All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Quality at-bats ounce again. Lead off triple doesn’t score.

And once again no one understands the blocking the plate rule. Catcher was blocking the entire plate before the SS even threw the ball.

Quality at-bats ounce again. Lead off triple doesn’t score.

And once again no one understands the blocking the plate rule. Catcher was blocking the entire plate before the SS even threw the ball.
Cave should have slid right into the catcher. That’s the only way you will get those calls overturned. Rules that are subject to interpretation never works, that’s why PI in football is so stupid. Baseball is only supposed to have one rule subject to interpretation and that’s the strike zone. Trouble is now there are two.

I loved the white Sox crew saying “well the catcher has to go there to catch the ball. If he doesn’t put his leg there he can’t catch the ball.”

Cave should have slid right into the catcher. That’s the only way you will get those calls overturned. Rules that are subject to interpretation never works, that’s why PI in football is so stupid. Baseball is only supposed to have one rule subject to interpretation and that’s the strike zone. Trouble is now there are two.

I loved the white Sox crew saying “well the catcher has to go there to catch the ball. If he doesn’t put his leg there he can’t catch the ball.”
And that’s incredibly stupid. The rule is in place to avoid collisions and guys getting hurt. But to get the call you have to try to slide into the catcher? It just doesn’t make sense.

And that’s incredibly stupid. The rule is in place to avoid collisions and guys getting hurt. But to get the call you have to try to slide into the catcher? It just doesn’t make sense.
Yes that’s the only way to get there call..I agree it’s a terrible rule and something needs to change….that’s the only reason whoever it was against the twins got the call because he chose to slide into the catcher. He even said that postgame.

We’re tied for FiRST PlACE

I f don’t give 2 or even 3 farts 💨 if we’re barely above .500, it’s September and the stretch drive and to be in this position is a 🎁- do enjoy it my bitchy Twins fans, you’re not Detroit fans and besides Archer try might throw a no-no today at Yankee Stadium

Claudell Washington > Billy Hamilton

Bundy is tied with Ryan for team lead in innings pitched with 118.1 - he’s earned his keep this year and without him, we’re battling the Royals for third

I smell a blowout series for the Yankees. They will wake up and blowout the Twins each game. a 4 game Yankees sweep coming book it.

I am not sure how to feel about the twins injuries. Yea they have had a lot of people injured. The problem I have is it’s not new players that have been injured. Buxton is a chronic health issue. Mahle has know shoulder issues. Paddock had know should and arm issues. Alex Kiriloff had wrist issues last year that were not resolved. Miguel Sano has know issues staying healthy. While I agree it’s tough to win with that many key players injured. It is also true that maybe you should not build a team around walking wounded players. I get the internal players is one thing but some of the key trades you made were injured commodities. Again just not sure how much is their doing vs. just bad luck.

Last edited:

there is a weird vibe about this team.

after a good stretch early in the season, the Twins have been a .500 team, more or less, for quite a while. In another division, they would have no shot at the playoffs.

But, they don't choose their division. somebody in that division is going to win, and it might be the Twins.

However, if you follow the reaction on Twitter and social media, you would think this team is 20 games out of first place. the self-professed Twins 'fans' and a lot of the bloggers/podcast people seem to only be able to focus on the mistakes by the players, the manager and the front office.

Oh - for what it's worth - there are 30 teams in major league baseball.

as of today, 15 of those teams have a LOWER winning percentage than the Twins.

It's 2-2 in the bottom of the 6th out in the Bronx.

Trevor Magill throw a pitch right down the middle of the plate and guess what happen. Aaron Judge hit it for a 2 run homer. That homerun was coming from a mile away.

Trevor Magill throw a pitch right down the middle of the plate and guess what happen. Aaron Judge hit it for a 2 run homer. That homerun was coming from a mile away.

404ft to left. Though nobody needs to throw the pitch right down the middle for Judge to hit it out. That was his 54th of the season.

404ft to left. Though nobody needs to throw the pitch right down the middle for Judge to hit it out. That was his 54th of the season.
Will be interesting to see what his contract will be.

The must sign deal of all time, especially with my Mets now having an owner with a wallet that doesn't squeak.

after a good stretch early in the season, the Twins have been a .500 team, more or less, for quite a while. In another division, they would have no shot at the playoffs.

But, they don't choose their division. somebody in that division is going to win, and it might be the Twins.

However, if you follow the reaction on Twitter and social media, you would think this team is 20 games out of first place. the self-professed Twins 'fans' and a lot of the bloggers/podcast people seem to only be able to focus on the mistakes by the players, the manager and the front office.

Amazing the power Howie wields:)

I am not sure how to feel about the twins injuries. Yea they have had a lot of people injured. The problem I have is it’s not new players that have been injured. Buxton is a chronic health issue. Mahle has know shoulder issues. Paddock had know should and arm issues. Alex Kiriloff had wrist issues last year that were not resolved. Miguel Sano has know issues staying healthy. While I agree it’s tough to win with that many key players injured. It is also true that maybe you should not build a team around walking wounded players. I get the internal players is one thing but some of the key trades you made were injured commodities. Again just not sure how much is their doing vs. just bad luck.
The Twins may lead in "days on IL" but much of it has not hurt them (Sano) or was known well in advance (Maeda) or was easily foreseen (Buxton.) The front office foolishly traded for Paddock and then whiffed again on Mahle.

The only place they have legitimate case for sympathy is having both Larnach and Kiriloff go down at the same time which has led to way to much of Jake Cave and a worthless Kepler. Also Winder and Ober being out months with "minor" injuries. But at some point that's on the medical staff too.

The Twins may lead in "days on IL" but much of it has not hurt them (Sano) or was known well in advance (Maeda) or was easily foreseen (Buxton.) The front office foolishly traded for Paddock and then whiffed again on Mahle.

The only place they have legitimate case for sympathy is having both Larnach and Kiriloff go down at the same time which has led to way to much of Jake Cave and a worthless Kepler. Also Winder and Ober being out months with "minor" injuries. But at some point that's on the medical staff too.
First place. Some fans will bitch about anything.

First place. Some fans will bitch about anything.
4 games over .500. Will likely be .500 or below by week's end. Their record since late May is actually worse than the 2021 Twins were from late May onward. But throw a parade if you want.

Part

Part of that is the football culture where every game is the end of the world not a 162 game marathon.

2021 Twins record from 5/21-9/5: 44-49

2022 Twins record from 5/21-9/5: 45-49

Top Bottom