All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

The Beavers did catch a break with Arizona being on probation and getting yanked from the PAC 12 Tourney. It allowed them to move up from the #6 seed to the #5, and with only 11 teams in field got a 1st Rd bye.

Who knows how it would have played out, but they did avoid 4 games/4 days in Vegas. They made the most of it. A trip to the Final 4 would have been right out of a Hollywood script.
Will be interesting to see if the Beavs can actually making something lasting out of this.

Oregon State seems to be one of the lowliest athletic departments in the PAC overall, in terms of facilities and wins in major programs.

Will be interesting to see if the Beavs can actually making something lasting out of this.

Oregon State seems to be one of the lowliest athletic departments in the PAC overall, in terms of facilities and wins in major programs.

I think Nike chips them off some bucks, but much smaller than Oregon.

Great baseball program, props for that, especially when you would think that the California/Arizona schools would have a big advantage in terms of climate and natural recruiting areas.

I think Nike chips them off some bucks, but much smaller than Oregon.

Great baseball program, props for that, especially when you would think that the California/Arizona schools would have a big advantage in terms of climate and natural recruiting areas.
I remember reading something where the Or St head football coach was preparing to leave the PAC preseason media days, heading to the airport to catch his commercial flights. And Chip Kelly was like "we have an open seat on the private jet, if you wanna just come back with us".

After reading the wiki post provided my response to Sampson's prior activities was can he or has he changed?

Are excessive phone calls are even considered a violation anymore? Anybody even bother to answer when their texting/social media device starts ringing?

Are excessive phone calls are even considered a violation anymore? Anybody even bother to answer when their texting/social media device starts ringing?
Do kids even know what to do these days with a "phone call"?? I think they need human contact to be in the form of a SnapTikApp thingy, or what have you.

Can someone who broke a then civil law now be absolved of their violations because 10 years later the law has been changed?

I suspect Syracuse would have taken them out.

Depends if it was the Syracuse from the first weekend, or the they way they played Saturday and the rest of the regular season. No doubt, Rutgers was also inconsistent as well, it would have been a near toss up IMO.

Truly the most boring tournament I've ever 'watched'. Who set these brackets?

Truly the most boring tournament I've ever 'watched'. Who set these brackets?

No way. There were some amazing upsets! Now that we are to the 8, the cream is definitely separating. If Michigan wins later, the Top 3 are clearly in the Final Four. Should be some good FF matchups and a really exciting title game!

Gonzaga’s set the bar pretty high moving forward for College Basketball. One of the most well rounded teams I’ve seen at this level. 20 years in the making, hopefully they see it out.

No way. There were some amazing upsets! Now that we are to the 8, the cream is definitely separating. If Michigan wins later, the Top 3 are clearly in the Final Four. Should be some good FF matchups and a really exciting title game!
Maybe I'm just unlucky, but few of the games have watched have had the kind of close, well played games I enjoy. An upset isnt necessarily interesting. Sorry, an elite 8 game that is a blow out is a disappointment.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but few of the games have watched have had the kind of close, well played games I enjoy. An upset isnt necessarily interesting. Sorry, an elite 8 game that is a blow out is a disappointment.

I can see your point. But I still think we are setting up for a very high quality Final Four

I can see your point. But I still think we are setting up for a very high quality Final Four

And, at least for me, upsets in the tourney excite me more than close games. If I can get a close game that's an upset, that's heaven.

Gonzaga’s set the bar pretty high moving forward for College Basketball. One of the most well rounded teams I’ve seen at this level. 20 years in the making, hopefully they see it out.
It answers the question of what a coach like Few could do with the best roster in the country.

watching this, I don't see any way Gonzaga doesn't beat either of these teams by 15+

Top Bottom