All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

The first low leverage situation for Colome is a one run game against your rival Cleveland when the team has lost a lot games. I can’t wait for the next low leverage situation will be game 7 of the World Series in Dodger stadium.

Alex Colomé need to be DFA right after the game no if or what about it.

It's way too early to give up on a baseball season, but this team is really bad. I don't see a lot of hope for recovery unless Kirilloff figures it out, and Sano and Kepler come back and can hit.

I think Colome needs more innings...and the Vikings should bring back Ponder.

There will always be diehards but I’m not sure how baseball will remain a solvent sport in comparison to others. Who in the heck has 3-4 hours a night during the week or nothing better to do on the weekends? Throw in the fact that the home team is horrendous to boot with the games being harder and harder to watch on TV. It just doesn’t bode well for the sport in general IMO.

Colome's ERA is now 8.31 and they keep putting him out there.

Rocco not looking so hot after the screw-up the other night where he went out to the mound to talk to Berrios, but he forgot it was the 2nd visit that inning, so he had to take Berrios out of the game.

Someone on a radio show suggested that he really misses having an experienced bench coach after losing Shelton to the Pirates and then the death of Mike Bell.

if they don't pull out of this soon, it might be time by mid-season to start dumping veterans and start bringing up kids from the minors. If you're going to lose, might as well find out what some of the prospects can do - or not do....

Currently the worst record in MLB. The 18 consecutive playoff game losses won’t be growing this year.

Trump talking about himself. Biden taking naps. Vikings failing to properly address the OL. Twins ignoring pitching. Some things never change.

He should be fired just for saying that.
I've had enough of Robot Rocco either way. Sending Colome back out there AGAIN and watching him walk runs in is beyond ridiculous.

Baldelli apparently called a team meeting tonight. I'm sure it was a rousing speech full of fire and brimstone.
Such is the downside of having a "players coach/manager". When the team is doing well, a more authoritarian coach runs the risk of alienating the team when he asks them to keep busting ass, even if they're cruising. But he has the ability to light some fires under players by holding them accountable when things aren't going well.

For a players coach, he has the ability to keep players loose during successful times, and keep things rolling. But when success isn't happening, they have no ability to hold players accountable because they have no credibility when it comes to discipline.

Rocco has no spine, and players know they can just keep sucking and there will be no consequences. It's too bad they're wasting the year Buxton has already put together.

With the 2021 season over where do the twins go in 2022. They have an old roster that is not producing now. I am not willing to believe any of the prospects can actually play as no prospect has yet to pan out under this current regime. Royce Lewis may be good but he will be coming off acl surgery this year so he won’t be ready to go in time. Kiriloff may be good but he doesn’t play a position and is simply a bat. Polanco, Kepler, graver, Sano are all in playable right now. Then let’s not even talk about the pitching staff and the bullpen that is a disaster. I am afraid for what lies ahead as I could see a couple of 90-100 loss seasons coming up after this season.

and of course, the Twins start the Wednesday game with 3 HR's in the top of the 1st for a 4-0 lead.

now 6-0 after the top of the 2nd. this game is going to last forever. taken 50+ minutes to play an inning and a half.

With the 2021 season over where do the twins go in 2022. They have an old roster that is not producing now. I am not willing to believe any of the prospects can actually play as no prospect has yet to pan out under this current regime. Royce Lewis may be good but he will be coming off acl surgery this year so he won’t be ready to go in time. Kiriloff may be good but he doesn’t play a position and is simply a bat. Polanco, Kepler, graver, Sano are all in playable right now. Then let’s not even talk about the pitching staff and the bullpen that is a disaster. I am afraid for what lies ahead as I could see a couple of 90-100 loss seasons coming up after this season.
Well, you'll know a lot more about this team after 6 months than we do after one month. Gotta give this some time to settle.

and of course, the Twins start the Wednesday game with 3 HR's in the top of the 1st for a 4-0 lead.

now 6-0 after the top of the 2nd. this game is going to last forever. taken 50+ minutes to play an inning and a half.
At least it’s because we are looking a bit like the 2019 team and not because colome is trying to get through an inning without allowing 3 runs.

Just watched the highlights from yesterday.

A few musing -

I wonder how much Buck's next contract will be? Wow. I think he'll play 140 game this year (so that allows for him to have one more minor trip to the DL). The key to me is that he added the 20lbs of muscle over the winter, so he's more durable.

Garver looked much better and he was getting better swings in the first games as well: I don't think Jeffers is an every day catcher, he is solid #2.

Play AK every day, he needs ABs and time, but he looks like a pro - I don't know if he has the ceiling which the Twins broadcast team keeps espousing, but I think he's at least a B player.

If Cave can't do sent down then please outright him; I'd rather give those ABs to Rooker at this point. Cave needs to stay until Kepler comes back.

Sano, I don't know honestly. I'd love to be able to send him down, but I don't think it's possible. So maybe I'd sit him for now and tell him he has to earn his way back as a regular. Use him as a spot starter and PH - I'd also make it public. Some players need to have their abilities/manhood challenged. Sano seems kind of lazy and soft.

Momentum, as all of us VFW/Legionball legends know, is a real thing. This set up perfectly for them, early game, quick trip home, sleep in your own bed and off day with the fam. For the 7 game homestand, I'm looking for 5-2, to show we're moving forward. If this doesn't jumpstart the season, it's a wrap in my opinion.

I think this could be a very pivotal year for the Twins' front office.

If the Twins turn things around and get back into the race, they could theoretically try to add to the roster mid-season.

but, if they are out of the race by mid-season, I could see them moving out some of the veterans and making room for more players to come up from the minors.

Worth considering - Falvey and Lavine inherited a lot of the players on the major league roster. Slowly but surely, they are turning over the roster to feature players they have drafted or acquired through trades.

I wonder how much Buck's next contract will be? Wow. I think he'll play 140 game this year (so that allows for him to have one more minor trip to the DL). The key to me is that he added the 20lbs of muscle over the winter, so he's more durable.
Hmmm, he is currently on pace to appear in less than 120 games and has already endured several niggling injuries. And it's still April.

Hmmm, he is currently on pace to appear in less than 120 games and has already endured several niggling injuries. And it's still April.

I wasn't sure what pace he was on, so thanks for the info.

I'm an optimist, so hopefully he'll be good moving forward more or less.

I wasn't sure what pace he was on, so thanks for the info.

I'm an optimist, so hopefully he'll be good moving forward more or less.
I do like your optimism and I hope you are right. It sucks to see a two-way player like him constantly hampered by injuries.

Love that we sent down or to St. Paul, Jeffers and Rooker.

I think after last night AK is up for good; man he has that easy power.

Top Bottom