All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Pedulla list is low to mid major....so we look like the 1st biggie offer

Tyrese Hunter off the board. Picked Iowa State. Had a bunch of great offers. Very well coached.

Tyrese Hunter off the board. Picked Iowa State. Had a bunch of great offers. Very well coached.
Liked what I saw of him, good get for Prohm who has been struggling on the recruiting trail. I kind of wonder what the Gophers strategy is at PG for 2021 as Carr seems very unlikely to stay as a Senior. It seems like maybe they don't want to "block" Holloman with a 2021 PG as they aren't really after anyone at the position in that class. Maybe Mashburn Jr is more of a PG by that time or maybe they pick up a transfer for a year until that 2022 class comes in.

Liked what I saw of him, good get for Prohm who has been struggling on the recruiting trail. I kind of wonder what the Gophers strategy is at PG for 2021 as Carr seems very unlikely to stay as a Senior. It seems like maybe they don't want to "block" Holloman with a 2021 PG as they aren't really after anyone at the position in that class. Maybe Mashburn Jr is more of a PG by that time or maybe they pick up a transfer for a year until that 2022 class comes in.
Gophers were after a point in that class. Hunter was a target. Onward.

David Joplin has Minnesota in his final 6.
Don't know if you explained this already Built but why didn't Gard offer Joplin? I haven't seen the kid play so no idea what type of player he is.

Don't know if you explained this already Built but why didn't Gard offer Joplin? I haven't seen the kid play so no idea what type of player he is.
They got who they wanted. He came on very late.

Would bet on Texas.
Them or Iowa State seem to be leaders in the clubhouse. On a positive note he did recently praise Mailhot in an article for his energy, so that’s a good sign for future recruits. Also mentioned Treyton doing his part. Must be an a coward situation having Treyton talk up the U and his coach Al bad mouthing it lol

We haven't had a post in this thread for more than a month! How is that possible?

Is recruiting going so poorly that no one is interested in coming here?

We haven't had a post in this thread for more than a month! How is that possible?

Is recruiting going so poorly that no one is interested in coming here?

Maybe there is a pandemic or something that might slow the recruiting rumor mill. Or maybe the cutting of three men's varsity sports at the U is scaring recruits away fearing basketball may be next.

Maybe there is a pandemic or something that might slow the recruiting rumor mill. Or maybe the cutting of three men's varsity sports at the U is scaring recruits away fearing basketball may be next.
Basketball isn't going to be cut at a Big Ten school...no recruit is scared of that.

I think this time of the year is usually a quiet time for basketball recruiting pandemic or not. Once the season starts recruits generally get to a few games and get on campus for officials. Think there are quite a few times where recruits will come in the fall and get to a football game as well.

Basketball isn't going to be cut at a Big Ten school...no recruit is scared of that.

I think this time of the year is usually a quiet time for basketball recruiting pandemic or not. Once the season starts recruits generally get to a few games and get on campus for officials. Think there are quite a few times where recruits will come in the fall and get to a football game as well.

Exactly this is normally when visits start to be planned. You see a bump in commitments and activity in October and November before the HS seasons start. LOL on recruits thinking basketball would be cut.

Pitino is terrified of getting COVID and has stopped all recruiting activities. He wont even do a zoom call because hes afraid the internet might be contagious

Pitino is terrified of getting COVID and has stopped all recruiting activities. He wont even do a zoom call because hes afraid the internet might be contagious
AND he is terrified the basketball program may be eliminated. Lol, I think both go together in sarcasm font.

Not to sound like a bed wetter, but I think most of our basketball commits come in the July, August, September period for rising high school seniors. Limitations on visits and live evaluations due to COVID are almost certainly having an impact on recruiting, but I think compared to a normal year, it’s out of the ordinary to not be getting any commits around this time. I think it was September 2018 or so that we started shitting our pants about the 2019 class being an unmitigated disaster, because we didn’t have any commits until October or November when Tre Williams committed.

We have one solid commit in Treyton Thompson already, and obviously we aren’t having recruits come in to attend September football games, so I’m not really freaking out or anything. But I’d say in a normal, average year (which this year is not) the recruiting class might be a little farther along than the 2021 class is right now.

Not to sound like a bed wetter, but I think most of our basketball commits come in the July, August, September period for rising high school seniors. Limitations on visits and live evaluations due to COVID are almost certainly having an impact on recruiting, but I think compared to a normal year, it’s out of the ordinary to not be getting any commits around this time. I think it was September 2018 or so that we started shitting our pants about the 2019 class being an unmitigated disaster, because we didn’t have any commits until October or November when Tre Williams committed.

We have one solid commit in Treyton Thompson already, and obviously we aren’t having recruits come in to attend September football games, so I’m not really freaking out or anything. But I’d say in a normal, average year (which this year is not) the recruiting class might be a little farther along than the 2021 class is right now.
I don't know though...I remember going to the TCU football game in 2015 and the following morning ate breakfast a few tables away from Pitino, Coffey's, and Curry's as they were on official visits. That was early Sept. They didn't commit right then and there and they were the headliners of the 2016 class. I'm sure plenty on this board have run into recruits at football/basketball games before they commit.

How many basketball games do the students get "We want ___________" chants going? Granted some of the recruits are juniors at the time but some also aren't.

COVID may be delaying some things, but I honestly don't think it is by much.

How many open scholarships do we have for next year?

Thank you for a dose of sanity amongst the usual hue and cry that the sky is yet again falling.

Top Bottom