All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Ant is an elite talent but the ball just doesn't move as well when he plays. He makes amazing plays but it's not good when the other four guys are stationary while dribbles down the clock. Part of the reason the 3 pt shots stopped dropping is the open looks weren't there due to the lack of ball movement.

Mo Wagner thinks he's better than he is. Markelle Fultz is better than he thinks he is. I know Bamba is inconsistent, but he sure looked like a player last night. I've seen Suggs four or five times this year (parts of games). I'm probably wrong but he doesn't look like a future star to me. Anthony is super quick. I think Orlando has the makings of a good team.
Ant?.........take a Xanex

They shot 0 for 17 from three to end the game. KAT and DLO each jacked up at least 2 threes the second we crossed midcourt. I don't know what Ant has to do with that.

I thought we were trying to catch Denver. If so, that was a putrid loss. If not trying to catch Denver, well it is an 82 game season I guess.

65-60 Wolves over Orlando at the Half. Only mention this because either the Refs are having a bad night or the Wolves are trying to emulate the Detroit's Bad Boys from the late 80's- early 90's.

Minnesota has 16 fouls to the Magic's 6. Leading to 18 FreeThrows to 9. Towns has 4 fouls in 15 minutes and Reid has 4 in 9. Beverley had 3 fouls in 4 minutes, before he got an elbow in the ear and had to leave the game.

Yeah, a bad loss. Though not gonna whine. They were coming in on a 6 game winning streak and Orlando is now 5-3 in their last 8. Still..

Wolves got called for 24 fouls, Orlando had 11. Minnesota indeed took too may 3's in the 2nd Half, but who can blame them? They got Offensive Fouls when they went to the basket, but few trips to the line.

Towns ended-up playing 34 minutes, where he was +2. Edwards sat most of the 3rd because of foul trouble.Reid played only 14 minutes because of those fouls. He got 5 of them as did Towns. Not sure if Beverly will be able to play tonight against Miami.

Wonder if Butler's "sinus congestion" will clear-up before that? ;)

"Anthony Edwards led the Timberwolves with 25 points. Towns had 21 points and 13 rebounds but had to play cautiously after being called for three fouls in the first quarter. That helped Orlando to a 49-37 rebound edge.

“Where it hurt us was in our third-quarter defense,” Minnesota coach Chris Finch said. “We weren’t able to be physical when we needed to be."

Last edited:

Ant?.........take a Xanex

They shot 0 for 17 from three to end the game. KAT and DLO each jacked up at least 2 threes the second we crossed midcourt. I don't know what Ant has to do with that.

I thought we were trying to catch Denver. If so, that was a putrid loss. If not trying to catch Denver, well it is an 82 game season I guess.
You do need to medicate because you hyperventilate after every loss.

When the ball doesn't move, more bad shots are taken because players aren't sure when or if it's coming back. Ant over dribbles and that impacts everything. He wasn't looking for Beasley at all.

The wolves try to win all the games. 82-0 never happens. Pace yourself. Orlando is playing good ball, they were at home in front of a good crowd and the wolves are now a "hunted" team. It was a fairly predictable outcome. Denver has an easier closing schedule than the wolves. The wolves need to focus on getting healthy and preparing to win at least one of the play in games.

You do need to medicate because you hyperventilate after every loss.

When the ball doesn't move, more bad shots are taken because players aren't sure when or if it's coming back. Ant over dribbles and that impacts everything. He wasn't looking for Beasley at all.

The wolves try to win all the games. 82-0 never happens. Pace yourself. Orlando is playing good ball, they were at home in front of a good crowd and the wolves are now a "hunted" team. It was a fairly predictable outcome. Denver has an easier closing schedule than the wolves. The wolves need to focus on getting healthy and preparing to win at least one of the play in games.
So Ant over dribbles and DLO does not?

I've always thought it was DLO. I will watch closer.

Oh, and all I said was that was a brutal loss. If one says that, I guess they were thinking 82-0.

So Ant over dribbles and DLO does not?

I've always thought it was DLO. I will watch closer.

