All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Breaking news; Buxton out with boo boo.

Plus Rocco having no idea that he had to pull Berrios after two mound visits is not ideal when your managerial reputation is already being questioned. Jose was cruising, walks a guy couple of well placed hits and it’s tied. At least the bullpen is rested as they have not pitches since Friday.

Another one bites the dust.
Ownership would be embarrassed if they actually cared about winning.

I don’t underhand taking Arreaz out of the ball game and putting the turtle in at first with 6 outs to go, but neither thing mattered. It wasn’t like Rooker and Arreaz are terrible defenders and they were both the only guys that hit this game.

Not sure why Colome with his 6.75 ERA, is still our closer. He gets lit up every time he enters a game.

Get Colome and Jake Cave off this team already. Please.

Haven't watched much Twins this year.
Looks like they might be out of it by May 1st.

I am officially boycotting the Twinks for now and will not watch a live broadcast until they're back to 500%.

Additionally, if they are not at 500% by the time of my next monthly MLB billing date, I will be canceling; however, I will reserve the right to reup later this summer.
The boycott bandwagon has unlimited space boys - hop on until we win 4 in a row and/or reach .500.

He should be fired just for saying that.
To be fair, I'm not sure if he said it after last night, but he did after the Oakland game I believe.

He was too busy trying to explain how he didn't know it was the 2nd mound visit when he went to talk to Berrios in the 6th and had to take him out. Brutal.

What's Molitor up to these days? Gardy's free but this team would likely give him a heart attack.

Robot Rocco: "He's our closer. We have total faith in him."
Again, did I dream the Twins saying earlier that the roles were going to be fluid?

Ron Davis ended up being the difference between the Twins winning the division and missing out in 1984. This is serious business.

Again, did I dream the Twins saying earlier that the roles were going to be fluid?

Ron Davis ended up being the difference between the Twins winning the division and missing out in 1984. This is serious business.
He said that in Spring Training. His actions have indicated otherwise.

I'm too young to remember Ron Davis. But this is worse, at least statistically. When they first tried LaTroy Hawkins as a closer, he was bad, but never this bad.

He said that in Spring Training. His actions have indicated otherwise.

I'm too young to remember Ron Davis. But this is worse, at least statistically. When they first tried LaTroy Hawkins as a closer, he was bad, but never this bad.

In all fairness, Hawkins had a long and solid career as a set-up man. I met him once at one of the Twins' Winter Caravan stops. Good dude.

No closer is perfect. Mike Marshall used to drive me nuts in the 70's. He would twitch and fidget on the mound forever between pitches. Eddie Guardado never seemed to have a clean inning. he would always walk one guy and give up a bloop hit.

FWIW - Ron Davis is still 5th on the Twins all-time leaders for Saves with 104. Guardado had 108.
The top three are Nathan, Aguilera and Perkins.

In all fairness, Hawkins had a long and solid career as a set-up man. I met him once at one of the Twins' Winter Caravan stops. Good dude.

No closer is perfect. Mike Marshall used to drive me nuts in the 70's. He would twitch and fidget on the mound forever between pitches. Eddie Guardado never seemed to have a clean inning. he would always walk one guy and give up a bloop hit.

FWIW - Ron Davis is still 5th on the Twins all-time leaders for Saves with 104. Guardado had 108.
Joe Nathan could twitch and fidget with anyone, but damn he was good. Except in Yankee Stadium during the play-offs.

I forgot how good Mike Marshall was for two of the three years here. Someone of his talent would be amazing right now.

Right to the unemployment line.

Attachments

• 0E5FFA13-2DD8-44C3-A6BE-3C64BBFDD116.jpeg
    0E5FFA13-2DD8-44C3-A6BE-3C64BBFDD116.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 4

One thing with the line up I don’t understand is why buxton doesn’t bat 2nd. I want as few people on the base paths in front of him as possible. To me it makes no sense to bat him behind station to station Cruz when buxtons greatest strength is speed and Cruz in front of him takes that advantage away. Not that this change would have made any difference in the series, but going toward it would be nice to see. I would go

Kepler (sure out)
Buxton
Arreaz
Donaldson
Cruz
kiriloff
Polanco (sure out)
Simmons
Garver (sure out)
I think he reads the board. Why you would ever bat buxton behind Cruz and Donaldson is nonsensical to me. Let buxton run.

Attachments

• 1D3F7975-B2D5-42EC-B019-F7B702FF604C.png
    1D3F7975-B2D5-42EC-B019-F7B702FF604C.png
    390 KB · Views: 6

I don't get the fascination with having Donaldson hit 2nd either. Arreaz, Buxton, Cruz, Donaldson and go from there.
Cuz ya know, analytics. I don't know what other dumb ass reason it could be. Most people that know baseball at a basic level aren't putting Donaldson in the 2-hole.

Im just happy Polanco is not playing. Of course they could have done that when Gordon was up, but it was too important to get Willins at bats.

Top Bottom