All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Anyone else brushing up on their Spanish while taking in the game?
no but liking that I can get the WCCO radio feed on the MLB channel (not sure if it is offered if you sign up via UTube). Dick Bremer still annoys me as he is like Gus Johnson and that every non-flyball is a BIG PLAY!

Last edited:

no but liking that I can get the WCCO radio feed on the MLB channel (not sure if it is offered if you sign up via UTube). Dick Bremer still annoys me as he is like Gus Johnson and that every non-flyball is a BID PLAY!
Fox sports is in Spanish - sounds like Tony O. Dont think I misprogrammed it...

A Sano Slammy Strike out with bases loaded for opening day??

Posted before after his AB.

Last edited:

Watching it...he did a skip step halfway between first and second on his double, however, his stride was fine after that. My guess is he just tweaked it minorly, he should be okay hopefully after a day or two. No sense in not playing it safe now.

Twins look good at the plate so far, good ABs thus far overall!!
Cal Ripken Jr, notsomuch. Tweeked hammy.

If he get's back before May 1, I will pleasantly be surprised.

Max Kepler's hit total (so far) on Opening Day matches the number he had in Spring Training.

Bally Sports North realizes their issue and the Spanish lesson is over. I appreciated that a "Punch Out" is the same regardless.

456 FOOT BOMB
I posted on The Athletic the other day in response to Jim Bowden's article that the Sox were gonna win the Central, that he was wrong, 3 peat and Buck stays healthy and finishes in Top 3 MVP voting.
I also Donaldson wins comeback player of the year - full disclosure.

Dick and Justin discussed Morneau doing a game in French, but all sounds like his vocabulary is limited to swearing.
Now, inexplicably, we're back to Spanish, just in time for another PUNCH OUT.
Also, I could appreciate Uno Dos Tres! And... BUXTON BUXTON BUXTON

Dick and Justin discussed Morneau doing a game in French, but all sounds like his vocabulary is limited to swearing.
Now, inexplicably, we're back to Spanish, just in time for another PUNCH OUT.
Also, I could appreciate Uno Dos Tres! And... BUXTON BUXTON BUXTON
1617314463690.png

Was fine unitl the 9th.

Is it me or does Colme's cutter look flat/no bite? Maybe I'm spoiled from Rivera when he was with the Yankees, but that didn't impress as his first outing as a closer.

Does Hader run a meth lab in the off season?

This game sounds much more exciting in Spanish. "Set the table" is also the same.
The Milwaukee pitchers look like southern villainous characters

Depressing, plus I forgot about the rule change with extra innings. I'm sure they went over it in Spanish but thought I'd blacked out.

We deserved the L - gave it away in the 9th - 3 unearned runs -UGH!!!

We’ve gone from a left handed closer who struggled with righties to a right handed closer who struggles with lefties...

Go out and sign Colome and he blows the first game. Great stuff.

Luckily it's s long season but that still stings

It was his fielding that got him in trouble. Up 3 in the 9th, 1 out and runner is on first. Dribbler to the mound, take the sure out! Kepler's was a tough fly ball, but should have had it.

It was part of it. But yeah....not taking the obvious out was a huge mistake. Maybe he didn't care. His error meant that all three runs were "unearned". lol. Colome's ERA is still 0.00 despite the fact that his own error caused the runs.

I love the T-Mobile app.

I do have 1 pet peeve though, at the beginning of spring training there was a sale and free shipping offer via the MLB store, and I got sucked in and bought a Washington Senators (Harmon Killebrew style) hat and a Montreal Expos hat. Also looked for a Minneapolis Millers lid, but all they had were fitted hats, size 7 only which is too small, so no go.

I did this on my phone, got them within a week and everything is dandy with the caps. The problem is I get hit with ads (especially for GH) for the Senators/Expos caps which I already bought and the Millers one, even though they still only have size 7.

This is supposed to be "smart technology". Hit me up for something I don't already have or will fit on my noggin!

An algorithm or bot must have picked up on this post. I am now getting showered with ads for Twins trucker style lids.

Living in a future age.

Top Bottom