All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

saw a tweet that Baltimore's starters have put up a 1.62 ERA in the last two weeks. So the Orioles have been getting good pitching.

Twins won, and Pagan did not have to pitch.

that's a win-win.

BTW, apparently Rocco said that Pagan will be moved to some "lower leverage" situations for the time being - aka 5th or 6th inning stuff.

saw a tweet that Baltimore's starters have put up a 1.62 ERA in the last two weeks. So the Orioles have been getting good pitching.

Twins won, and Pagan did not have to pitch.

that's a win-win.

BTW, apparently Rocco said that Pagan will be moved to some "lower leverage" situations for the time being - aka 5th or 6th inning stuff.
About that last part that’s great but it means other guys not named Duran gotta step up. The problem is they got a lot of guys in the pen that should never pitch in high leverage situations and the middle of a season is not the time to try and recreate Pagan who has been terrible for 1 full season now. Just ask the twins bench coach Pagan basically got him fired as the manager last year in San Diego cause of his terrible 2nd half.

Makes up for one of those Cleveland fiascos. We really had no business winning this one.
Hardly. Division opponent and leading those games in the 8th. This win does not make up for those losses, you can not make up those losses. You can only accept them and win more games.

Gotta love baseball’s logic. I know we will have Minnesota play 13 home games in April and 18 home games in may when you might need a snow suit to attend the game. Then when the weather is nice in July let’s only give them 9 home games and make them travel to places like San Diego, Texas, and Milwaukee. And yes I do know the all star break is in July, but will my god what a terrible schedule to try and draw people to attend games.

Gotta love baseball’s logic. I know we will have Minnesota play 13 home games in April and 18 home games in may when you might need a snow suit to attend the game. Then when the weather is nice in July let’s only give them 9 home games and make them travel to places like San Diego, Texas, and Milwaukee. And yes I do know the all star break is in July, but will my god what a terrible schedule to try and draw people to attend games.

I went to the June 24th 1-0 loss to the Rockies. That was all around boring....and the promotional stuff that they do in-between half innings is stupid.

First game in several years. And probably will be another few years before I go to another.

Who buys tickets in advance before June? That's just dumb.

I have never purchased a Target Field ticket prior to June 1. The weather is too unpredictable.

20 of 28 games in August are at home and 41 of 77 in June-July-August. Everyone draws better in the summer regardless of weather.

The Twins walk it off in the 9th for the 2nd straight game! They entered the 9th trailing 3-2, which Polanco promptly tied with a solo shot to lead off the 9th. After Gordon struck out, Kirilloff doubled, Sanchez singled, and Miranda singled in the game winning run. Impressive resilience for a team that threw away the Cleveland series.

Gardys beat the Yankees on Sunday. Twins lead by 2 games in the division.

up next, Twins vs White Sox and Gardys vs Detroit.

on a completely different topic, read a long article about baseball Commissioner Manfred.

he said he wants an electronic strike zone by 2024 and is really pushing hard for the pitch clock. based on a study of minor league games, Manfred says robot umps and a pitch clock could cut 30 to 40 minutes off the average playing time of a major league game.

supposedly, someone in the MLB office took game film of a major league game and a minor league game (with the pitch clock) and showed them side-by-side to a group of owners to show the difference in pace of play. the owners were said to be "surprised" at the difference.

Gardys beat the Yankees on Sunday. Twins lead by 2 games in the division.

up next, Twins vs White Sox and Gardys vs Detroit.

on a completely different topic, read a long article about baseball Commissioner Manfred.

he said he wants an electronic strike zone by 2024 and is really pushing hard for the pitch clock. based on a study of minor league games, Manfred says robot umps and a pitch clock could cut 30 to 40 minutes off the average playing time of a major league game.

supposedly, someone in the MLB office took game film of a major league game and a minor league game (with the pitch clock) and showed them side-by-side to a group of owners to show the difference in pace of play. the owners were said to be "surprised" at the difference.
Just means more time to sell ads between innings and this quick message from Tria Orthopedic Clinic.

