All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Breeland is one of the worst I've seen.

Mack Alexander isn't much better. And what the hell was with his dumbass white socks?? I hope he gets fined for having a non-matching uniform, which is an NFL requirement outside of things like shoes, gloves, and visors.
Those all purple uni's yesterday...yuck. Gold numbers make it even worse.

That play singlehandedly made me think, "damn, I never want that dude on my team". What a clown show. You have less than a minute, you have to drive 90+ yards to score a game-tying touchdown, and you have to pose WITH THE BALL PREVENTING THE OFFICIAL FROM SPOTTING IT because you caught a short pass?? Seriously?
He also infamously said - few weeks ago that the team would play better if they had music at practice; Tomlinson shrugged it off at the time and then torched him in their postgame comments after rallying to beat the Ravens.
Methinks Mr. Claypool’s steel city career is coming to an end.

Never embarrassed to win a football game in the NFL, I never understood that mentality. They put up 36 points against a fairly stout Steelers defense that had only given up more than 27 points twice previously this year. They could/should have won more comfortably but you can say that with most of their games this year; could have, should have...
That Steelers Iron Curtain usually includes TJ Watt. Watching their Ravens game last Sunday (with more then a casual interest from the Aria book) he was a beast. Losing him early last night was akin to the Vikings without Danielle Hunter.

They had a guy on sports talk radio today who is a steelers analyst on he said that in the second half the steelers bracketed JJ and took him away from the offense. They did not do this in the first half.

I am simply amazed at stuff like this. With Theilen out and the steelers knowing ahead of time that he was out, how the hell do they not do that from play number 1?

Last edited:

Just a question:

The last TD put the Vikings up 15 before the PAT.

Why not go for 2 and try to make it a 3 score game? It was the 4th quarter, and it really isn't chasing points.

Just a question:

Why not go for 2 and try to make it a 3 score game? It was the 4th quarter, and it really isn't chasing points.
funny, I texted my brother the exact same thing. Up 15 or 16, they can still tie it. If we don't kick the extra point and go for 2 and don't get it, they will kick and go for the tie.

I guess one could say though that it's tougher for them to get a second two pointer than an extra point.

funny, I texted my brother the exact same thing. Up 15 or 16, they can still tie it. If we don't kick the extra point and go for 2 and don't get it, they will kick and go for the tie.

I guess one could say though that it's tougher for them to get a second two pointer than an extra point.
I take it a step further. I've always been a huge proponent of going for two if you have a 1-pt lead and score a TD fairly late, and I mean like just 1-3 minutes left. 9 points essentially ends the game, theoretically you have the defense already on its heels because you just scored. It's an unpopular take, but I think it's almost a no-brainer.

I want to say Claeys did that during his time? Memory fails me but I thought so

Just a question:

Did you see the Vikes pathetic attempts at 2pt conversions the week before? Please, Zim, no more 2pt conversions.

thr acThat Steelers Iron Curtain usually includes TJ Watt. Watching their Ravens game last Sunday (with more then a casual interest from the Aria book) he was a beast. Losing him early last night was akin to the Vikings without Danielle Hunter.
FWIW - per the broadcast the Steelers were 22nd in total yards allowed:; no
That Steelers Iron Curtain usually includes TJ Watt. Watching their Ravens game last Sunday (with more then a casual interest from the Aria book) he was a beast. Losing him early last night was akin to the Vikings without Danielle Hunter.
16 sacks in 10 games - prior to the Vikes game was a pace to break Strahan’s single season sack record.

per the broadcast the Steelers D was 22nd in yards allowed prior to the Vikes game .

I take it a step further. I've always been a huge proponent of going for two if you have a 1-pt lead and score a TD fairly late, and I mean like just 1-3 minutes left. 9 points essentially ends the game, theoretically you have the defense already on its heels because you just scored. It's an unpopular take, but I think it's almost a no-brainer.

I want to say Claeys did that during his time? Memory fails me but I thought so
Claeys did that against Illinois I believe in 2015.

Did you see the Vikes pathetic attempts at 2pt conversions the week before? Please, Zim, no more 2pt conversions.
That and the other team has to make two conversions. I would take my chances on them not doing so. Going up 9 is a different discussion.

So almost every NFC playoff or fringe team won. Makes the week a wash for us. Going to be a tight race to the postseason.

Falcons and Saints won as well, so they are right behind us.

But after looking at the playoff picture, we actually did move up 1 spot and WFT down one. So we could replace them next week. But I would assume we will need to win out from here.

Scary moment in that opening drive for Chargers. Essentially non-contact but a player was completely paralyzed for a while. Really looked like fencing position. Not good at all.

Scary moment in that opening drive for Chargers. Essentially non-contact but a player was completely paralyzed for a while. Really looked like fencing position. Not good at all.
Fencing position?

Sounds like Eagles vs Team is being postponed to Tuesday. So much for the NFL's hard-line stance on that...

Sounds like Eagles vs Team is being postponed to Tuesday. So much for the NFL's hard-line stance on that...
I don't really want to defend the shield, but to be fair, "the NFL's hard-line" stance would have been if outbreaks were due to unvaccinated players or breaking protocols. The way I understand it the games that are being ppd (Vegas-Cle was moved from Sat to Mon), involve vaccinated players and staff.

The new variant has forced modifications. Things change.

I'm cool with it. One of the benefits of Covid season last year was sometimes we got football almost every day of the week!

I will look forward to some Tuesday football.

I'm cool with it. One of the benefits of Covid season last year was sometimes we got football almost every day of the week!

I will look forward to some Tuesday football.
When the Steelers/Ravens met on a Wednesday last year, that ensured the NFL had a game played throughout the season on all 7 days of the week (not the same week).

Queue the Happy Days theme song...

Sunday (traditional)
Monday Night Football
Tuesday - make up games
Wednesday - make up game
Thursday Night & Thanksgiving Day
Friday - Christmas Day (Vikes/Saints)
Saturdays - late season

Top Bottom