Oh, and all I said was that was a brutal loss. If one says that, I guess they were thinking 82-0.
Everybody knows I'm not a huge DLo fan. Lately he's been moving the ball the way a lead guard should move the ball. Last night he reverted. It was almost as if he was competing with Ant for controlling the tempo of the offense.
They have a tough ten game stretch ahead. Denver and Dallas have easier schedules. Stay calm.

Everybody knows I'm not a huge DLo fan. Lately he's been moving the ball the way a lead guard should move the ball. Last night he reverted. It was almost as if he was competing with Ant for controlling the tempo of the offense.
They have a tough ten game stretch ahead. Denver and Dallas have easier schedules. Stay calm.
Should there be any expectations to win any of those games?

As of 4:30 today looks like no Jimmy Butler:)LOL:)tonight. :drink:

Miami Heat

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
P.J. TuckerPFMar 12Day-To-DayTucker may be held out for Saturday's game against the Timberwolves, presumably for rest, Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports.
Caleb MartinSFMar 12Out
Jimmy ButlerSFMar 12Out
Victor OladipoSGMar 12OutOladipo is out Saturday against the Timberwolves due to rest, Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports.

Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Anthony EdwardsSFMar 12Day-To-DayThe Timberwolves list Edwards as probable for Saturday's game against the Heat with left patella tendinopathy.
Jordan McLaughlinPGMar 12Day-To-DayMcLaughlin (groin) is questionable for Saturday's game against the Heat, Dane Moore of BringMeTheNews.com reports.
Jarred VanderbiltPFMar 12Out
Patrick BeverleyPGMar 12Day-To-DayBeverley (ear) has been deemed doubtful for Saturday's matchup with the Heat.

Did Butler chicken out?

That takes a ton of fun out of it.

Did Butler chicken out?

That takes a ton of fun out of it.

I'm good with it.

Butler has only played 47 of their 68 games. He's missed a few games lately. Last one was because of, not kidding, "sinus congestion". This one is officially because of "Injury/Illness - Left Big Toe; Irritation"

Radio announcer introducing the game said this is "The second and last meeting between the two times. Wolves beat Jimmy Butler and the Heat last November. There will be no rematch with General Soreness tonight." 😊

Great win. Great balance scoring with 8 guys in double figures.

Howl Wolves!!
You know how the other team is laughing and dancing when up. Nearing the end of the first half, they were very cocky and all smiles.

I didn't notice that so much at the end of the game. I love it.

Meanwhile, Denver loses.

Tough defense, good physicality, good ball movement adds up to a great road win. A 1-1 record on the FL swing is a very good result.
I forgot that Ed Malloy was reffing the Orlando game. The wolves don't win when he officiates.

You know how the other team is laughing and dancing when up. Nearing the end of the first half, they were very cocky and all smiles.

I didn't notice that so much at the end of the game. I love it.

Meanwhile, Denver loses.

True. That was WAY too early to celebrate.

Just like against the Magic Friday night, Towns got into big foul trouble in the first half. Last night he had 3 of them in the first 10 minutes of the game. Finch sat him down. Minnesota held onto a 5 point lead.

That "dancing" 2nd Quarter? Miami outscored the Wolves 42-25 in that Quarter. Towns comes back in the 3rd? Wolves outscore Miami 34-19 and 24-18 in the 4th and beat Miami 113-104.

Like Bleed mentioned, with 8 guys in double figures it was a team win, but Towns still was the most important piece last night.

"MIAMI -- — The Minnesota Timberwolves refused to let one road loss become a streak..

"Their speed and quickness, and their ability to play in the passing lanes, make them very disruptive, and they were disruptive at key times in the second half," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said about the Timberwolves. "Those open windows that you have close really quickly with them."..

Last edited:

My biggest take-away from the Miami game is that Jared Vanderbilt was wearing a truly wacky shirt while sitting on the bench. Looks like he picked it up in a thrift store.

and kudos to Beasley - he throws up a three that hits the side of the backboard, but comes back and nails a 3 late in the game to help clinch the victory.

My biggest take-away from the Miami game is that Jared Vanderbilt was wearing a truly wacky shirt while sitting on the bench. Looks like he picked it up in a thrift store.

and kudos to Beasley - he throws up a three that hits the side of the backboard, but comes back and nails a 3 late in the game to help clinch the victory.
Vanderbilt and Beverly clearly went shopping before the game.

