All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

let's not minimize this:

The Twins just traded their #1 draft pick from last year.

Like it or not, that is a move that would have never happened under the old Terry Ryan regime.

It sure looks as if the front office is trying to at least be competitive in '22 while they evaluate a lot of the top minor-league prospects. But, as the tweet referenced above notes, '23 could be interesting with the likes of Lewis, Martin and others as position players, and a number of pitching candidates who might be ready by then.

I know nobody likes to hear "wait till next year," but I think there is a plan in place here, as opposed to just throwing stuff at the wall.

let's not minimize this:

Like it or not, that is a move that would have never happened under the old Terry Ryan regime.

It sure looks as if the front office is trying to at least be competitive in '22 while they evaluate a lot of the top minor-league prospects. But, as the tweet referenced above notes, '23 could be interesting with the likes of Lewis, Martin and others as position players, and a number of pitching candidates who might be ready by then.

I know nobody likes to hear "wait till next year," but I think there is a plan in place here, as opposed to just throwing stuff at the wall.
fortunate favors the bold

Also, it sounds like Matt Canterino is ready to Go this year and was looking great in off-season workouts.
I can’t wait to see him carve up Triple A

Last edited:

let's not minimize this:

The pitcher they acquired yesterday was roughly ranked the same as Petty in the prospect rankings I saw yesterday. So you can argue they swapped Garver for IKF and Gray. That's not a bad trade (if the prospect pans out).

Last edited:

This guy is 33, and had a 4.2 ERA in the national league with the DH.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

I hope it works out.

Last edited:

I'm up and down with Pineda. Perhaps sign him at a lower salary with some good bonuses. He does have an upside so wouldn't want to rule him out.

This guy is 33, and had a 4.2 ERA in the national league with the DH.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

I hope it works out.
I think he was a little better than his numbers ended up being. A little unlucky it appears.

WTF are you doing, Twins?

Last edited:

Iglesias and Simmons have both signed. What exactly is the plan at SS?

Top Bottom