All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

That’s a pic of Story and if you read through the replies to the tweet, people are thinking it’s tease to announce Story being signed.

It would be silly for this to be on the Twins Twitter account if it isn’t happening.
That’s Kepler

On the Gray trade, 1st-round HS pitchers can be a mixed bag.

even for the most gifted HS kids, it's going to take 3 or 4 years of development before they can crack a major-league roster. And when you've got a kid that young throwing close to 100mph, there is a very high risk of injury.

my gut tells me the Twins saw a chance to get Gray at a decent salary for at least two years, while the next crop of pitching prospects gets closer to being ready.

Obviously, every team is in the same boat, but having no minor league season in 2020 set a lot of people back on their development. add the injuries that several pitching prospects had, and the timetable for getting some of these guys to the majors was set back by at least a couple of years.

Isn't that Kepler? Doubt you tweet a pic of him to hint that you just traded him. Probably some story about how he's "in the best shape of his life" etc.
Yes, that's Kepler. Right hand at the knob of the bat. Story bats right-handed. If Story holds a bat like that, I think I can help him make better, more solid contact.

Yes, that's Kepler. Right hand at the knob of the bat. Story bats right-handed. If Story holds a bat like that, I think I can help him make better, more solid contact.
RIght. The only way Kepler is involved in anything significant at this point is if we trade him for pitching but that would be an odd way to announce it.

Isn't that Kepler? Doubt you tweet a pic of him to hint that you just traded him. Probably some story about how he's "in the best shape of his life" etc.
Yeah I know it’s Kepler. Just thought it could mean some big news coming. Not necessarily about him specifically.

I was wrong, it’s probably nothing.

Apparently we can't outbid the Tigers with our bloated $85 million payroll.

OL done watching if they don’t sign Story and or get a real frontline starter. I’ll just focus on The Mets exclusively.
We have the foundation for a good team and just need to add a couple more pieces.
All I want at this point is a new GM. If going 62-100 will get him fired, bring it on. Unfortunately, I don't think it would.

All I want at this point is a new GM. If going 62-100 will get him fired, bring it on. Unfortunately, I don't think it would.
Any chance ARod and Lore could buy the Twins? That's the root of the problem. But budget concerns aside, the Falvine tandem hasn't done many things right in 5 years either.

Any chance ARod and Lore could buy the Twins? That's the root of the problem. But budget concerns aside, the Falvine tandem hasn't done many things right in 5 years either.
I'd love new owners. But I guarantee the Pohlads didn't tell Falvey his payroll budget was $85 million. He did this himself.

GTFO.
Sux it ‘Stros, Yanks and Sox

Last edited:

It was a joke regarding your lack of patience grasshopper - akin to a toddler’s 😉

I’m on EST, so sometimes my cosmic communication from Kirby is off on the timing, but Puck says to Buck (get it) up as we’re on the move and the “front office got us this year,” per Kirby
Boom Puck was right about the front office having our backs this year - his vision is slightly askew, so he missed the actual player, but he knows a “6” when he sees one and this ain’t Greg Gagne or even a Vince Gagne for that matter!
I thought the Twins were signing Trevor Story yesterday. What happened there?
Because they were waiting to sign Correra today, duh🍷💥🍾🎉🎊🍻

GTFO.
Sux it ‘Stros, Yanks and Sox

Does this mean no new chicken tenders at Target Field?

Also, holy $%%. Didn't see that coming.

So, it seems like Correa has options after the first and second year. So...it may only be a one year deal. Unless we're breaking the prospect bank and getting two Oakland starters this is all a bit odd. Fun but odd.

Does this mean no new chicken tenders at Target Field?
👎
Also, holy $%%. Didn't see that coming.
👍👍👍👍👍
That’s the beauty of this no one did -not even the professional bozos. In all the articles I read, we were only mentioned for Story. Most people thought he was gonna stay in Houston for a sort term deal like this one, at this juncture.

This also indicates to me we’re not done and will grab an arm or two as well, we got plenty to offer down on the farm!

Top Bottom