All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I'm good with them also giving some innings to some of the young pitchers. Balazovic and Duran need to see some innings even if it is out of the pen. It isn't like they're routinely throwing in game situations anyway.
Now that the minors are finally started, I'm OK with Balazovic staying down until a rotation spot is open, but Duran absolutely. Get him up here ASAP.

Oh boy. he out for weeks not 10 days.
That's why they can never sign him to an extension. In the off-season, it's time to trade him for whatever they can get and move on. The Yankees can afford to pay him $25 million to play 90 games. The Twins can't.

Down goes the Iron Horse again, but nice to see Larnach get a chance.

Wow, what double whammy. In addition to his red hot start at the plate, the range he was covering in centerfield was just sick. Without him, their outfield defense is just awful.

That's usually the way it goes. Buxton and/or Donaldson are probably overdue.

It was roughly 48 hrs for this to come to fruition. I would have bet the "Over" on that, but based on nothing more than blind faith.

People love to complain about the Pohlads being cheap owners (I'm guilty of it), but if they never get anything close to desired results when they do spend, it's getting harder to blame them. Donaldson isn't exactly earning his salary so far.

Rocco managing is really bad. I had no problem with the starting pitcher coming out due to a rain delay. but he choices to bring in is god awful. Bullpen trying to blow another game.

Rocco managing is really bad. I had no problem with the starting pitcher coming out due to a rain delay. but he choices to bring in is god awful. Bullpen trying to blow another game.
Who else is he going to bring in?

Time to cut dead weight and play the kids. Cut Sano, Cave and Shoemaker (after tonight's start.) Call up Rooker, Larnach and Dobnak. Broxton can replace Buxton in CF. Gordon should be the new 2B. Simmons and Polanco can share SS since neither can hit right now.
At some point the new regime's draftees are going to have to start carrying the water. Might as well start working them in now.

I want Rocco out, but Stashaxk has to better than that and has been for two years.

Watching Sano, Simmons and Cave hit is painful right now. Having them all in the bottom half of the lineup together is unwatchable.

I’ve always been on the “gotta be patient with Sano because he’s too talented to give up easily on” train but this is getting ridiculous. Once Kirilloff and Arraez are back his playing time should be limited.

Bottom of the 4th down 1-0 with 1 out and the twins play the infield in. I just don’t understand it. What I think would have been an out of at least just a single ended up as a double. The manager really seems to be grasping at straws right now.

When will this bad pitching come to a end. Twins had it tied at 2 and now Detroit lead 5-2.

When will this bad pitching come to a end. Twins had it tied at 2 and now Detroit lead 5-2.
Seems pretty bold to put in a guy that was just on the minors in that situation.

It’s pretty tough to have your lead off hitter get 6 plate appearances in 9 innings while scoring just 3 runs, but the Twins accomplished it today. 1 for 14 with RISP.

I’ve always been on the “gotta be patient with Sano because he’s too talented to give up easily on” train but this is getting ridiculous. Once Kirilloff and Arraez are back his playing time should be limited.
Time to just cut bait. He's owed about $18 million. No one is trading for him. Astudillo, Kierloff and even Rooker are better options. No reason to keep him around.

Time to cut dead weight and play the kids. Cut Sano, Cave and Shoemaker (after tonight's start.) Call up Rooker, Larnach and Dobnak. Broxton can replace Buxton in CF. Gordon should be the new 2B. Simmons and Polanco can share SS since neither can hit right now.
Polanco's bat is starting to come alive a bit now; my guess is they give it until the all-star break and if out of it then, see what the trade market looks like and give the kids the time.

That's why they can never sign him to an extension. In the off-season, it's time to trade him for whatever they can get and move on. The Yankees can afford to pay him $25 million to play 90 games. The Twins can't.
Do we trade him or just let him go and take the draft pick compensation?

You can't sign him to an extension.

As Bud Grant once remarked to Sid regarding Rick Feeney, "Durability is just as important as ability." Rick had Mike Alcott ability, but never could stay healthy.

Do we trade him or just let him go and take the draft pick compensation?

You can't sign him to an extension.

As Bud Grant once remarked to Sid regarding Rick Feeney, "Durability is just as important as ability." Rick had Mike Alcott ability, but never could stay healthy.
I'd only trade him at the trade deadline in 2022 if we're not in legit contention next year. Unless someone wants to vastly overpay before then. Otherwise ride him to the end, hope to make a run and take the draft pick.

Polanco's bat is starting to come alive a bit now; my guess is they give it until the all-star break and if out of it then, see what the trade market looks like and give the kids the time.
That makes sense for guys like Happ, Simmons and Colome. Sano, Cave and Shoemaker are terrible and have no trade value.

If you are looking for the future in triple A St. Paul you better look elsewhere. There a joke prospects there and especially no pitching prospects. I am afraid they will be wondering the desert for the next 5-8 years waiting for other prospects.

That makes sense for guys like Happ, Simmons and Colome. Sano, Cave and Shoemaker are terrible and have no trade value.

I think Happ could get a prospect or 2 if someone is craving a crafty lefthander and Simmons might as well, depending on if any contenders' have SS injuries.

I'd outright Cave, Shoe and Colme right now - drastic move(s) can sometimes stop the slumber.

If you are looking for the future in triple A St. Paul you better look elsewhere. There a joke prospects there and especially no pitching prospects. I am afraid they will be wondering the desert for the next 5-8 years waiting for other prospects.
I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. Falvine haven't selected a pitcher with any of their first three picks in any draft since they've been here. I'd argue it's much easier to find a bat on the open market than it is to find a pitcher, especially if you don't want to grossly overpay. Thus, that kind of oversight on draft strategy befuddles me.

Top Bottom