of turds?"

only he can't say that if he wants to keep his job.

also - does the pitching usage/philosophy change at all with Wes Johnson gone?

If you're choosing from a pile of turds, you're going to choose a turd. so Rocco is sitting there wondering "which turd should I choose?"

and then he gets stuck facing the media after the game, when he'd probably like to tell everyone "What the F am I supposed to do with this collection of turds?"

only he can't say that if he wants to keep his job.

also - does the pitching usage/philosophy change at all with Wes Johnson gone?
Tom Kelly said something close to that quite often in the late 90's. But he knew Terry Ryan couldn't fire him.

I can assume this Spencer Watkins character is the second coming of Cy Young. Oh never mind he’s not that great and yet he’s set down 15 straight twins.

Top Bottom