All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

The Yankees are playing almost all of their subs for this first game. Would be fitting that they still lose.

The twins bullpen has given up 73 homeruns which is 2nd highest among all of baseball. The whole idea that if a starter faces the top of the line-up a 3rd time and something bad will happen is stupid. They are pulled and replaced by the bullpen and something bad happens to the bullpen vs the starting pitcher. What the hell differnece does it make which pitcher chokes. Plus how are you supposed to developers starters when they never go 7 innings and are never allowed to face adversity?

The twins bullpen has given up 73 homeruns which is 2nd highest among all of baseball. The whole idea that if a starter faces the top of the line-up a 3rd time and something bad will happen is stupid. They are pulled and replaced by the bullpen and something bad happens to the bullpen vs the starting pitcher. What the hell differnece does it make which pitcher chokes. Plus how are you supposed to developers starters when they never go 7 innings and are never allowed to face adversity?
Starters are giving up an OPS of .881 the 3rd time through the lineup. Relievers overall are giving up a .710 OPS.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree in some circumstances. I probably would have let him go at least one more batter there too since he had been pitching so well.

Last edited:

And just like that down the shitter on a 1-2 pitch. You could have just left Louie in and let him give up the homer. You pull him at the first sight of any trouble.

80 bleeping pitches in 5.1 innings and he struck out 7. Just let him keep going especially when you have to play again tonight.

There was nothing wrong with that move today. Judge is the best hitter in baseball and took Louie deep the last time he was up. Jax did his job against Judge. The pitch that Torres hit out wasn't even a bad pitch, it was up and in and out of the strike zone. That's just Twins baseball against the Yankees...

Starters are giving up an OPS of .881 the 3rd time through the lineup. Relievers overall are giving up a .710 OPS.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree in some circumstances. I probably would have let him go at least one more batter there too since he had been pitching so well.
Not all starters are the same. They are just so afraid of what might happen vs looking at what is happening on the field. I honestly would rather see Louie pitch to judge give up the homerun and then see what he can do after that. Let’s build some “toughness” in younger pitchers.

Max Kepler can’t bat either. Strike out not even swinging with guys on the corner.

There was nothing wrong with that move today. Judge is the best hitter in baseball and took Louie deep the last time he was up. Jax did his job against Judge. The pitch that Torres hit out wasn't even a bad pitch, it was up and in and out of the strike zone. That's just Twins baseball against the Yankees...
Yeah no problem. You have now used all your best bullpen arms except for Duran all because of what might happen. Louie also struck him out the first time around, if you’re gonna give the negative you gotta give the positive. Maybe he strikes him out again gets through the 5th and the 6th and we only need to use 2 bullpen arms and not the 4 or more we are gonna need now.

Not all starters are the same. They are just so afraid of what might happen vs looking at what is happening on the field. I honestly would rather see Louie pitch to judge give up the homerun and then see what he can do after that. Let’s build some “toughness” in younger pitchers.

Max Kepler can’t bat either. Strike out not even swinging with guys on the corner.
Joe Ryan has thrown 100+ pitches in 3 of his last 5 starts so it's not like they aren't ever letting certain pitchers go past 80 pitches.

Yeah no problem. You have now used all your best bullpen arms except for Duran all because of what might happen. Louie also struck him out the first time around, if you’re gonna give the negative you gotta give the positive. Maybe he strikes him out again gets through the 5th and the 6th and we only need to use 2 bullpen arms and not the 4 or more we are gonna need now.

Or maybe he gives up the HR and Jax comes in and gives up another to Torres anyways and it's 4-3 and the game is already over.

There are plenty of days to complain about Rocco pulling a pitcher too early. Pulling a rookie pitcher in his first start against the best hitter in baseball after he tee'd off on him the last time up, in the 6th inning with a runner on and a 2 run lead isn't one of them.

Tommy Watkins sends Celestino home from 2nd on a single in the 10th and gets him thrown out by 10 feet.

Could have had 1st and 3rd with no outs. Provus is going nuts on the radio. basically saying the Twins are one of the worst base-running teams in the majors.

on the plus side, an ad just popped up on my screen from "Thrift Books," featuring a book titled "The Complete Book of Knife Fighting." sounds interesting.

Basically a vote of no confidence for Varland. I’d be livid if I were the kid. I couldn’t pitch for Rocco.

Can’t make it up

Tommy Watkins sends Celestino home from 2nd on a single in the 10th and gets him thrown out by 10 feet.

Could have had 1st and 3rd with no outs. Provus is going nuts on the radio. basically saying the Twins are one of the worst base-running teams in the majors.

on the plus side, an ad just popped up on my screen from "Thrift Books," featuring a book titled "The Complete Book of Knife Fighting." sounds interesting.

Stevie Wonder could do a better job than Watkins.

Or maybe he gives up the HR and Jax comes in and gives up another to Torres anyways and it's 4-3 and the game is already over.

There are plenty of days to complain about Rocco pulling a pitcher too early. Pulling a rookie pitcher in his first start against the best hitter in baseball after he tee'd off on him the last time up, in the 6th inning with a runner on and a 2 run lead isn't one of them.
So he was basically going to fail no matter what? That’s a good attitude. Are the twins in a worse position if Louie gives up the homer vs Jax? To me it’s a wash so why not see what the kid can do?

Last edited:

So he was basically honing to dial no matter what? That’s a good attitude. Are the twins in a worse position if Louie gives up the homer vs Jax? To me it’s a wash so why not see what the kid can do?

It's not a wash or an attitude. It was the right move that pretty much every manager would have made.

It's not a wash or an attitude. It was the right move that pretty much every manager would have made.
I disagree.

The reason I disagree is this team is in our heads. They are so far in our heads that they are sucking our brain cells one at a time.

This kid had no fear, was dealing, and when we bring in the bullpen against this team, it's been a disaster going into infinity.

They own us, have signed the papers, and this kid was not in awe at all. He was throwing hard and confident. Because of who we are playing and the way he was throwing, I let him pitch.

Last edited:

why did we have the infield in with two outs in the 9th? If they are playing normal that grounder is hit right at Correa and he throws him out at first.

See you next year guys, I've had enough.

I would like to suggest a new draft strategy for the Twins though. The first question to a potential prospect should be, are you in awe of the Yankees? If that player even pauses in answering, go to the next player on the list.

Just for the record, the Twins have not been favored in a game over the yankees in Vegas since Johan Santanna. Just laugh my ass off.

Of course the Yankees walk it off. We just can't beat these guys.

It was the perfect receipt to lose to the yankees.

You get good starting pitching
Score 2 but fail to add on
Play sloppy defense
Make mental errors on the base paths
Decimate your bullpen
And lose only to have to play again tonight.

It took Joe Ryan 34 pitchers to get through the 1st. Gonna be a long night.

Top Bottom