All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

You get 26 players. Period. There's no limit on # of pitchers/hitters that I'm aware of.

I believe they even changed the rule this year so they can forgo the DH when he pitches and he can continue to hit even after someone else comes in to pitch.

Txs.
The way I heard Bremer explain it was 13 of each, unless he meant a maximum of 13 pitchers only

The way I heard Bremer explain it was 13 of each, unless he meant a maximum of 13 pitchers only
Hmm. I guess you are correct. No limit for April but 13 for 5/1 forward. Since there is no rule currently that a position player can't pitch, I assume Ohtani is counted as a position player.

You get 26 players. Period. There's no limit on # of pitchers/hitters that I'm aware of.

I believe they even changed the rule this year so they can forgo the DH when he pitches and he can continue to hit even after someone else comes in to pitch.
From Opening Day through Aug. 31 there is a limit of 13 pitchers can be on a roster when we have 26 players. No more then that. Sept. 1 through the end of the regular season, all clubs must carry 28 players, with a limit of 14 pitchers.

From Opening Day through Aug. 31 there is a limit of 13 pitchers can be on a roster when we have 26 players. No more then that. Sept. 1 through the end of the regular season, all clubs must carry 28 players, with a limit of 14 pitchers.
I missed that rule. Does anybody know the reasoning for this? Seems like if a team wants to load up with all pitchers and like 1 bench guy, they should be able to make that call.

Hmm. I guess you are correct. No limit for April but 13 for 5/1 forward. Since there is no rule currently that a position player can't pitch, I assume Ohtani is counted as a position player.
I got one right!!!

Put through the Rocco calculations, 2 weeks just to be safe.
Nope. In two weeks we'll hear he's hitting balls off the tee. In three weeks we'll hear there's been a slight setback. June 1st.

Tweet from Strib beat writer Phil Miller:

"Twins planning no roster move, so Buxton won't be out long."

I take that to mean less than a week, because a trip to the 7-day IL would have required a roster move.

I hope it is only a week. Sigh of relief not season ending ACL.

I hope it is only a week. Sigh of relief not season ending ACL.
Thankfully not an ACL.

With Buxton’s injury history and what appear to be a normal looking slide along with his immediate reaction the concern it was an ACL wasn’t an overreaction.

Thankfully not an ACL.

With Buxton’s injury history and what appear to be a normal looking slide along with his immediate reaction the concern it was an ACL wasn’t an overreaction.
I didn't see the play, but just read on here. When he said the word "pop", was almost a death sentence. Very thankful it wasn't that. He's turned into my favorite player similar to Eric Curry. Just way to much effort to come back multiple times to not be a fan. At least for me.

If the Dodgers don't win the World Series, the entire season is essentially a failure. Managing Kershaw's workload with that goal in mind was the right thing to do. He was 100% on board with the move.
Exactly why pretty much no one watches or cares about baseball anymore.

Tweet from Strib beat writer Phil Miller:

"Twins planning no roster move, so Buxton won't be out long."

I take that to mean less than a week, because a trip to the 7-day IL would have required a roster move.
The IL is 10 days except for Covid IIRC.

Exactly why pretty much no one watches or cares about baseball anymore.
No one was watching a Twins/Dodgers game at noon on a Wednesday in April except die hard Twins/Dodgers fans. It has about zero national impact on MLB.

I didn't see the play, but just read on here. When he said the word "pop", was almost a death sentence. Very thankful it wasn't that. He's turned into my favorite player similar to Eric Curry. Just way to much effort to come back multiple times to not be a fan. At least for me.
He's become gun shy. Hopefully he doesn't become Xavier Rhodes who appeared near death 2-3 times/game but somehow came back in.

Ober looking good
Man he’s got a nice career in front of him -
Throws strikes and works fast🥰

Last in the division through Week 2.

Win Twins!!

Concerning start to the season with not a single guy batting over .300. Fortunately it is still early and nine games is just a drop in the bucket.

Unique 10A.M. start time tomorrow morning.

20 year old dominating in Japan. Regardless of the competition, that’s damn impressive.

Top Bottom