All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

They won't, but they could skip Happ in the rotation now. Though I wonder if the odds of playing tomorrow are very high either.

They won't, but they could skip Happ in the rotation now. Though I wonder if the odds of playing tomorrow are very high either.

Tomorrow, both community unrest and weather could be issues.

The Twins are continuing last years trend of sucking at Target Field.

The fact that Arreaz batted 6th in today’s line up with sure outs Garver, Polanco, and Sano batting 3-5 is laughable. There are two guys hitting on this team, buxton and arreaz. They batted so far from each other it would have taken a miracle for one to drive in the other.

The fact that Arreaz batted 6th in today’s line up with sure outs Garver, Polanco, and Sano batting 3-5 is laughable. There are two guys hitting on this team, buxton and arreaz. They batted so far from each other it would have taken a miracle for one to drive in the other.
Poloanco I think will bounce back. He hit the ball hard yesterday. Sano and Garver are miles away from being ok.

Poloanco I think will bounce back. He hit the ball hard yesterday. Sano and Garver are miles away from being ok.
Sano is cooked. They need to waive him. Some team will find "fixing him" too tempting to pass up. And we can let them have him and his $10 million salary.

Sano is cooked. They need to waive him. Some team will find "fixing him" too tempting to pass up. And we can let them have him and his $10 million salary.
I've never been a huge fan of his. I saw the reason to keep him and continue to develop him, but it's time. There are younger players who can produce at his level.

Kirilloff called up for the double header today. Starting in LF and hitting 6th.

Riddle also up starting at SS hitting 9th.

Polanco has been terrible since the all star break in 2019. His feet are going everywhere when swing and he finishes way out of balance. The problem with this team last year is they didn’t hit and that has come to be true with this team 15 games into the season....maybe James Roweson can get fired from Florida and come back to Minnesota cause something has been off since he left.

Meada throwing a gem today. Only 45 pitches so far to record 4 outs. Not to mention the 3 runs, wild pitch and throwing error.

Someone get a hit...my goodness these last 70 games have been terrible not to mention the 2019 playoffs.

Future ace Jose Berrios....in all fairness the lineup Boston is putting on the field today is probably better than the twins.

First three losses of the season in extra innings. The fourth in a game where the Twins had a 6-0 lead and then gave up eight straight runs. Now swept at home by Boston and looking at a 5-7 record. What a joke.

Twins organization gritting teeth and sticking by Miguel Sano, but for how long?​

His 18 strikeouts are tied for third-most in Major League Baseball. His .079 batting average ranks last. His .158 slugging percentage ranks next-to-last.

Slow starts happen all the time in baseball. Sano's slump feels more pronounced because he gives the impression of being an automatic out when he steps into the box.

Manager Rocco Baldelli's view is that Sano is being selective at the plate and swinging at good pitches. He's just missing them. Is that supposed to be more reassuring than him chasing pitches out of the zone?

"The kinds of at-bats that he's having don't look any different to me than the at-bats that he normally gets," Baldelli said. "But when he gets a pitch to hit, he's obviously got to hit those pitches."

Sano sat out the first game before being asked to pinch-hit in the seventh (last inning) with a runner at second and the Twins trailing by one run.

He struck out on three pitches.

Win Twins!!

Maybe Rosario met more to the team than we realized...
The fact that Jake Cave has stayed with this organization so long is amazing. Plus the fact they gave up on Akik Badoo to basically replace him with 29 year old Kyle Garlick is very strange. I say replace Badoo cause he would have needed a 40 man spot to keep just like Garlick needed. They could have not kept Cave and gotten Garlick and kept Badoo. I also feel that Rosario wanted more money than the twins offered to begin with. If the twins knew he would have taken 8 million I think the twins would have kept him.

Buxton hurt. Sano un-playble but we're gonna keep running him out there anyway.

It's been pretty depressing this year so far. No offense, bad bullpen, at least the starters have done fairly well.

Good news is its a long season and I think we'll still end up with a good record.

