All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

Alabama chokes away the game at the FT line.

Three PAC-12 teams going to the Elite 8 with a chance at all three in the Final 4. Impressive.

Awesome inbounds play by Oats. Screener ended up open at the top of the key for the game tying shot. Released wings down both sides to clear space.
Bad defense by the Bruins allowing the initial pass almost to halfcourt. They would have been better off having a player on the baseline contesting the pass.

They will all be > 5 point underdogs.
Hou -8
Mich. -7.5
Gonzaga will be -13 or more whoever wins the last matchup.

Probably hammer the Zags giving the points and would lean Houston and ucla to cover the other 2. (If you saw my bracket you would not trust these picks)

Turns out Drew Peterson made a pretty smart move in dumping Minnesota for USC. The young fella can ball. And the Trojans have looked amazing this whole tournament.

Isaiah Mobley looks better than Evan tonight. Evan is very very skilled though. Excellent passer.

Hou -8
Mich. -7.5
Gonzaga will be -13 or more whoever wins the last matchup.

Probably hammer the Zags giving the points and would lean Houston and ucla to cover the other 2. (If you saw my bracket you would not trust these picks)
USC looks awfully good. Not sure I'd give 13 against them.

I’d take Gonzaga -13 against anyone left in the tourney besides Baylor

Sounds like Livers is officially out for the rest of the tournament. No way Michigan beats Gonzaga without him.

A&M has also had some moments in college MBB.

And SMU was getting going there a few years ago.

So yeah, fairly loaded it would seem at the moment! Just TCU that is dragging?
Rice has been pretty bad, though they did finish above .500 overall this year. That was for only the 3rd time since joining Conf USA in 2005.

No NCAA Tourney since 1970.

Sounds like Livers is officially out for the rest of the tournament. No way Michigan beats Gonzaga without him.
Really a tough break for them. I mean....they still could win if everything breaks right....but they had a real shot with the full lineup.

Overall, pretty underwhelming day of hoops. I thought Mich/FSU & Ore/USC would be great games but they were duds. Bama/UCLA was exciting, but not particularly well played.

I wish they could somehow get small pep bands in the house. Get like a dozen kids vaccinated for each school. Another option, dress up a few Purdue or Indiana kids in whatever school's gear and let 'em play.

Katz pointed out, there's only 1 Elite 8 school located EAST of the Mississippi River (Michigan). Amazing.

Last edited:

Yeah I don't think with Mobley factoring in that USC will get 13 for that one. Maybe like 10 or 11
Opens at Zags -9 ended up being more of a runaway win than I was expecting vs oregon. Usc has cruised but Gonzaga looks like they are playing a different sport.

Opens at Zags -9 ended up being more of a runaway win than I was expecting vs oregon. Usc has cruised but Gonzaga looks like they are playing a different sport.
Yes they do. 26 wins in a row by 12 points or more. That has not been done in 60 years.

Rice has been pretty bad, though they did finish above .500 overall this year. That was for only the 3rd time since joining Conf USA in 2005.

No NCAA Tourney since 1970.
Rice! Classic. Forgot about them as well.

Top Bottom