All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Now OKC. Looking at the two lists will they be bringing people down from the stands to play?

i
Oklahoma City Thunder

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Kenrich WilliamsSFMar 9OutWilliams (knee) is out Wednesday against Minnesota.
Tre MannPGMar 9OutMann has been ruled out for Wednesday's game against Minnesota due to a left ankle sprain.
Derrick FavorsCMar 9OutFavors (back) is out Wednesday against the Timberwolves.
Mike MuscalaCMar 8OutMuscala underwent successful arthroscopic surgery with additional ligament repair on his right ankle Tuesday and will miss the remainder of the 2021-22 season, Andrew Schlecht of The Athletic reports.
Ty JeromeSGMar 8OutJerome underwent successful surgery to address a sports hernia Tuesday and will miss the rest of the 2021-22 season, Andrew Schlecht of The Athletic reports.
Luguentz DortSFMar 8OutDort underwent successful surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder Tuesday and will miss the rest of the 2021-22 season, Andrew Schlecht of The Athletic reports.
Josh GiddeySGMar 5OutCoach Mark Daigneault won't have an update on Giddey's (hip) injury for a "couple of weeks," Rylan Stiles of BricktownBuckets.com reports.
Jeremiah Robinson-EarlPFFeb 3OutRobinson-Earl was diagnosed with a fracture in the third metatarsal of his right foot Thursday and will be re-evaluated in six weeks, Andrew Schlecht reports.

So, was listening to Doogie on a podcast with the SkorNorth crew.

on Edwards, Doogie said he was told it's "day-to-day," and definitely not a long-term problem.

But on to the good stuff:

Doogie said he asked Glen Taylor if everything was still on track for A-Rod and Lore to take over as the new majority owners by the end of 2023.

Glen's answer - "probably."

Doogie said he asked what "probably" meant, and Glen said that he still expects it to happen, but the timing could change to either an earlier or a later date.

Glen should never speak to any member of the media without a handler present.

If the Wolves beat OKC tonight, it will be the 1st 6 game winning streak since 2004.

on Edwards, Doogie said he was told it's "day-to-day," and definitely not a long-term problem.

Doogie said he asked Glen Taylor if everything was still on track for A-Rod and Lore to take over as the new majority owners by the end of 2023.

Doogie said he asked what "probably" meant, and Glen said that he still expects it to happen, but the timing could change to either an earlier or a later date.

This!!

Howl Wolves!!

Ok, who wanted Beasley's ass shipped out of here 2 months ago.

I'm guilty as hell.

They got that 6 in a row. It's their longest since the 2003-04 season.

MINNEAPOLIS -- — Malik Beasley made 11 3-pointers to set a Timberwolves franchise-record and help lift Minnesota to its sixth win in a row with a 132-102 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night.

After Beasley hit his final 3, his Timberwolves teammates on the bench celebrated the mark by dumping water and Gatorade on Beasley. The home crowd at Target Center chanted "Beasley!" as he exited the game following the record-setting basket.

Taurean Prince scored 17 points off the bench for Minnesota, while Karl-Anthony Towns recorded another double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds in 29 minutes.

Aaron Wiggins led Oklahoma City with 25 points and nine rebounds. Isaiah Roby added 15 points..

Timberwolves: Jaylen Nowell returned Wednesday after missing the second half of Monday's game with a nasal contusion. Nowell finished with six points in 27 minutes. ... Patrick Beverley was out Wednesday with right ankle soreness.

Doing what good teams are supposed to do. It's fun watching them match up with inferior teams and easily take care of business.

Winning is fun.

But damn, some of these teams they are playing are just bleepin' bad.

for all of the talk about tanking in baseball or football, the NBA tops them all.

Sure, a lot of this is injury related, but some of these teams are basically throwing a G-League caliber of talent out on the floor and charging full ticket prices.

I really think the NBA is going to have to sit down and renegotiate a new CBA and media contract that results in fewer regular season games.

What's the point of playing so many games if your top players are not going to be on the court for 35 or 40% of the time?

Winning is fun.

for all of the talk about tanking in baseball or football, the NBA tops them all.

Sure, a lot of this is injury related, but some of these teams are basically throwing a G-League caliber of talent out on the floor and charging full ticket prices.