Attended the doubleheader yesterday. Despite the lousy outcome of the games and the less than ideal weather, it was great to attend a live professional sporting event for the first time in over a year. I think Polanco might be coming around, he has had some better at bats lately. Hope that they can get to a point where they can trot out a lineup that includes a healthy core of Arraez, Cruz, Buxton, Donaldson and Kepler. I trust that they will get enough production from the rest of the squad when the weather warms up.

The fact that Jake Cave has stayed with this organization so long is amazing. Plus the fact they gave up on Akik Badoo to basically replace him with 29 year old Kyle Garlick is very strange. I say replace Badoo cause he would have needed a 40 man spot to keep just like Garlick needed. They could have not kept Cave and gotten Garlick and kept Badoo. I also feel that Rosario wanted more money than the twins offered to begin with. If the twins knew he would have taken 8 million I think the twins would have kept him.
I don't know what Badoo's prospect ranking looked like while he was in the minors. But he was claimed via rule 5, so it's not like they just gave him away and gave up on him. They just chose to protect somebody else and not him. If you look at his minor league stats, they aren't overwhelming. Sure, he's off to a hot start, but let's see where he is in 2 months, much less the end of the season. I'm not ready to throw the Twins under the bus and think this is David Ortiz 2.0.

I don't know what Badoo's prospect ranking looked like while he was in the minors. But he was claimed via rule 5, so it's not like they just gave him away and gave up on him. They just chose to protect somebody else and not him. If you look at his minor league stats, they aren't overwhelming. Sure, he's off to a hot start, but let's see where he is in 2 months, much less the end of the season. I'm not ready to throw the Twins under the bus and think this is David Ortiz 2.0.
They had room on the 40 man to keep him when he was let go, so yes they did just give up on him. They used that 40 man spot on Garlick, so basically they gave up on a 21 year old prospect for a 29 year old 6 year minor leaguer. Badoo was somewhere between 5-10 for prospect rank. He didn’t play in 2019 cause of needing reconstructive elbow surgery.
It was a hope and a prayer that he would not be claimed and the twins were wrong.

They had room on the 40 man to keep him when he was let go, so yes they did just give up on him. They used that 40 man spot on Garlick, so basically they gave up on a 21 year old prospect for a 29 year old 6 year minor leaguer. Badoo was somewhere between 5-10 for prospect rank. He didn’t play in 2019 cause of needing reconstructive elbow surgery.
It was a hope and a prayer that he would not be claimed and the twins were wrong.
No, they do the Rule 5 when there is a full 40-man roster.

When you pick someone, then you drop a player from the 40-man roster.

The Twins thought that Badoo belonged at High-A or AA and there were players like Kiriloff, Larnach, and Rooker ahead of him in the minor-league OF pecking order. Garlick was a waiver pick-up two months after the Rule 5 draft.

Good thinking Rocco. Pineda is cruising with only 86 pitches down....and he takes him out.

No, they do the Rule 5 when there is a full 40-man roster.

When you pick someone, then you drop a player from the 40-man roster.

The Twins thought that Badoo belonged at High-A or AA and there were players like Kiriloff, Larnach, and Rooker ahead of him in the minor-league OF pecking order. Garlick was a waiver pick-up two months after the Rule 5 draft.
No you don’t, you have room on your 40 man for the draft. You don’t have to have room but when a player is selected they are instantly on your 40 man and your 26 man active roster. They must stay there the entitle year otherwise they must be offered back to the original club. The only reason they had room on the 40 man to claim Garlick is because they choose to let Badoo go and not give him a 40 man spot. If they had out Badoo on the 40 man they would not have lost him. Of course if they gave me a pencil I could find a spot on the 40 man roster with all those not great pitchers and Jake Cave.

the braves had Garlick and put him on waivers when the signed Marvell Ozuna and he needed a 40 man spot. That is in February of 2021 2 months after the twins lost Badoo cause they didn’t want to protect him.

Attachments

• 491A7B8B-9274-435F-93D6-FC07D09B7155.jpg
    491A7B8B-9274-435F-93D6-FC07D09B7155.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2

Top Bottom