All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

This is 100% false. Treyton is definitely better than Will. I would put my money on Will over Treyton any day. I’ve watched both live multiple times.

This is not good news. I have watched Will as well but havent seen Treyton. If you are right, we need to withdraw Treyton's schollie.

This is not good news. I have watched Will as well but havent seen Treyton. If you are right, we need to withdraw Treyton's schollie.
Preposterous post of the year ? In all seriousness, there is no way we would do this even we had secured a commitment from tschetter

Preposterous post of the year ? In all seriousness, there is no way we would do this even we had secured a commitment from tschetter
Pretty sure it was sarcasm. I haven't seen anyone else besides GopherPlaya say Tschetter is a better prospect than Treyton.

Def not sorry

meant he is not better than Will sorry
So you're saying that you can scout better than 247, Rivals, and the majority of people here on GH who think Treyton is the better player? Maybe you should get your eyes checked. Curious as to why you think Tschetter is a more talented prospect.

So you're saying that you can scout better than 247, Rivals, and the majority of people here on GH who think Treyton is the better player? Maybe you should get your eyes checked. Curious as to why you think Tschetter is a more talented prospect.
Better shooter, scorer, rebounder, finisher, and he is stronger

Didn’t they go head to head a summer ago in an all star game? IF I remember right Tschetter got him pretty good. It was a showcase for that grade. Out in a suburb.

And I am aware of The Thompson and Holmgren video.

For what it’s worth. Tschetter and Thompson both played pick up with a team in the city last summer a few times however not against each other... not close who those kids thought was better and more skilled.

Didn’t they go head to head a summer ago in an all star game? IF I remember right Tschetter got him pretty good. It was a showcase for that grade. Out in a suburb.

And I am aware of The Thompson and Holmgren video.
Exactly

For what it’s worth. Tschetter and Thompson both played pick up with a team in the city last summer a few times however not against each other... not close who those kids thought was better and more skilled.
I dont think many people on this board have seen Treyton play in person

I have seen Thompson three times not since he left MN. Thompson has skill. I like both players. Glad one has committed and the other an offer...

How many scholarships will we have for this class? Losing Johnson, Curry, and probably Carr, and possibly Gach, maybe Robbins? Thought I heard Curry may have 2 years of eligibility left.

Bossi thinks Treyton is the better player and if i do not know i would go to him. For the record there are coaches who laugh at how many of the online web scouts evaluate. EXCEPT Bossi. There are scouts out there that are much better than what you get from 247, rivals, etc.. Think if Myron was a scout, or anyone else who covers the game locally was a scout. You would laugh at them. I call them out on this by how often they claim greatness for nearly every guy we get.

I agree with you. When I have to explain my post probly means it wasnt well written - uffda. Was maybe trying to be too much of a smart aleck by half as they say.

Bossi thinks Treyton is the better player and if i do not know i would go to him. For the record there are coaches who laugh at how many of the online web scouts evaluate. EXCEPT Bossi. There are scouts out there that are much better than what you get from 247, rivals, etc.. Think if Myron was a scout, or anyone else who covers the game locally was a scout. You would laugh at them. I call them out on this by how often they claim greatness for nearly every guy we get.

I haven't seen either but college recruiting still takes into consideration potential, Treyton is taller and probably a bit more at athletic, in P5 basketball that can be a major difference.

With Both in the fold and if he stays two years I don't see why you don't make a big push for Tschetter, changes the roster makeup a bit. You really only need a PG for 2021.

Is there a more overused word in the basketball scouting community than 'versatile'?
No. And misused . And it starts with players and their AAU coaches thinking that the players is that way because in high school he played 3 positions or in defenseless AAU he guarded 2-3. We have guys on our roster now as bragging that they can defend 1-5 ! Lets start with guarding yours in a team concept.

While it is still uncertain as to when recruits will be allowed to get on campuses given the pandemic, he does know what schools he would like visit.

“UNC, Kentucky, Arizona, Georgetown, DePaul, Michigan, Arizona, Gonzaga and Minnesota are some of the top,” he said.

Top Bottom