All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

It was his fielding that got him in trouble. Up 3 in the 9th, 1 out and runner is on first. Dribbler to the mound, take the sure out! Kepler's was a tough fly ball, but should have had it.
Correct - if you're the pitcher you never go to 2 on that play with that game situation as that runner is meaningless at that point.

I still think his cutter looked flat and wasn't impressed by it, but it's only one outing.

They scored Kepler's drop a single OMG, they even counted those as errors where I played Little League.

Brutal game. Even watching on DVR it took 2 hours to get through. Colome should be be closing, even though that was mainly on the defense.

And of course Donaldson getting hurt literally 2 minutes into the season is the most MN sports thing ever.

What the Buck!!!

I'm taping the basketball game as I've never seen both pitchers have a no no through 6 innings.

Last edited:

Maybe Robles gets a chance down the road?

Shorter spring training, so sloppy ball maybe the first week or so.

Much sharper today - crisp game.

One hit shutout combined for Twins pitching and almost set a single game record for strikeout also, we ended up with 17; the record is 19, via Santana (17) & Nathan (2)

Not a good inning for the Twins. Baldelli wasted a challenge on a play that was no where near close. Then Byron Buxton leave the game with a injury.

Not a good inning for the Twins. Baldelli wasted a challenge on a play that was no where near close. Then Byron Buxton leave the game with a injury.
Didn’t allow them to challenge when Polanco was safe at second too. Buxton has migraines so hoping it’s just that.

Sixth is a very good inning. Love Sano went opposite field for his homer and Max had a two run scoring single.

3 games in and Donaldson and Buxton are already missing games. I wouldn't have even guessed it would have been that quick.

For those that are not getting FSN/Bally's due to cutting the cord, the game today does not appear to be blacked out on ESPN.

Anyone else think the Bally's logo looks kind of like the sideview of a ballsack and dong? Once you see it you won't be able to unsee it.

Arraez looks amazing at the dish so far - seems like he just tweaked something today in his third AB.

If he keeps hitting at this clip, then it will hard not to have in the lineup as a regular; maybe Kiriloff spends most of the time in the minors this year?

Arraez seems very capable of finishing in the Top 5 in the batting race of maybe even win it; plus i love him at leadoff. In the broadcast for the first game (I think), one of announcers mentioned that one of Bell's last conversations with Rocko was that Arraez should be the leadoff hitter

Nelson Cruz is very good at hitting baseballs a long way.

What a fantastic signing he was. Likely our best free agent signing since Jack Morris.

Win Twins!!
If Shoe can stay healthy, he can be a great back end pitcher. His cumulative stats over the last three years have been impressive.

Sano keeps taking walks, he'll get better pitches to hit later on this year.

Detroit looks horrible btw.

Arraez looks amazing at the dish so far - seems like he just tweaked something today in his third AB.

Per the Treasure Island Twins Radio Network, Arraez has an "upper gastro-intestine issue, non-Covid related nor what Buxton is dealing with."

He's day-to-day. Aren't we all...

for the people jumping on Buxton being out. the guy is sick. after he came out of the game in Milwaukee, he was getting an IV in the clubhouse and "fighting nausea" - as in puking. sounds like the old "stomach flu."

do we want him to be barfing or crapping his pants out in center field to show how tough he is?

Donaldson is an entirely different story. during the off-season, we heard how he was preparing for the season and taking steps to avoid all of the leg injuries that have bothered him in the past. And he lasted one-half inning before another leg injury.

I'll put the over/under right now on number of games Donaldson plays this year at 90. and that might be a generous estimate.

for the people jumping on Buxton being out. the guy is sick. after he came out of the game in Milwaukee, he was getting an IV in the clubhouse and "fighting nausea" - as in puking. sounds like the old "stomach flu."

do we want him to be barfing or crapping his pants out in center field to show how tough he is?

Donaldson is an entirely different story. during the off-season, we heard how he was preparing for the season and taking steps to avoid all of the leg injuries that have bothered him in the past. And he lasted one-half inning before another leg injury.

I'll put the over/under right now on number of games Donaldson plays this year at 90. and that might be a generous estimate.

Good post.

i'm very encourage as Buck added 20 lbs of muscle in the off season and that should help hi avoid some injuries and also recover quicker - Rocko also talked to him about how he plays and that he needs to take into account the game situation (almost the same as a dual threat QB); you don't need to positively catch a Texas Leaguer or get that first down in the first part of the game - live to fight another day.

If Donaldson doesn't play 120 this year, he's toast for the rest of his contract IMO. 120 is the goal they set for him before the season IIRC. I'm the eternal optimist and I'll say both of them are okay this year - i can be disappointed later if need be.

Top Bottom