All Things 2014 Basketball Recruiting Thread

I never said "nobody considers him a 4 star" I just said nobody considers him a top 100 player and also I never denied the fact that i said he isn't a 4 star however it is just silly to call him a 4 star when only one of the four sites actually gives him 4 stars and all four sites don't give him a top 100 rank.

Why are you tying top 100 to 4 stars? What if one class has much more top talent than another class? Sites can and should base ratings upon a players ability. ESPN rated him high enough to be considered a 4 star player. Why is that so hard to accept? Nobody is trying to say that he is a 4 star recruit, without question. 247 has him right on the bubble as well. You are simply incorrect to say that he isn't a 4 star recruit if one site has him as such. That's selective reasoning. I personally use rivals for most of recruit information, and they show him as a 3 star recruit. That doesn't mean that someone who leans towards ESPN is wrong if they were to call him a 4 star recruit.

Who cares, you don't win games based off of how many stars the players were as 17 year olds. Doug McDermott was a 3 star coming out of high school. Its just a dumb rating system that gets fans excited.

Who cares, you don't win games based off of how many stars the players were as 17 year olds. Doug McDermott was a 3 star coming out of high school. Its just a dumb rating system that gets fans excited.

Dougie looked like a 2 star against Baylor

Recruiting update:
Piper looks gold
Konate has possible qualifying issues
Cohen MU or U of M
Graham looking like cincy
Bowers has too many issues
MJ Rhett is wide open
Lee is leaning Iowa State or Indiana

Recruiting update:
Piper looks gold
Cohen MU or U of M
MJ Rhett is wide open

Not perfect, but I'll take it! POLLYANNA!

Recruiting update:
Piper looks gold
Cohen MU or U of M
MJ Rhett is wide open

Piper just named us as one of his final three (not surprising) but took the Zags off and replaced them with South Carolina? That's a curve ball considering they haven't even offered a scholarship according to 247.

Piper just named us as one of his final three (not surprising) but took the Zags off and replaced them with South Carolina? That's a curve ball considering they haven't even offered a scholarship according to 247.

Weird. Why is there always some wildcard coming in at the last minute?

Just saw a flurry of transfers announced on twitter but I'm on my phone so it's hard to share them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Recruiting update:
Piper looks gold
Cohen MU or U of M
MJ Rhett is wide open

I hope you're right!

Looks like Hoiberg wants Lee to carryout the tradition of Cyclone transfers, Kane, Allen, White, countless others. Has Hoiberg had an impact player that he recruited out of high school yet?

Looks like Hoiberg wants Lee to carryout the tradition of Cyclone transfers, Kane, Allen, White, countless others. Has Hoiberg had an impact player that he recruited out of high school yet?

He is just preparing himself for when he has to coach men who this age in the NBA when he is announced as the twolves new coach this summer

Sounds like Wake Forest is very interested in Chris Mack and he has some ties to the program too. I'm hoping he takes the Wake Forest job and maybe then Macura would look elsewhere and we would have another chance at him.

Sounds like Wake Forest is very interested in Chris Mack and he has some ties to the program too. I'm hoping he takes the Wake Forest job and maybe then Macura would look elsewhere and we would have another chance at him.

Macura seem like the kid to flip schools just because a coach leaves. I see him sticking with Xavier no matter what happens with Mack.

If he looked elsewhere, it wouldn't be here.

Macura seem like the kid to flip schools just because a coach leaves. I see him sticking with Xavier no matter what happens with Mack.

He sorta did that with butler when Stevens left

He doesnt fit here. Piper is a much better fit. He is a beast on D and in transition. I can see him dunking on the freaks from wisky, and bringing the barn down!

A guy who can shoot like he does fits anywhere

Top Bottom