All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

during a recent game, they did one of those "in-game" interviews with Joe Ryan. A lot of the interview involved Glen Perkins talking to Ryan about developing his off-speed pitches and working on his breaking ball. Ryan admitted that he can't just get by long-term throwing a 92-mph fast ball. He needs a change-up and his slider needs to be a lot more consistent.

another situation where you wonder about the impact of losing the pitching coach mid-season. I think this Pete Maki guy is gone after the season.

This was pointed out on Reusse's podcast yesterday, Cleveland closes with a 6 game home series vs the Royals. You never know, but the Twins getting some major help from KC would seem unlikely.

Quite a schedule oddity, none of the contests are double headers. I presume this was due to the first 6 games of the season being postponed from the Labor Agreement delay.

The Twins end on the road with 3 in Detroit and then Chicago (AL).

This was pointed out on Reusse's podcast yesterday, Cleveland closes with a 6 game home series vs the Royals. You never know, but the Twins getting some major help from KC would seem unlikely.

Quite a schedule oddity, none of the contests are double headers. I presume this was due to the first 6 games of the season being postponed from the Labor Agreement delay.

The Twins end on the road with 3 in Detroit and then Chicago (AL).

Cleveland is 6-4 against the Royals so far this season.

Billy Hamilton is a Twin. they brought up Hamilton and LHP Austin Davis to be the 27th and 28th players on the roster. Davis was claimed on waivers from the Red Sox. This year, he has a 5.47 ERA through 54 1/3 innings, striking out 24% of batters but walking 11.4% of them.

Trevor Larnach has started a rehab assignment with Fort Meyers (low-A)

checking in on some rehabbing pitchers:

Randy Dobnak Thursday night for St. Paul Saints (AAA)
1.1 IP - 1H - 1ER - 4BB - 0K (4 Walks.........)

Bailey Ober Thurs night - Fort Meyers (low-A)
3 IP - 3H - 1ER - 0 BB - 3K - 1HR

Trevor Larnach did not play Thurs night. He is still expected to start a rehab stint soon.

I just don’t get Billy Hamilton. He couldn’t hit his way out of a paper bag and the twins have 27 stolen bases in 2022. Yeah he can play defense, but don’t you wanna guy that might get a hit. It’s not like with Billy all of a sudden they are gonna become the go-go twins. Seems like a wasted roster spot.

I just don’t get Billy Hamilton. He couldn’t hit his way out of a paper bag and the twins have 27 stolen bases in 2022. Yeah he can play defense, but don’t you wanna guy that might get a hit. It’s not like with Billy all of a sudden they are gonna become the go-go twins. Seems like a wasted roster spot.
He'll be able to pinch run late in games. At this point there really isn't any other good options of guys that are upgrades over the current everyday guys. He's at least a guy that can steal a base or easily go 1st to home on almost any extra base hit.

Reusse's theory is that the Billy Hamilton signing is a signal that Buxton could be out for a longer period of time, so the Twins want another defensive outfielder option.

or maybe he's here to give base-running lessons to Nick Gordon.

I like Gordon's bat, but on the bases, he's in Eddie Rosario territory.

Reusse's theory is that the Billy Hamilton signing is a signal that Buxton could be out for a longer period of time, so the Twins want another defensive outfielder option.

or maybe he's here to give base-running lessons to Nick Gordon.

I like Gordon's bat, but on the bases, he's in Eddie Rosario territory.
Or just a backup just in case.

The other option for the extra September spot is Contreras. I think we'd all prefer Hamilton over him.

Check out the comments. Yankees fans hate Donaldson. Rightfully so, he’s been awful.

6-0 Seattle over Cleveland

Talk about a chance to make some hay tonight.

Thank goodness the white Sox went with washed up Joe Kelly otherwise the twins would be in big trouble.

way to go Billy.

Why Nick Gordon was not ordered to take a pitch to allow Billy 2nd is stupid. Trying to steal 3rd with one out is almost stupid.

I just do not understand *attempting to* steal in those situations.

Our new guy who was thrown out at third was almost standing on 2nd base when he took of on the steal attempt. He couldn't have been more than four feet off the bag when he took off.

Weird

I just do not understand *attempting to* steal in those situations.
Cave's fly to the outfield would have scored him. The odds go way up to get the insurance run when on 3rd with one out.

I just can't believe how close he was to second base when he took off on the steal.

Cave's fly to the outfield would have scored him. The odds go way up to get the insurance run when on 3rd with one out.

I just can't believe how close he was to second base when he took off on the steal.

That's a good point. On the other hand....Hamilton is fast enough where a single could have scored him. And being at second....there's no double play to worry about.

Top Bottom