Honestly it’s not the pace of the game and taking 3 hours it’s the ball is hardly put in play anymore. The twins had 4 hits today and struck out 9 times. The pitching especially the bullpen (twins being the exception) is just so good that if you don’t score off the starter in 5 innings you are facing 4 guys that throw 100 with crazy breaking stuff.

The robotic strike zone will be a disaster and I don’t think is personally needed. They need to go to the best home plate umpires and say here’s how ever much money you 64 guys are the home plate umpire for every game we have. Plus if is 1-1 or 2-0 don’t call that pitch 4 inches outside the zone just to help the pitcher. That happens way too often.

Damn - Emilio Pagan is throwing down. article in the Strib where he says...........some stuff.........

"I'm extremely confident, and I know I'm one of the best guys in that role," Pagan said, adding he respects whatever Baldelli decides. "… I'll try and help the team in whatever role moving forward."

"If you take the Guardians out of my season, I think I've got a legitimate shot at going to the All-Star Game," Pagan said. "… I think I've got an over 10 K per nine [innings], and if you take out the first month [10 walks in 8⅔ innings], my walks per nine are really, really low. It's hard to put your finger on it. I wish there was a better explanation for what's going on."

"I truly believe that with the way I'm throwing it, when you look up at the end of the year," Pagan said, "I'm going to be one of the best relievers in baseball numbers-wise."

in other words, if you don't count any of my bad outings, I'm really good.

Bases loaded 1 out and the two guys in front of you walked..I know I’ll swing at the first pitch. Man this team just gives away opportunities.

Jax gives up three straight hits. One run and guys on first and second with no outs.

Then Buxton chases down a deep fly ball....gets it into the infield for a triple play.

Once again the twins pulling a started cause they don’t want the to face the line up a third time. That is understandable given Bundt’s numbers the third time through the line up. The pontine comes when you ask Jax to pitch two innings when that’s not something he doesn’t do. That’s the problem with the twins starters and bullpen is they don’t compliment each other. You can’t have 5 inning starters and then a bunch of one inning relievers, not when there is a 13 person staff. The fact they keep winder down in the for fear of losing some person they don’t trust is terrible. You can’t have empty people in the bullpen that can only pitch in blowouts. I just keep harping on this and yet the twins do nothing to address it.

And of course they turn a triple play.

Twins turn a triple play after Buxton runs down a hard hit ball to the warning track! It looked like it was Griffin Jax's turn to implode after giving up a double, hit batter, and game tying RBI single before the critical triple play got them out of a jam.

Oh wow. What a surprise, the bullpen managed to give away the lead. And to make matters even better, the whimpering manager decided it would be advantageous to go to the bullpen early, despite the fact that they have a starter scheduled to go tomorrow night who has struggled mightily to go more than 4 innings in almost every start.

Rocco needs to move Kepler down the order as him backing 4th or 5th is not cutting it. After batting .210 in 81 June at-bats, he is now 0-12 (including his 4 at-bats tonight) in July. His saving grace is that he tends to make contact/draw walks with 14 walks/16 K's in 93 at-bats. Nowhere near enough production to be batting cleanup.

Rocco needs to move Kepler down the order as him backing 4th or 5th is not cutting it. After batting .210 in 81 June at-bats, he is now 0-12 (including his 4 at-bats tonight) in July. His saving grace is that he tends to make contact/draw walks with 14 walks/16 K's in 93 at-bats. Nowhere near enough production to be batting cleanup.
Kepler has sucked for years. I've never understood the fascination.

Hell, he was batting leadoff for months straight hitting .220

Another night of anemic offense. Just brutal.

Arraez with the go ahead. Now add onto it.

Has the $20/mo Bally Sports + app for the Twins launched yet?

Top Bottom