I really think the NBA is going to have to sit down and renegotiate a new CBA and media contract that results in fewer regular season games.

What's the point of playing so many games if your top players are not going to be on the court for 35 or 40% of the time?

True, but the owners have figured out that once you get into the playoffs, you want your best players healthy, so they've started to rest them and a higher draft choice is better than a lower one.

Does it suck for the people who bought tickets for that game? Damn right. Though Season Ticket Holders in cities where it's helped them in the playoffs have been more charitable toward it.

After one winning season in 16 years you're upset that the Wolves are beating teams that aren't any good or playing without their stars? Geesus, they've spent years losing to those teams!

Ticket prices for baseball, football and the NBA aren't going down. Should seasons be shortened? Sure. Figure out a way to do it without costing the owners money at the gate and TV revenue and it just might happen.

All the proposals so far, about MLB and the NBA, are just "Don't play as many games!"

Until then, as you said, winning is fun and around here, VERY rare! Enjoy it.

As I've said before, if you have the money to buy a professional franchise, you buy it. This "lay away" deal structure only means one thing: They don't have the money to buy the team and they are looking for investors.

This reminds me a little bit of the Vikings sale many years ago. The guy who stepped forward (can't remember his name) didn't have any money. That became apparent when the profiles of his business career started emerging. Successful dude, but anybody paying attention could easily tell he wasn't NFL successful. The Wilfs were part of his group and they were NFL successful and the original guy stayed in for a small piece. The same thing will probably happen with the wolves. Lore is clearly successful, but he's not NBA successful. Wouldn't be surprised if ARod is TrumpBroke. He's a bullshitter. They'll have to bring real money in to get the sale done.

Winning is fun.

You should have quit there. We've waited forever for this.

As I've said before, if you have the money to buy a professional franchise, you buy it. This "lay away" deal structure only means one thing: They don't have the money to buy the team and they are looking for investors.

This reminds me a little bit of the Vikings sale many years ago. The guy who stepped forward (can't remember his name) didn't have any money. That became apparent when the profiles of his business career started emerging. Successful dude, but anybody paying attention could easily tell he wasn't NFL successful. The Wilfs were part of his group and they were NFL successful and the original guy stayed in for a small piece. The same thing will probably happen with the wolves. Lore is clearly successful, but he's not NBA successful. Wouldn't be surprised if ARod is TrumpBroke. He's a bullshitter. They'll have to bring real money in to get the sale done.
Reggie Fowler. Last I heard he was getting ready to go to trial on some type of fraud charges.

CBS Sports Power Ranking - Wolves are 38-29 and have 15 games left in regular season

9team logo
TIMBERWOLVES
Two games each against the Thunder and the Blazers were just what the doctor ordered this week for the Wolves, who won all four by an average of 31 points. That was with Anthony Edwards missing three games and D'Angelo Russell missing one, as Karl-Anthony Towns took advantage of smaller defenders to the tune of 24 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game on 65 percent shooting. Malik Beasley set a franchise record with 11 3-pointers in Wednesday's win over OKC.--

CBS Sports Power Ranking - Wolves are 38-29 and have 15 games left in regular season

9team logo
TIMBERWOLVES
Two games each against the Thunder and the Blazers were just what the doctor ordered this week for the Wolves, who won all four by an average of 31 points. That was with Anthony Edwards missing three games and D'Angelo Russell missing one, as Karl-Anthony Towns took advantage of smaller defenders to the tune of 24 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game on 65 percent shooting. Malik Beasley set a franchise record with 11 3-pointers in Wednesday's win over OKC.--
i looked at the schedule. Really hoping for that sixth seed, but looking like its going to be tough

i looked at the schedule. Really hoping for that sixth seed, but looking like its going to be tough

Me too but Denver and Dallas just won't lose!

Denver gets Golden State tonight.

Last edited:

Reggie Fowler. Last I heard he was getting ready to go to trial on some type of fraud charges.
Makes me remember the days of Tom Clancy winning the bid to buy the team in the late 90s while McCombs group came in second and eventually got the team.

Don't give up hope yet! Here's a link to the toughest remaining schedules.

