All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

Piper has retweeted exclusively UofM support. I haven't seen anything on his feed about Washington...

This class is going to get a really nice bump if we get Piper. Mason, Morris, Piper, and Martin is a great foursome and we still have two more to use after Piper.

Piper is a prototypical player for "the system". I think the fact that his coach is friends with the Pitinos is a great help. I'm hoping this is a better than 50-50 that we get him.

Piper is a prototypical player for "the system". I think the fact that his coach is friends with the Pitinos is a great help. I'm hoping this is a better than 50-50 that we get him.

Bethea has big ties to the Pitinos

Bethea has big ties to the Pitinos

This cannot do anything but help in future recruiting.. assuming Piper comes here and does well (big ifs I realize). There are always good players in that program.

This cannot do anything but help in future recruiting.. assuming Piper comes here and does well (big ifs I realize). There are always good players in that program.

Like I said before, Pitino is a program recruiter, not a player recruiter. For example, he recruits Rex Morgans program at Arlington Country Day. Rex produces 1 to 3 D1 players per year. Right now, 2 commits are from ACD, and 1 target.

I still think we are going to get Pitino's Kevin Ware at some point here.... Pitino has 6 people coming in next year and is still recruiting. He knows someone is leaving other than his 4 seniors, not to mention he has 6 on the roster today as Freshman... Blacksheer a possibility to the NBA?? I doubt it.... I don't get how he is going to have room for all those incoming freshman and what hes going to do with a roster so loaded with youth...

Not sure what that means as Ware is obviously a 2 guard, perhaps he doesn't get any waiver, sits out a year, and is our replacement for Andre Hollins after he graduates? That gives us another year to develop/recruit a stud 2 guard?

Courier Journal: Adam Himmelsbach | On Kevin Ware's whereabouts

In January it was announced that Ware would seek a medical redshirt. He went to games and went through warm-ups and sat on the bench, and then after a while he stopped coming to games altogether.

"It was very hard for him, you know, just to have to sit on the sidelines and watch," Junior said.

A U of L spokesman said Ware has not been attending practices, but added that Ware is still enrolled in classes and still attends most team study halls.

Junior said she speaks to Cardinals coach Rick Pitino fairly often and has been given no indication that Ware will not be welcomed back next year.

He has been tirelessly working out by himself, hoping for a comeback that is more successful than the previous one. But missing out on the Cardinals' latest postseason surge has been difficult.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-himmelsbach-kevin-wares-whereabouts/6846561/

Go Gophers!!

Courier Journal: Adam Himmelsbach | On Kevin Ware's whereabouts

In January it was announced that Ware would seek a medical redshirt. He went to games and went through warm-ups and sat on the bench, and then after a while he stopped coming to games altogether.

"It was very hard for him, you know, just to have to sit on the sidelines and watch," Junior said.

A U of L spokesman said Ware has not been attending practices, but added that Ware is still enrolled in classes and still attends most team study halls.

Junior said she speaks to Cardinals coach Rick Pitino fairly often and has been given no indication that Ware will not be welcomed back next year.

He has been tirelessly working out by himself, hoping for a comeback that is more successful than the previous one. But missing out on the Cardinals' latest postseason surge has been difficult.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-himmelsbach-kevin-wares-whereabouts/6846561/

Go Gophers!!
rick-richard-pitino-kevin-ware-hospital-visit.jpg

We are here for you Kevin....

Mission accomplished - Piper and the Gophers in the Big Apple at the same time !

Senior Transfer PF. I actually like King, but not as a starter. His defense is pretty trrible. I would love for Josh to come in and be a significant contributor right away, but it's hard to rely on freshmen to do that. Buggs, well he is more of a 3 than 4. PF is our weakest position and if we want to make the dance next year, we need an immediate upgrade.

Exactly. I think a lot of people have WAY too high of expectations for Martin, especially as a freshman. Josh scored less than five points twice as often as he scored in double digits in EYBL. The most points he scored in EYBL was 12. Martin can come in and contribute with his energy and defensive rebounding, but he's not really going to be lighting up the box score as a freshman.

Exactly. I think a lot of people have WAY too high of expectations for Martin, especially as a freshman. Josh scored less than five points twice as often as he scored in double digits in EYBL. The most points he scored in EYBL was 12. Martin can come in and contribute with his energy and defensive rebounding, but he's not really going to be lighting up the box score as a freshman.

Like Coach P. said, we don't have anyone in the program like Martin. He wouldn't be the first Gopher coach to patch up a hole with a talented freshman. Martin's strength is rebounding, and one of our big weaknesses is rebounding. In a limited role as a stay at home PF, for lack of a better term, I think Martin can help fill that hole. I don't expect him to fill up the stat sheet, except rebounds. I would use the 3 scholarships for backcourt firepower and a future C.

per Shooter:

Xavier head men's basketball coach Chris Mack, who got a commitment from sharpshooter JP Macura of Lakeville North, is getting mentioned for the Wake Forest job. It Mack were to leave, it could be interesting whether Macura would attempt a switch to the Gophers.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25428108/charley-walters-will-flip-saunders-be-shopping-coach

Go Gophers!!

alright, local reporters should start giving GH'ers our fair cut from their salary when its clear they'd be useless without us

Top Bottom