All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Jesus.

The perverse freakshow gets to continue for another week.

Should have been a TD. Perfect throw

They had no TO with 2:30 left, starting on their own 4.

Can’t make it up!

Zimmer looked tired, exhausted and had that get me out of here look whenever they'd flash to him on the sidelines in the 4th quarter.

And again, he teaches defensive backs and is supposed to be this db guru, and I swear there were at least three times last night where a ball is right there to be knocked down by a defender, and it's almost like our guys will get an electric shock from the ball if they touch it. It was unreal how many of those we see.

I won't blame Ziggy if he pulls the plug anyway. In fact I'd prefer it.
No chance.

Well, seems like no chance. Now, if they had lost, I think they'd have to pull the plug. Stadium might be ripped apart.

But, on paper, they can still make the playoffs.

I really think if they win in Chicago, they can come home and win the day after Xmas against the Rams ... and then just ruin it the most Vikings way possible.

Zimmer looked tired, exhausted and had that get me out of here look whenever they'd flash to him on the sidelines in the 4th quarter.

And again, he teaches defensive backs and is supposed to be this db guru, and I swear there were at least three times last night where a ball is right there to be knocked down by a defender, and it's almost like our guys will get an electric shock from the ball if they touch it. It was unreal how many of those we see.
Also defense looked like it was playing "2 hand touch" instead of tackle on the play with less than 20 seconds left around the 15 yd line, allowing the Steeler receiver to skip out of bounds. Bring him down to to the ground, game over.

Never embarrassed to win a football game in the NFL, I never understood that mentality. They put up 36 points against a fairly stout Steelers defense that had only given up more than 27 points twice previously this year. They could/should have won more comfortably but you can say that with most of their games this year; could have, should have...

The team has some major holes right now, no doubt about that. Never know what you're going to get; they could win the last 4 games, they could lose the last 4 games, neither would surprise me (although losing twice to the Bears would be a little shocking).

Anyone notice that it was Kendricks that purposefully knocked the ball out of his hands, to waste time?? I was worried they were going to flag him, but they didn't notice.

Ended up being a very savvy, veteran move!

Wasn't Buffalo's comeback over the Houston Oilers a bigger margin? That was postseason though.
I remember that game, as Frank Reich (I wonder if his nickname was third growing up)was at the helm as Kelly was hurt IIRC; it is/was the biggest playoff comeback ever. I think isn’t was in the 26-28 range
Never a doubt. I was having flashbacks to the Jug game in '03.

Also defense looked like it was playing "2 hand touch" instead of tackle on the play with less than 20 seconds left around the 15 yd line, allowing the Steeler receiver to skip out of bounds. Bring him down to to the ground, game over.
At that point, I was actually cheering for the Steelers.

I dont even know what to say about this game other than that Zim needs to go. Hes supposed to be a defensive wizard, thats why hes a head coach. They are a bad defensive team two years in a row, with a lot of highly paid players.

I dont even know what to say about this game other than that Zim needs to go. Hes supposed to be a defensive wizard, thats why hes a head coach. They are a bad defensive team two years in a row, with a lot of highly paid players.
Continuing to run Breeland out there is the definition of insanity. Cam Dantzler's not great, but he's better than Breeland and it's not close.

I remember that game, as Frank Reich (I wonder if his nickname was third growing up)was at the helm as Kelly was hurt IIRC; it is/was the biggest playoff comeback ever. I think isn’t was in the 26-28 range
I went and looked it up, the Oilers gave up a 32 pt lead, it was 35-3 at one stage. Crazy about Reich, he also lead the Terps to a 31 point rally over the Hurricanes (with Kosar) in college.

Continuing to run Breeland out there is the definition of insanity. Cam Dantzler's not great, but he's better than Breeland and it's not close.
Breeland is awful. No wonder the Chiefs didnt want him back. If he was ever good, he washed now

At that point, I was actually cheering for the Steelers.
Everyone loves an underdog story. How can you not cheer for a team that is about to overcome a 29 point deficit. Even if it betrays your team lol.

This was the Vikings season in a nutshell.

in the first half, they showed how good this team can look when everyone plays up to their potential.

in the second half, they showed how bad this team can look when everyone plays down to their lowest common denominator.

If there is such a thing as a bad win, that was a bad win.

If Ziggy was on the fence about making changes, the second half of that game should remove all doubt.

The problem with the staff are well documented, but mark my words, a new staff with Kirk Cousins at the helm is still going to be a problem. He has no feel for the game. Won't take chances at times chances are warranted and then then makes a couple of throws last night when no throw should have been made.

I know, I know his numbers look great this year, but they have in the past. He is not a winner and never has been. He executes only under the best possible conditions.

Anyone notice that it was Kendricks that purposefully knocked the ball out of his hands, to waste time?? I was worried they were going to flag him, but they didn't notice.

Ended up being a very savvy, veteran move!

That play singlehandedly made me think, "damn, I never want that dude on my team". What a clown show. You have less than a minute, you have to drive 90+ yards to score a game-tying touchdown, and you have to pose WITH THE BALL PREVENTING THE OFFICIAL FROM SPOTTING IT because you caught a short pass?? Seriously?

Breeland is one of the worst I've seen.

Mack Alexander isn't much better. And what the hell was with his dumbass white socks?? I hope he gets fined for having a non-matching uniform, which is an NFL requirement outside of things like shoes, gloves, and visors.

I went and looked it up, the Oilers gave up a 32 pt lead, it was 35-3 at one stage. Crazy about Reich, he also lead the Terps to a 31 point rally over the Hurricanes (with Kosar) in college.

thanks for the effort.
Ah. Smiling at my sushi happy hour now.
Charlie Jones and Todd Christenson we’re a great booth and had a wonderful call as that insanity unfolded

Top Bottom