All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'm seeing the same tweets as everyone else:

the Twins are supposedly "in" on Story. One writer said he heard the Twins may be the leading candidate to land Story.

And also hearing about trade talks with Oakland for a starting Pitcher. All depends on what Oakland wants. They just picked up some of Atlanta's top prospects in the Matt Olson deal, so their needs may have changed.

Oh - and just saw this heart-warming story.....

Josh Donaldson and Gerrit Cole reportedly had a "good conversation" after Donaldson reported to the Yankees' training camp.

Yah, I bet it was a good conversation.

"Sorry I called you a cheater......"

FWIW - MLB. Com writer like the mindset/ moves thus far

I'm seeing the same tweets as everyone else:

the Twins are supposedly "in" on Story. One writer said he heard the Twins may be the leading candidate to land Story.

And also hearing about trade talks with Oakland for a starting Pitcher. All depends on what Oakland wants. They just picked up some of Atlanta's top prospects in the Matt Olson deal, so their needs may have changed.
A rumor I've seen a few times is that other teams have interest in Story but many want him to play a different position. But he wants to stay at SS. That could help the Twins not only land him but possibly get him on a descent contract.

One thing is for sure it's a lot of fun when these trades and signings can only occur in a short period of time. It's the wild wild west right now.

sano, as part of a package, on the way there to fill their need at 1B? Frees up Sánchez to be the primary DH as well.
As much as I'm not really a Sano fan, I do not want Gary Sanchez as the primary DH.

As much as I'm not really a Sano fan, I do not want Gary Sanchez as the primary DH.
I'm with you on this. From what I see he appears to be a good guy, is getting better as a defensive player, but clearly hit and miss when it comes to batting.

I'm with you on this. From what I see he appears to be a good guy, is getting better as a defensive player, but clearly hit and miss when it comes to batting.
Hit and miss and miss and miss and miss and miss and miss and miss and….

The longer this goes, the more likely it is that Pohlad thinks it over and sees no reason why all that money should leave his pockets

The longer this goes, the more likely it is that Pohlad thinks it over and sees no reason why all that money should leave his pockets
buck up rug rat -

today we begin a new Story in the annals of the Twins

And possibly

Receive an A for our efforts to secure a frontline starter

yeah, its appearing it was a money play. Figured they had something lineup if they were going to use that cash savings.

I think the longer this drags on the better chance for us to Get Story as how many Serious suitors are still an option?

Don’t The Girls/Twins always get prettier at closing time!

Hurry up and pull the trigger Falvey. 5/$125 for Story and trade for one of the A's starters. If it doesn't work out, you can dump him on the Yankees in 2025.

I assume they continued their barrage of bullets by giving Story their "best" offer right out of the gate. His people said no. Now they're trying to get a deal and are going to end up with Jack Squat.

Last edited:

I assume they continued their barrage of bullets by giving Story their "best" offer right out of the gate. His people said no. Now they're trying to get a deal and are going to end up with Jack Squat.
Hope not. That’s a horrible negotiating strategy

Top Bottom