All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Twins up 5. But Pagan doing Pagan things. Will they win? 50/50...

Eventually you should have Ober, Winder, and Smeltzer too. Maybe even wait for it, Randy “Game two of the 2019 ALCS in yankee stadium” Dobnak.

There is no room on the roster for archer or pagan or Sanchez when you can only add 1 pitcher for September.
I was just saying as of right now. Ober is still a mystery and not sure when Winder returns. I’d rather have Archer start than Smeltzer. Dobnak is a big question mark.

Man inflation ain’t no joke. It used to be $.25 or a freezie pop.
In the 80s at that same Dundas ballpark, I got $0.10 for foul balls and $0.25 for HRs. Plenty of those out there with aluminum bats, though bombs to RF could could wind up in the Cannon River.

I had a lot of Mr Freeze pops in my day. Broke down and got 1 for old times sake the first weekend of the Tourney.

Last edited:

All Nick needed was a real opportunity.
I think they said he’s hitting .320 over his last 30 games or so. Keep his stick in the lineup and find a semi-permanent spot for him next year or trade him in the off season; if you keep him, him not being in the lineup is a rarity.
Please bat him before Kepler in any lineup.

All Nick needed was a real opportunity.
I think they said he’s hitting .320 over his last 30 games or so. Keep his stick in the lineup and find a semi-permanent spot for him next year or trade him in the off season; if you keep him, him not being in the lineup is a rarity.
No need to trade him. He's the new Eduardo Escobar (hopefully).

Winder's first outing in St. Paul:
4 IP - 2R - 4H - 2BB - 2K on 57 pitches.

and just for fun - Randy Dobnak's stats in his various rehab stints:
7 IP - 3R - 9H - (1HR) - 2BB - 6K - WHIP 1.571

No need to trade him. He's the new Eduardo Escobar (hopefully).

Do we thank Gio for Good year, jettison him and make Miranda our regular there sacked and put Louie at first permanently. Then Mick becomes Uber sub? Benefit is he can play both OF and IF competently IMO

Do we thank Gio for Good year, jettison him and make Miranda our regular there sacked and put Louie at first permanently. Then Mick becomes Uber sub? Benefit is he can play both OF and IF competently IMO
Gio has the clutch gene. We need that. I also doubt he brings much in a trade. I would keep both and rotate the DH between Arreaz and Miranda. Gordon will play OF mostly.

Looking ahead - (all of this could be rendered moot by future trades)

1B: Kirilloff (if healthy)/Miranda/Arraez
2B: Polanco/Arraez
3B: Urshela/Miranda
SS: ????? Correa if he returns - Lewis maybe sometime next Summer
LF: Larnach/Gordon
CF: Buxton????/Celestino
RF: Kepler/Garlick
C: Jeffers/Sanchez
DH: Miranda/Arraez

waiting in the wings: Captain Caveman/Wallner(OF), Palacios(IF)

big questions: health of Buxton. Correa contract. If no Correa, need a SS until Lewis returns

Lineup is pretty heavy on left-handed hitters.

big questions: health of Buxton. Correa contract. If no Correa, need a SS until Lewis returns

The last sentence is why Sano's career as a Twin going down the drain has created a big hole in the line-up against south paws.

great use of your cartoon knowledge
I forgot about Captain Cavey

Hope they are giving out hearing protection for the rockets Ryan has given up the first two innings.

During the great hot dog debate on tv Audra Martin commented she puts mustard, relish, onions, and Mayo on a hot dog. Where’s the FBI when you need them.

Hope they are giving out hearing protection for the rockets Ryan has given up the first two innings.
We just can't ever develop a pitcher who can be close to dominant and stay consistent.

It's just unreal. You get teased for awhile, and then bam.

We just can't ever develop a pitcher who can be close to dominant and stay consistent.

It's just unreal. You get teased for awhile, and then bam.
At no point in Joe Ryan’s life has he been considered a dominate starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. He’s a good pitcher but he is not the second coming of Greg Maddox and that should not be expected of him. Even on this twins rotation he’s the 3rd best currently and 4th best if Maeda is healthy.

How is Gordon thrown out at third after that bounce. I can’t believe that he was running out of the box. But man has he been a life saver the last few games.

So it goes. Shaky staring pitching, but the bullpen came in and pitched well. Would love to see Correa have a “signature” moment sometime and win a game for the twins.

Top Bottom