All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Both of these teams suck balls.

Akeem Hicks walking through the middle of our offensive line for what seems like a decade never gets old.
You would think the GM after seeing him manhandle our OL would draft players to stop that, but it just continues to be the same old sh!t blocking.

Offense gained 193 yards (3.2 yards a play) against an all backup secondary.

Odd that the Bears didn't get a shot at PAT on that last score. I didn't have action, but a kick would have allowed a push on Bears +7, 2 point conversion a cover.

If the NFL accepts the sponsorship deals with sports books and Fan Duel, seems fishy that such an attempt isn't allowed.

That was some ugly football tonight. And wouldn't ya know it. Another one score game when all was said and done 😂

The OL, especially the interior, has been horrible for a decade. It's great to see some things never change.

Odd that the Bears didn't get a shot at PAT on that last score. I didn't have action, but a kick would have allowed a push on Bears +7, 2 point conversion a cover.

If the NFL accepts the sponsorship deals with sports books and Fan Duel, seems fishy that such an attempt isn't allowed.
It isn't "fishy," they implemented this rule (or policy) change a few years ago. They no longer extend games for conversions that cannot impact the outcome of a game. Just like in OT, if you score a winning TD, the game is over and there is no point after try.

The Vikings will end up beating the Rams at home on a very short week for LA. They will then lose to the Packers next week.

It's all setting up for the Vikings to choke against the Bears in the final week and miss the playoffs. The perfect ending to this season.
If they lose to the packers.........that will be all she wrote.

We will then beat the Bears for shits and giggles. You know, just so we can drop 5 spots in the draft. It would be the most perfect time to play Kellen Mond, but they won't.

Last edited:

It isn't "fishy," they implemented this rule (or policy) change a few years ago. They no longer extend games for conversions that cannot impact the outcome of a game. Just like in OT, if you score a winning TD, the game is over and there is no point after try.
they must have done that after the New Orleans miracle. I remember some Saints running back out on the field as they had to do the extra point. I remember thinking how dumb that was. We just snapped the ball and took a knee. On the other hand, Case Keenum did the Skol chant with the fans and that was awesome.

If they lose to the packers.........that will be all she wrote.
Except that's not true, there's a lot of games to be played yet.

If the Seahawks beat the Rams today, the Vikings could beat the Rams and lose to the Packers and there's a real possibility the last playoff spot would come down to the final week, either the Vikings or the outcome of the Rams vs 49ers.

Last edited:

I get that it's the rule, just think it's bogus. It did impact the outcome, for whomever bet the spread or had the Bears kicker in their Fantasy League.

That's a substantial part of the viewing audience (especially in a craptastic game like last night), should play it out in my opinion.

I get that it's the rule, just think it's bogus. It did impact the outcome, for whomever bet the spread or had the Bears kicker in their Fantasy League.

That's a substantial part of the viewing audience (especially in a craptastic game like last night), should play it out in my opinion.
Your post said it was "Odd that the Bears didn't get a shot at PAT on that last score" and that it seemed "fishy." I took those descriptions as conveying a sense that you thought there was something unfair, untoward or suspicious that occurred. I assumed, incorrectly apparently, that you weren't aware of the relatively new rule. You now say you know the rule and I guess chose to use "odd" and "fishy" to simply mean that you wish the rule was different.

You are certainly entitled not to like the rule, but it strikes me as strange that you would decscribe enforcement of the rule as "odd" and "fishy" when it was neither. And, of course, assuming roughly equal action on both sides of the line, there were likely just as many people who benefited from the application of the rule as were injured by it.

Your post said it was "Odd that the Bears didn't get a shot at PAT on that last score" and that it seemed "fishy." I took those descriptions as conveying a sense that you thought there was something unfair, untoward or suspicious that occurred. I assumed, incorrectly apparently, that you weren't aware of the relatively new rule. You now say you know the rule and I guess chose to use "odd" and "fishy" to simply mean that you wish the rule was different.

You are certainly entitled not to like the rule, but it strikes me as strange that you would decscribe enforcement of the rule as "odd" and "fishy" when it was neither. And, of course, assuming roughly equal action on both sides of the line, there were likely just as many people who benefited from the application of the rule as were injured by it.
The odd and fishy part is not the enforcement of the rule. My contention is that sports wagering and FFL are enriching the league through sponsorships and driving ratings. The outcome was impacted by what I feel was an arbitrary rule change.

In the end, thems the breaks.
Merry Christmas, all those that bet the Vikes -7 got their Christmas gift early. Even though PATs have been attempted on every regulation TD until 2018, they win.

Except that's not true, there's a lot of games to be played yet.

If the Seahawks beat the Rams today, the Vikings could beat the Rams and lose to the Packers and there's a real possibility the last playoff spot would come down to the final week, either the Vikings or the outcome of the Rams vs 49ers.
It was odd how many times the MNF broadcasters said the Vikings needed to win all 3 to get in the playoffs.

that game was so bad it was funny. they should turn it into an episode of "Mystery Science Theatre" with the robots in front of the screen making snarky comments.

Here's a cool simulator you can play around with. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...phi-dal-18=loss&ari-sea-18=win&lar-sf-18=loss

Trying to pick realistic outcomes it boils down to this if the Vikings can go 2-1 down the stretch with their only loss being to the Packers.

They need the Saints to lose one, and they have a pretty easy schedule ahead.

They need the Rams to lose tonight, and then the Vikings obviously need to beat them next week. The Rams then have two games left, at Baltimore and at home against the 49ers, and both are not an easy feat. The Rams would have to lose out if the Saints win out. If the Rams win tonight, this scenario is eliminated.

The easiest path is the Vikings going 2-1 and the Saints just have to lose 1 of their last 3, and the Vikings are in. The Vikings could still make it if they only win 1 more game and the Saints drop 2.

The Saints beating the Bucs was very bad for the Vikings on Sunday.

Last edited:

Here's a cool simulator you can play around with. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...phi-dal-18=loss&ari-sea-18=win&lar-sf-18=loss

Trying to pick realistic outcomes it boils down to this if the Vikings can go 2-1 down the stretch with their only loss being to the Packers.

They need the Rams to lose tonight, and then the Vikings obviously need to beat them next week. The Rams then have two games left, at Baltimore and at home against the 49ers, and both are not an easy feat. The Rams would have to lose out if the Saints win out. If the Rams win tonight, this scenario is eliminated.

The easiest path is the Vikings going 2-1 and the Saints just have to lose 1 of their last 3, and the Vikings are in. The Vikings could still make it if they only win 1 more game and the Saints drop 2.

The Saints could easily lose to the Dolphins next Monday though. They have some sort of voo doo on Tom Brady, but they're really not that great.

The Saints could easily lose to the Dolphins next Monday though. They have some sort of voo doo on Tom Brady, but they're really not that great.

I don't think they are that good either, especially with Hill at QB. But home vs Dolphins, home vs Panthers and @Falcons to end the season isn't exactly murderers row.

Apparently I misinterpreted something wrong yesterday but now if the Vikings lose a game in the next 3 weeks, they would need the Saints to lose 2, and the Eagles to lose at least 1 to get in.

I do not want to see the Vikes make the playoffs, because that might convince Ziggy to keep Zim and Spielman around.

I want a major shakeup of the front office.

But given how this team plays, I don't think I'll have to worry too much. There is no way this team is beating the Rams and the Packers.

Top Bottom