All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

You're not getting a major haul for a half season of a 40 year old DH.

A nice haul to me is someone who can be plugged it he line up to play right away of a couple of good young arms. Time will likely tell unfortunately.

A nice haul to me is someone who can be plugged it he line up to play right away of a couple of good young arms. Time will likely tell unfortunately.
They can get a nice haul if they package a couple of guys. Supposedly the Yankees want Happ AND Pineda.

Thad Levine was quoted in the Strib as saying he still believes the team can turn things around.

his logic was:

If the Twins have players who would be attractive to other teams in a trade, then that means the Twins have enough talent to be a contending team.

again -that was his point of view.

But, the message is that the front office is certainly not at a point where they are ready to start the fire sale.

Another month from now, who knows?

Thad Levine was quoted in the Strib as saying he still believes the team can turn things around.

his logic was:

If the Twins have players who would be attractive to other teams in a trade, then that means the Twins have enough talent to be a contending team.

again -that was his point of view.

But, the message is that the front office is certainly not at a point where they are ready to start the fire sale.

Another month from now, who knows?
They can turn it around to 83-88 wins if they start now. But I don't think that will be enough.

Twins might end up being .500 team but with the bullpen constructed as it is makes that seem unlikely.

Sano does not appear to be a part of the core going forward and I would question Kepler’s spot too. Kepler is a career .236 hitter and he hit below that last year and is currently batting under .200.

Twins might end up being .500 team but with the bullpen constructed as it is makes that seem unlikely.

Sano does not appear to be a part of the core going forward and I would question Kepler’s spot too. Kepler is a career .236 hitter and he hit below that last year and is currently batting under .200.
Do you think his 2019 season was a fluke?

The White Sox complete the 3 game sweep.

On the bright side, the Twins have reached the MLB required 85% herd immunity threshold and no longer need to wear masks in the dugout. So there's that...

They need Torii Hunter to beat someone up in order to turn this around.
Unfortunately, he needs to clock a couple dozen guys at this point. At his age, I don't know if he has it in him.

So the twins gave up a 24 year old third round pick in the 2015 draft in order to keep a 30 year old pitcher who is a journey man and more than likely will be sent down again before the season ends. I just don’t get it. Right now their 40 man roster contains 23 pitchers. Their mlb roster has 13 pitchers and they still can’t find a bullpen to get them 9 outs. I am losing faith in the front office really quickly.

Rocco with a bad decison. He had Sano pitch hit and guess what happen. Sano strikeout.

There is zero excuse for Shoemaker to be on the roster after today. Start Thorpe or Dobnak or bring up Belazovic.

Am i day deaming or what. Sano hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 8th and the Twins take the lead. wow.

I gotta give them credit, they continue to find new ways to lose. Pretty impressive to be honest.

Time to clean up the 40 man roster and that includes all the 30 year old never were pitchers. 105 losses here we come.

Just remember Derek Law cost the twins Travis Blankenhorn. Not saying Travis will be a star or even an everyday play but one is a 24 year old infielder who was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2015 draft. The other is a 30 year old that pitched in the minor leagues last year and has been terrible so far this year. In a lost season is just don’t see why Law could not have been the one DFA’d.

I hear there is outrage that some white Sox player hit a home run on a 3-0 pitch in the 9th. It goes against some stupid unwritten rule. When you decide to pitch a position player not out of necessity but to throw in the towel you can no longer complain about the unwritten rules of baseball. The twins have 13 pitchers on the roster, you can’t tell me having some scrub pitch in the 9th would have ruined their bullpen strategy for the next games. If you don’t wanna play the 9th inning down 15-3 done even come out of the dugout and just call it a game after the 8th inning.

Twins pitchers 8 innings and 15 runs from 17 hits that should be the embarrassing part Minnesota twins.

I hear there is outrage that some white Sox player hit a home run on a 3-0 pitch in the 9th. It goes against some stupid unwritten rule. When you decide to pitch a position player not out of necessity but to throw in the towel you can no longer complain about the unwritten rules of baseball. The twins have 13 pitchers on the roster, you can’t tell me having some scrub pitch in the 9th would have ruined their bullpen strategy for the next games. If you don’t wanna play the 9th inning down 15-3 done even come out of the dugout and just call it a game after the 8th inning.

Twins pitchers 8 innings and 15 runs from 17 hits that should be the embarrassing part Minnesota twins.
Why in the world wouldn't you swing for the fences at a time like that? What, strike out on purpose?

Fire Rocco. Convince Gardy to be interim manager. Trade everyone not signed for 2022 and call up the best prospects you have. This is unwatchable.

I think part of the "swinging at a 3-0 pitch" has to do with the situation at the time. If the game is tied or you're behind, no one is going to say a word about swinging at a 3-0 pitch. but when your team is ahead 15-3, and a position player is lobbing the ball over, swinging at a 3-0 pitch is seen as 'rubbing it in' according to the unwritten rules.

no different than a guy trying to steal a base in the 8th inning with a 7-run lead. It may not be against the official rules, but it's not "how the game is supposed to be played."

Or, let's say, a basketball team with a 30-point lead and still using the full-court press. or a football team with a big lead that keeps its starters in the game in the 4th quarter.

I think part of the "swinging at a 3-0 pitch" has to do with the situation at the time. If the game is tied or you're behind, no one is going to say a word about swinging at a 3-0 pitch. but when your team is ahead 15-3, and a position player is lobbing the ball over, swinging at a 3-0 pitch is seen as 'rubbing it in' according to the unwritten rules.

no different than a guy trying to steal a base in the 8th inning with a 7-run lead. It may not be against the official rules, but it's not "how the game is supposed to be played."

Or, let's say, a basketball team with a 30-point lead and still using the full-court press. or a football team with a big lead that keeps its starters in the game in the 4th quarter.
When the twins pitched a catcher they lost all rights to complain. There is nothing sacred about the game when a catcher is lobbing over 47mph pitches. Baseball should just say if you wanna give up after 8 innings no problem. I would rather see that than a position player pitching. It is scary how many times he has pitched already and we are only 1/6 of the way into the season.

No idea who this guy is, but how much worse can he be than Shoemaker?

The Twins added pitcher Bailey Ober to their 40-man roster last fall to protect him from the Rule 5 Draft.

The 6-foot-9 righthander will make his major league debut tonight when he starts against the White Sox (6:40 p.m., BSN) at Target Field, a source confirmed.

Scheduled starter Michael Pineda had a cyst removed from his inner thigh and has stitches, so the Twins moved his start back, manager Rocco Baldelli said. More "inconvenience" than injury, he said.

Righthander Cody Stashak was also called up. Shaun Anderson and Derek Law pitched last night, and Anderson (strained quad) was put on the injured list. Law was designated for assignment.

Max Kepler (hamstring) will be back in the lineup tonight, but catcher Mitch Garver (knee contusion) is not starting. Baldelli said Garver would not be headed for the IL, however.

Top Bottom