All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I’m here to admit that Akil Baddoo may not be the second coming of Barry Bonds. He has struggled slightly the last 10 games.

I’m here to admit that Akil Baddoo may not be the second coming of Barry Bonds. He has struggled slightly the last 10 games.
Looked up his stats, he is sporting a .204 BA, 33 Ks and only 3 BBs. On the plus side he has 4 HRs and 13 RBIs.

The Tigers are going nowhere with or without him so it's worth it to take a flier on him. Being forced to keep him on their 26 man roster is no big deal, especially if he can play some defense.

Last edited:

And with 2 walks today, Buxton matches his 2020 TOTAL in walks.

After more than a month, Buxton has only drawn a Base on Balls once since Opening Day, for a season total of 3. He was also named American League Player of the Month.

After more than a month, Buxton has only drawn a Base on Balls once since Opening Day, for a season total of 3. He was also named American League Player of the Month.

Great for him - he just keeps slashing the ball. I can't even remember the last time he didn't hit one hard.

They just mentioned on the telecast that it was the first Twin to be named the Player of the Month since Delmon (Delmonus) Young 11 years ago; wild that it was that long ago.

Last edited:

Walk this way...he drew #4 tonight which he turned into a psuedo-double by stealing 2nd and eventually scored.

Note, I am not being critical of the low walk total, just an interesting sidebar.

AK still looking good, hope he stays up for the rest of the year.

Big sigh of relief after that 9th inning. Should have been a clean inning for Rogers but Polanco did his best Troy Williamson impression on a pop up. At least Polanco is showing signs of life with the bat.

When healthy, the left side of the infield (Donaldson/Simmons) is pretty formidable with the gloves.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the Wild rally. Should have had the DVR in action. My bad.

Big sigh of relief after that 9th inning. Should have been a clean inning for Rogers but Polanco did his best Troy Williamson impression on a pop up. At least Polanco is showing signs of life with the bat.

When healthy, the left side of the infield (Donaldson/Simmons) is pretty formidable with the gloves.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the Wild rally. Should have had the DVR in action. My bad.
I had the Wild on TV and the Twins on the IPad. The games concluded within seconds of each other. Living large.

Maeda look sharper tonight.
It was better but the first 3 innings were touch and go. That one foul ball missed being a home run by about 3 feet. He still seems to be fighting the location of al the off speed pitches. Hopefully this gets better once it warms up.

I had the Wild on TV and the Twins on the IPad. The games concluded within seconds of each other. Living large.

My plan was to watch the late stages of the hockey game on my phone, but the FSGO app morphed into Bally and it was was forcing me to recertify my credentials. In the few minutes it was taking me to do that, the Wild scored 3 goals. I did watch it on replay though. Pretty cool.

It was better but the first 3 innings were touch and go. That one foul ball missed being a home run by about 3 feet. He still seems to be fighting the location of al the off speed pitches. Hopefully this gets better once it warms up.
I think he's' on the upswing.

I give The Shoe 2 more start to right the ship, before I let him walk - that should also give Dobnak a couple of starts across the river as well, to get back into starter mode.

One plus side, as note by Morneau last night, is starting in the hole limits how long u can wait for someone to produce. They were specifically talking about Sano and even Bremer didn't try and steer the conversation in a different direction - that's the mindset needed by Rocko. Polanco, 2x All Star who is know puttting up some good ABs, Garver, former Silver Slugger, same as Jorge with power. Miggy better get Jiggy with it ASAP or he's gonna be watching more than playin'.

I think he's' on the upswing.

I give The Shoe 2 more start to right the ship, before I let him walk - that should also give Dobnak a couple of starts across the river as well, to get back into starter mode.

One plus side, as note by Morneau last night, is starting in the hole limits how long u can wait for someone to produce. They were specifically talking about Sano and even Bremer didn't try and steer the conversation in a different direction - that's the mindset needed by Rocko. Polanco, 2x All Star who is know puttting up some good ABs, Garver, former Silver Slugger, same as Jorge with power. Miggy better get Jiggy with it ASAP or he's gonna be watching more than playin'.
Sano can be a bench bat and start against lefties. It's easy enough to sit one of Kepler, Kierloff and Arreaz against lefties. Plus Arreaz can still give one of Donaldson/Polanco/Simmons a day off once/twice week and Kiefloff move to left. It's not hard to get Sano 3-4 starts/week on average. Jake Cave is currently getting that many and shouldn't. Sano will hit a hot streak at some point and you can play him every day for 7-10 days. Then when he cools off, go back to 1-2 starts per week.

Sano can be a bench bat and start against lefties. It's easy enough to sit one of Kepler, Kierloff and Arreaz against lefties. Plus Arreaz can still give one of Donaldson/Polanco/Simmons a day off once/twice week and Kiefloff move to left. It's not hard to get Sano 3-4 starts/week on average. Jake Cave is currently getting that many and shouldn't. Sano will hit a hot streak at some point and you can play him every day for 7-10 days. Then when he cools off, go back to 1-2 starts per week.
👍👍👍👍👍👍. That's what I was thinking. Maybe AK's ascent will get Miggy to reassess his off season diet and training regiment. He should be a cut 250ish, not a lard butt at this point Per his ESPN bio -

HT/WT
6' 4", 272 lbs

Pork is a teat Miggy not something you eat several times a week.

Sano is batting .063 against lefties so far this year with an on base of .318...if in the twins I call up the Marlins and see if they want Sano for a guy that can pitch now and a prospect.

my worry is if you limit him to 8-14 at bats a week he gets even worse. I don’t want him anywhere near this twins team.

Watch them send him down when Sano is activated so that Jake Cave and Garlick can stay....

Sounds like Arraez will be undergoing concussion protocol, that would likely be the roster spot if Sano is activated.

I would guess by the time Arraez is healthy, someone else will be nicked up.

Sounds like Arraez will be undergoing concussion protocol, that would likely be the roster spot if Sano is activated.

I would guess by the time Arraez is healthy, someone else will be nicked up.
That's usually the way it goes. Buxton and/or Donaldson are probably overdue.

Kierloff's raking and Arreaz is out. Time for Astudillo AND Jake Cave so Kierloff can sit. Against a righty. Ugh.

Top Bottom