I don't think Jared paid a thrift store price for that shirt. A lot of these guys live high...really high. That diamond "AE" pendant that Ant has been wearing on the bench when he's injured has to be at least $100K if the diamonds are real. If you are making $10M a year, which is really $6M after taxes, agent fees, professional fees, etc., and you are spending $11M/year, you are broke. It seems unfathomable, but it happens and not just to professional athletes.

Preview from SB Nation San Antonio site:

What To Watch For

• The Timberwolves have drained 37.5% of their league-leading 42.9 three-point attempts per game following the NBA All-Star Break. Malik Beasley, Jaylen Nowell, Leandro Bolmaro, Jaden McDaniels, Patrick Beverley, and Jordan McLaughlin have all shot above league-average from beyond the arc over that stretch. But that’s likely not the group of players you would have expected to bolster an elite long-range attack. Karl-Anthony Towns, D’Angelo Russell, and Anthony Edwards are noticeably missing from that group, and it could be a long night for San Antonio if that star-studded trio got in on the three-point party. The Spurs allowed Indiana to shoot 14-of-36 (38.9%) from deep on Saturday night, so hopefully, the good guys will look to fortify the perimeter when they welcome Chris Finch and company to town.
  • Minnesota lays claim to one of the highest-scoring trios in the association as Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards, and D’Angelo Russell have torn apart defenders to the tune of 64.3 points per game this season. KAT is 21 days removed from his first Three-Point Contest crown and third NBA All-Star nod. Russell is finally clicking with his costars and directing a top-ten offense. As for Ant, he may be struggling right now, but he is always liable to detonate for a 40-piece. Head coach Gregg Popovich might find some success by throwing an assortment of Dejounte Murray, Josh Richardson, and Devin Vassell at their backcourt counterparts. That said, for as great as Jakob Poeltl is at protecting the rim, San Antonio doesn’t have a solid answer for stopping Towns one on one. To be fair, the rest of the league hasn’t found a way to contain the stretch-five, so keep your fingers fully crossed that he has an off night at the AT&T Center.
  • Dejounte Murray, Jakob Poeltl, and Keldon Johnson are good to go after a bit of well-deserved R&R against the Indiana Pacers. And San Antonio will need all three of their starters to show up on Monday night if they hope to dispatch the upstart Timberwolves. Minnesota has won seven of their last eight games, picking up momentum versus the lowly Thunder and Blazers while padding their resume with impressive victories versus Golden State and Miami. The Wolves are 12.5 games ahead of the Spurs in the Western Conference standings, though they are also in the thick of a tight play-in race, which means they will have plenty to play for when they visit the 2-1-0. This Northwest Division opponent already routed the Silver and Black earlier this season, and they will have more than enough motivation to do it again.

Karl Anthony Towns with 54 points and it not even the 4th qtr yet. Game of his life right now.

Edited: He tie the franchise single game record at 56 points and counting.

Karl Anthony Towns with 54 points and it not even the 4th qtr yet. Game of his life right now.

Pretty unreal isn't it? 32 of them came in the 3rd Quarter,

It's also a game where he's been given a technical and called for 3 Offensive Fouls. One of which was a Flagrant Offensive Foul. Didn't even know that was a thing.

Last edited:

I'm expecting the San Antonio police to show up and arrest towns for what he did to Zach Collins out there.

KAT has really seemed to turn the corner on just bullying people on offense. Now if we can get him to just stop yapping at the refs.

Last edited:

Too much positivity here.

What the bleep is up with our defense?

KAT was so good last night the refs finally decided to stop screwing with him. He has a very good group of teammates and a very good coach. So it looks like he's decided to prove to the rest of the league that he's as good as Gobert, Embid and Jokic instead of talking about it. The refs are a definite hindrance in that quest. The ref with the slick black hair was screwing with KAT until he went off in the third. The lane violation and flagrant foul calls were the worst of the bunch of bad calls/non calls against him.

He's a generational player who has decided to play like one.

Top Bottom