The Wolves are 9th

Clippers: 4th
Denver: 7th
Utah: 8th
Dallas: 28th - so they'll likely keep winning

Makes me remember the days of Tom Clancy winning the bid to buy the team in the late 90s while McCombs group came in second and eventually got the team.
If I recall correctly, Tom's problem was that he portrayed to Red and the NFL that his net worth and anticipated income totaled $X while he had been telling his soon to be ex-wife, her lawyers and the divorce court that his net worth and anticipated income were some amount that was far smaller than $X.

If I recall correctly, Tom's problem was that he portrayed to Red and the NFL that his net worth and anticipated income totaled $X while he had been telling his soon to be ex-wife, her lawyers and the divorce court that his net worth and anticipated income were some amount that was far smaller than $X.
I had to look it up as I was starting to get confused about the timeline... Actually Clancy and McCombs were part of separate ownership groups trying to buy the team from the large group of owners.

How Jack Ryan Kept Tom Clancy From Buying The Minnesota Vikings

Wikipedia
The ownership of the Vikings was restructured on December 16, 1991. Irwin Jacobs and Carl Pohlad sold their shares. The team was now owned by ten people: Roger Headrick (CEO and team president), John Skoglund (his family had owned part of the team since it was founded), Jaye Dyer, Philip Maas, Mike Lynn, Wheelock Whitney, James Binger, Bud Grossman, Elizabeth MacMillan and Carol Sperry.

Prior to the start of the 1998 season, the Vikings were sold to Red McCombs. The NFL had not been happy with the Vikings' ownership arrangement of ten owners with none owning 30%. The ownership decided to sell the club. At first it appeared that Tom Clancy would become the new owner. However, his attempt to buy the team fell through. So in July 1998, the team was sold to McCombs, who was from San Antonio, Texas.

Hey these guys are suddenly pretty good, huh?

Weird to see as they have sucked almost my entire life. Maybe basketball can actually be fun.

I had to look it up as I was starting to get confused about the timeline... Actually Clancy and McCombs were part of separate ownership groups trying to buy the team from the large group of owners.

How Jack Ryan Kept Tom Clancy From Buying The Minnesota Vikings

Wikipedia
The ownership of the Vikings was restructured on December 16, 1991. Irwin Jacobs and Carl Pohlad sold their shares. The team was now owned by ten people: Roger Headrick (CEO and team president), John Skoglund (his family had owned part of the team since it was founded), Jaye Dyer, Philip Maas, Mike Lynn, Wheelock Whitney, James Binger, Bud Grossman, Elizabeth MacMillan and Carol Sperry.

Prior to the start of the 1998 season, the Vikings were sold to Red McCombs. The NFL had not been happy with the Vikings' ownership arrangement of ten owners with none owning 30%. The ownership decided to sell the club. At first it appeared that Tom Clancy would become the new owner. However, his attempt to buy the team fell through. So in July 1998, the team was sold to McCombs, who was from San Antonio, Texas.
Thanks for the correction.

When looking at the schedule, after the Miami-Orlando back to back, that is it for the season.

When looking at the schedule, after the Miami-Orlando back to back, that is it for the season.

Doubtful.

That would mean the last 13 games. You looked at a schedule that has then playing Houston twice, San Antonio twice, the Lakers, Washington on it and say the season's over? Think there's zero chance of beating Toronto either? Or for that matter, anybody else who has a better record?

That's a rather bold take you have there.

65-60 Wolves over Orlando at the Half. Only mention this because either the Refs are having a bad night or the Wolves are trying to emulate the Detroits Bad Boys from the late 80's- early 90's.

Minnesota has 16 fouls to the Magic's 6. Leading to 18 FreeThrows to 9. Towns has 4 fouls in 15 minutes and Reid has 4 in 9. Beverley had 3 fouls in 4 minutes, before he got an elbow in the ear and had to leave the game.

Last edited:

We lost to that team both times this year.

What a putrid loss.

Ant is an elite talent but the ball just doesn't move as well when he plays. He makes amazing plays but it's not good when the other four guys are stationary while dribbles down the clock. Part of the reason the 3 pt shots stopped dropping is the open looks weren't there due to the lack of ball movement.

Mo Wagner thinks he's better than he is. Markelle Fultz is better than he thinks he is. I know Bamba is inconsistent, but he sure looked like a player last night. I've seen Suggs four or five times this year (parts of games). I'm probably wrong but he doesn't look like a future star to me. Anthony is super quick. I think Orlando has the makings of a good team.

Top Bottom