All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

Looks like the one of the Big Ten's #1 seeds and both of the #2 seeds will play a combined 5 games in the tournament.

Iowa looks like a team from Iowa. The fact that a team that plays no defense was top 3 in the big ten should’ve tipped people off the big ten might be a tad overrated

the fact that awful Minnesota beat 4 of the top 5 in the conference tells me those teams are good teams not great teams. I think the first tell that teams weren’t that good was when Purdue managed to finish so high. An inexperienced team with multiple non conference losses finishing 4th tells me there weren’t 4-5 national title contenders in the conference.

I thought Illinois was the best of the bunch, but even they had losses to mediocre Maryland, Missouri, Michigan state

Embarrassment for the Big Ten. Al lof our teams are getting handled, not looking very premier. Wat is our huge weakness? Style of play?

Iowa looks like a team from Iowa. The fact that a team that plays no defense was top 3 in the big ten should’ve tipped people off the big ten might be a tad overrated

the fact that awful Minnesota beat 4 of the top 5 in the conference tells me those teams are good teams not great teams. I think the first tell that teams weren’t that good was when Purdue managed to finish so high. An inexperienced team with multiple non conference losses finishing 4th tells me there weren’t 4-5 national title contenders in the conference.

I thought Illinois was the best of the bunch, but even they had losses to mediocre Maryland, Missouri, Michigan state
And we STILL finished in 13th place.

I'm torn on this game.

On one hand, I love to see Fran melt down and hawkeye fans cry.

On the other hand, I do not want to see any further success from the PAC 10 because Bill Walton drives me bonkers and I can't stand his crowing.

Bill Walton is the best! I hope that he gets interviewed, so he can wax poetically with non-sequiturs regarding The Conference of Champions.

Looks like Iowa is going down to the fighting ducks ~ What's happening with the Big 10? Needs to change next year.

And we STILL finished in 13th place.
Yup

I don’t think conference is as bad as they are showing.

Iowa would probably beat Loyola (Illinois can’t shoot)
Illinois wouldn’t be athletically overwhelmed by Oregon like Iowa seems to be

Had the conference tricked itself into playing a particular style, which conf teams have to do to win long term in the conf, but short term in the tourny it doesn’t play well?

I think this is going to hurt the Big 10 chances of getting tournament bids next season. I mean some really eye-popping ball will have to be played to get this kind of respect again. Hurts the Gophers chances even more.

Was hoping the conference would show out big and raise the stock but our stock has plummeted after this. Big yikes.

I think this is going to hurt the Big 10 chances of getting tournament bids next season. I mean some really eye-popping ball will have to be played to get this kind of respect again. Hurts the Gophers chances even more.

Was hoping the conference would show out big and raise the stock but our stock has plummeted after this. Big yikes.
They don't look at prior years. Their will be a normal non-conference next year. If we do well, we will get our share of bids.

On the plus side, at least we aren't out there getting bodied. Maybe in some weird sick way we can spin this to create more buzz, have to think it would be kind of hard for teams like Iowa to get elite recruits after getting embarrassed like this. Maybe they dip a bit with recruiting and we can get a slight edge. Probably not but I'm trying to find some positives lol.

On the plus side, at least we aren't out there getting bodied. Maybe in some weird sick way we can spin this to create more buzz, have to think it would be kind of hard for teams like Iowa to get elite recruits after getting embarrassed like this. Maybe they dip a bit with recruiting and we can get a slight edge. Probably not but I'm trying to find some positives lol.

Or garza, bohanon, and all 5 wisconsin starters return.

Going to be tough for Maryland. Up to Michigan
No gimmee for them either. Wolverines a 5 pt favorite. Maryland 5.5 dog.

Last edited:

Fran will be back on the hot seat this time next year. What a waste of talent 🤣

Maybe The Big 10 moving the Conf Tourney to Indy has backfired. All of them are playing like a 3rd week there is too much to handle. Maybe they also just don't have any gas in the tank.

Maybe The Big 10 moving the Conf Tourney to Indy has backfired. All of them are playing like a 3rd week there is too much to handle. Maybe they also just don't have any gas in the tank.
Could just be teams that beat you up but can’t shoot have a hard time winning against good teams more than about 50% of the time. Meaning you’re on pace to lose in round 2-3 every time.

Iowa being the exception to this theory

Top Bottom