All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

http://zagsblog.com/articles/smart-turns-down-marquette-recruits-in-limbo/

Looks like Marial Shayok wants out of Marquette as well. Not sure how interested he was in us however. Looks like he visited Virginia so they could be the favorites.

Don't think we are on the rader at all for him but who knows, rumor has it he goes with Buzz to Vtech, I guess the assistant coach has been favoriting his tweets and other peoples tweets about how he should go to Vtech with buzz

Are we guaranteeing a piper commit? Also if we do I'd be super impressed with a Martin Mason Morris Piper class.

Are we guaranteeing a piper commit? Also if we do I'd be super impressed with a Martin Mason Morris Piper class.

More importantly, does Piper have a nickname? Hulk, assassin, squirrel and _______.

"Super impressed" would be quite a stretch, but I think it has potential to be an under-rated recruiting class which can be a building block for once next year's seniors graduate.

More importantly, does Piper have a nickname? Hulk, assassin, squirrel and _______.

Don't mess with the ground squirrels (Gophers), or the Hulk and the assassin will get you and you will pay the piper.....

per Shooter:

Xavier head men's basketball coach Chris Mack, who got a commitment from sharpshooter JP Macura of Lakeville North, is getting mentioned for the Wake Forest job. It Mack were to leave, it could be interesting whether Macura would attempt a switch to the Gophers.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25428108/charley-walters-will-flip-saunders-be-shopping-coach

Go Gophers!!

Let's hope Mack goes to Wake and cross our fingers. Would be a very fortuitous turn of events for the Gopher program if Mack leaves & Macura reconsiders his options. He's a keeper.

Regarding the PF situation next year i believe we are a tourney team regardless of what happens at PF, not a lock but more likely in then out but if we can get a graduate transfer at PF then we would actually win a game or two.

Let's hope Mack goes to Wake and cross our fingers. Would be a very fortuitous turn of events for the Gopher program if Mack leaves & Macura reconsiders his options. He's a keeper.

I would think Wisconsin would be very interested as well if JP were to open things up. That said, a Buckyville poster with connections to Lakeville North posted that the Macuras do not believe Mack will be leaving Xavier.

I would think Wisconsin would be very interested as well if JP were to open things up. That said, a Buckyville poster with connections to Lakeville North posted that the Macuras do not believe Mack will be leaving Xavier.

Wisconsin was recruiting him, but never offered. Screw 'em.

If Mack were to leave Xavier for Wake (and I am skeptical that he would), I would put my money on Creighton for Macura.

He isn't going there. Purdue would be the second most likely big ten school besides us.

I wouldn't be so sure, my dad's friend has a son on the lakeville team, and I guess the macura's are badger fans, if badgers were to offer, I think he is lock to go there. I think wisconsin would offer now that a few scholarships have opened up

I wouldn't be so sure, my dad's friend has a son on the lakeville team, and I guess the macura's are badger fans, if badgers were to offer, I think he is lock to go there. I think wisconsin would offer now that a few scholarships have opened up

What's the Badger connection? Dad is from Ohio, and mom from Iowa.

ETA: Dad went to Bowling Green.

What's the Badger connection? Dad is from Ohio, and mom from Iowa.

ETA: Dad went to Bowling Green.

Didn't say there was a connection, they are just fans of the wisconsin program, apparently his dad was pretty bummed that wisconsin didn't have those 2 scholarships available when jp committed, but also said that the family was very happy with Xavier.

Didn't say there was a connection, they are just fans of the wisconsin program, apparently his dad was pretty bummed that wisconsin didn't have those 2 scholarships available when jp committed, but also said that the family was very happy with Xavier.

When you said they were "Badger fans," I assumed there had to be a connection, other than being impressed with the program during the recruiting process.

JP likes to be the fairest of them all. Wisconsin isn't the place for him.

If he ends up at Wisconsin I quit.

Rather see him stay at Xavier, go to Creighton or enroll at NDSU for all that matters. Hate to say, but he's not coming to the U.

Yeah, if he ends up in Madison, it would remind me of the guy in the stands who the T-shirt falls into his lap after bouncing off three sets of hands and some lady's head. How does everybody always end up there!?!

Louisville is now done for the year. We'll likely hear about some transfers since Rick is on pace to over sign. Have to think Richard may go after whoever transfers.

Louisville is now done for the year. We'll likely hear about some transfers since Rick is on pace to over sign. Have to think Richard may go after whoever transfers.

Looks like they are right at the limit as of now. Smith, Hancock, Van Treese, and Henderson are gone after this year. Henderson is a walk-on who recieved Behanen's scholarship for the second half of the season. Most people feel that Harrell will declare for the nba draft. That leaves these players on the roster for next year plus there 6 incoming recruits.

Terry Rozier
Anton Gill
Chris Jones
Kevin Ware
Mangok Mathiang
Wayne Blackshear
Akoy Agua
Dillon Avair-walk on
David Levitch-walk on

Possible name to keep an eye on is Sean Obi. Probably wouldnt be available till 2015.

That would be awesome. He had a huge freshman year. 6'9" guy who averaged 11 pts and 9 boards as a freshman. Get him practicing with the team and maybe getting in better shape for the B1G (already big, just conditioning wise) while banging with Moe and EE in practice.. it would really make the transition to 2015 a lot better.

per Sid:

• JP Macura, the Lakeville North standout, was one of the big basketball recruits out of this state for the Class of 2014, signing with Xavier. But word is that Musketeers coach Chris Mack is being targeted by Wake Forest for its coaching position, and perhaps that could reopen Macura’s recruiting. Richard Pitino and Co. came in late on recruiting Macura, who might rank with the top recruits in the state. So now the Gophers might get another chance to recruit him, and he would really help the Gophers next season if they could somehow get him.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/253060321.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Sad that people actually believe will sign a quality transfer. If that's graduate or not. Will be signing 3 stars for awhile unless we upgrade facilities.

Top Bottom